• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta preview [Game revolution] [Update: Big Screens]

i-Lo

Honestly looks like a map that is pushing the e-sports arena feel. Looks good though. Let's how the pacing of this game now that it has ADS.

Wait. This isn't CGI? No way this is ingame.

I know, eh? Looks way too good to be in-game. Looks better than any game I've seen this gen considering 60fps! CGI quality at buttery frame rate.

Altairre

Is the beta about figuring out how good the game looks or how it plays?

This is what happens when you advertise betas like a demo though beta isn't even cool enough anymore and more and more games release "alpha" versions. Originally a (multiplayer) beta is supposed to help the developers by giving them the opportunity to test out their game in a environment that is close to the live version. Stuff can be unfinished and unbalanced. So no, a beta is not about figuring out how good the game looks and only to a certain degree about how it plays.

Jito

Banned
Come on guys, I spoiler tagged it :p I updated my post though. Wasn't a big spoiler btw. Very vague.

Oh thanks then, I now know the part of the film you spoiled wasn't important, more spoilers. Why do some people find spoiler tags impossible to use? You have to say what the spoiler is for before the spoiler, not too complicated.

Kssio_Aug

Just arrived home and saw these at 1080p on my TV. It is not looking that awesome, but its looking pretty good! I liked that clean visual! And it is specially good taking in consideration that it is beta content, one year before release, and 60 frames per second. In movement it may be looking pretty damn great!

6125aaaf1452.png

That's some GeoW 1 level graphics.

You do realize its super blown up.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Prepare to be tackled to the ground and shanked. You may not voice your opinion. Especially if it's good.

heheh, well there are going to be areas where one game will probably perform better than the other but it's quite comparable. For starters I don't think Halo needs or will push as many particle effects as Killzone but a solid 60 fps, and 1080p resolution in Halo 5 will push it over.

Both games will be very comparable side by side, given similar aesthetics.

Compsiox

Banned
heheh, well there are going to be areas where one game will probably perform better than the other but it's quite comparable. For starters I don't think Halo needs or will push as many particle effects as Killzone but a solid 60 fps, and 1080p resolution in Halo 5 will push it over.

Both games will be very comparable side by side, given similar aesthetics.

Yes but also keep in mind it isn't releasing for a year.

Gamer345

Banned
Up with killzone graphics wise? I mean common...

Its way better than killzone gameplay wise for sure. Lol!

Yea we are talking about graphics not gameplay, put your fanboy shield down for a second

And shadowfall looks incredibly impressive, even for a launch title

Doesn't sound particularly good and it isn't unfair to say that perhaps most peoples fears after the leaked footage last night were in fact justified.

Really need to see some lengthy footage before making a firm judgement one way or the other, but the signs aren't great...

Kssio_Aug

When they will show the beta this night?
I'm excited to see this. And then... jump right into the Collection that I've never ever played! =P

Doesn't sound particularly good and it isn't unfair to say that perhaps most peoples fears after the leaked footage last night were in fact justified.

Really need to see some lengthy footage before making a firm judgement one way or the other, but the signs aren't great...
This is what I'm thinking too. :/

I'm all for mocking this kind of thing when people are zooming in to a distant tree to complain about dithering for something 2km away, but we're talking about pretty poor textures on a model that's literally 2 feet from the screen.

Having said that, this is really, really early. Like potentially up to a year away. It's extremely possible that these are placeholder assets a la TitanFall's beta.

I would say this is very likely. Especially for a game that is a year away from release. And when you consider that this probably an old build (stable build, older than whatever they're working on now), it represents work that is almost definitely more than a year away from release.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I think people are expect too much graphically considering it is going to be 60 fps, and hopefully not Titanfall "60 fps".

If there were a playlist that operated as a classic Halo game (no ADS, no sprint, no spartan abilities) would you be more interested in the game? I would for sure

Kacho

Halo makes people go full stupid it seems

It's definitely beginning to look that way.

Anyway, I'm liking what I've seen and heard so far. Graphically the game looks fucking sweet. Halo has been stale for years so I'm glad 343 is shaking things up. Can't wait to give it a go in the Beta.

Cow

Yeah, as a massive fan of the series, right now this isn't sounding like a Halo I'd like to buy. Lucky for MCC!

vrln

Neo Member
Not going to comment on the design choices as I have never played Halo online much, but I really like the art direction here. Very impressive graphics for a 60 fps game. The particle effects looked neat on the blurry videos too. Hoping they will make it 1080P - that clean IQ would look so good with this contrast heavy style.

Looking forward to the beta!

GnawtyDog

Banned
Not going to comment on the design choices as I have never played Halo online much, but I really like the art direction here. Very impressive graphics for a 60 fps game. The particle effects looked neat on the blurry videos too. Hoping they will make it 1080P - that clean IQ would look so good with this contrast heavy style.

Looking forward to the beta!

I thought they confirmed 1080p?

This is what I'm thinking too. :/

If it is a case of worst fears confirmed, at least we'll have Halo 2 and 3 to enjoy for the rest of the generation.

It'll be a shame about Halo 5, but I won't lose any sleep. I'll still try to enjoy the campaign and then head straight back to MCC for my multiplayer fix.

Heretic

If it is a case of worst fears confirmed, at least we'll have Halo 2 and 3 to enjoy for the rest of the generation.

It'll be a shame about Halo 5, but I won't lose any sleep. I'll still try to enjoy the campaign and then head straight back to MCC for my multiplayer fix.

Same here!

Top Bottom