• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta preview [Game revolution] [Update: Big Screens]

Zoolader

Alright I got me some Mexican beer and tortilla corn chips with salsa and just waiting for this Halo 5 stream to start!

Kagutaba

Looking at these Halo 4 and 5 screens makes me miss Halo: Reach's armor designs so much. In Halo human tech has always been characterized by robustness, practicality and straight lines of solid metal. In Reach Bungie managed for the first time since Halo: Combat Evolved to translate that look to the Spartan armor.

This chunk of plastic, busy and frankly anime mech looking design isn't just a step back away from a unified Human look. It also muddies the waters between Halo's different factions, were before the Covenant, Humans and Forerunner had their own unique materials, mentality and design they now look much more the same, and much more generic.

itbbiWbfRE7L8.gif

Strider

There were 3-4 things I didn't like. Sliding, ledge grabbing, cherge and the ground pound/smash.

The rest looked amazing and really fun to play. I quite like the changes to sprint and the ads causing descope whenever you take damage. Can't wait to try it.

Umm.... WOW! Halo 5 looks good, like really good. I was impressed. Visually it looked fantastic, the gameplay looks incredible. Cannot fucking wait until December 29th!

Game4life

Banned
Does not look particularly exciting. Seems like just another run of the mill multiplayer shooter. Looking forward to see how they do the campaign.

th4tguy

Game looks a lot like advance warfare. Doesn't look horrible. I'm much more interested in it now after watching footage of it playing. The players kept zooming into ADS even though there wasn't supposed to be a benifit.... not sure how that will play out.

Top Bottom