• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta preview [Game revolution] [Update: Big Screens]

Sydle

My gosh, comparing a bullshot from a finished game to a screen capture of a beta a year out from release.

Never change, GAF.

jem0208

Considering killzone doesn't even look like that and does not run at 60fps, I have no idea why you post such trollish stuff.

Especially considering this is over a year from being released and the armour being used in that shot is most likely placeholder from Halo 4.

And the fact that the Killzone shot is a bullshot.

LukeTim

Halo came to Washington as a guest, he ate Lord Frankie's bread and salt, and hung up his sword to feast with friends, and they murdered him. Murdered I say! And may 343i choke upon their fables. I drink with Bonnie, jape with jared, and promise Jacob the hand of my beloved granddaughter, but never think that means I have forgotten. The fans remember, the fans remember and this mummers farce is almost done, my son is home.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I think people are expect too much graphically considering it is going to be 60 fps, and hopefully not Titanfall "60 fps".

I hope it hits stable 60fps with no tearing. I could live with simple graphics, especially in multiplayer.

I am skeptical about the claim that these screens show placeholder assets. While it makes sense that the Beta would ship with heavily compressed textures and placeholders, especially for the environment, to keep the download small, they would at least ship the full quality Spartan models and textures, and render them with all effects. Especially for released screenshots. What we are seeing here really looks rough.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sure looks better then Killzone ...

kzsf_fe_2013-10-08_helghast-infantry_01.jpg
Let's please not do this. That goes to very one bickering about Killzone comparisons.

If it is a case of worst fears confirmed, at least we'll have Halo 2 and 3 to enjoy for the rest of the generation.

It'll be a shame about Halo 5, but I won't lose any sleep. I'll still try to enjoy the campaign and then head straight back to MCC for my multiplayer fix.

This is a brilliant move

Arion

343i said they were pushing 1080p 60 fps so im not expecting amazing graphics. Although it looks sharp for a game 1 year before release.

It really doesn't most of the time.
Mp does single player did not, kinda like cod.

Visuals aside killzone was boring as sin single player wise and halo trounces it and game play is all that matters right? And 343i after halò 4, and the sounds of whats going on wih 5.. i have fuck all faith.

Are you telling me a launch title for a console wont run/look as nice as a game 2 years down the line?

Wow..

Also runs at 60 in mp so who gives a fuck.
It doesnt even run at anywhere near a consistent 60fps in multiplayer. And to boot with horrible image quality.

Posting a supersampled light box screenshot of th e killzone renderer on a PC is a sure way to make a halo thread great. Right?
In SP it looks quite close.

@ 30 fps on a more powerful system at retail. Of course.

I don't even own an xb1, will probably never even play this game and I am having to fend the flames from troll posting.

mcz117chief

Not trying to sound like a jerk but...I haven't seen a square space for a long time (you can see the corner and the sides of the cube universe clear as day), I hope they will mask it for the full release because this is just embarrassing.

EvB

343i said they were pushing 1080p 60 fps so im not expecting amazing graphics. Although it looks sharp for a game 1 year before release.

Halo 4 looks even more amazing than it did in MCC, Halo 5 will look even more amazing. Can't wait.

Sojgat

I'll still be wary about the campaign. Not entirely sold on the idea of playing as Locke for the most part, but I'm interested to see where the story goes and why exactly he's hunting MC down.

Hated playing as the Arbiter, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like this.

I wouldn't buy a Batman game where I had to play as Catwoman for the majority of the campaign.

This is a brilliant move

Only way to go really. I made my peace with Halo 5 possibly going in a direction that wasn't aligned with my expectations for Halo last night.

I'll be bitterly disappointed, but at least Halo 2 and 3 MP will be there to soften the blow.

I refuse to believe they will do this again.

Will it be as good as playing Arbiter in H2? I'd like to think so, but my heart tells me it probably won't be.

Hated playing as the Arbiter, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like this.

I wouldn't buy a Batman game where I had to play as Catwoman for the majority of the campaign.

I quite liked playing as Arby, but I do understand the point and can see why some hated those sections.

GnawtyDog

Banned
@ 30 fps on a more powerful system at retail. Of course.

I don't even own an xb1, will probably never even play this game and I am having to fend the flames from troll posting.

I just said both games look comparable, will be comparable graphics wise. Shit got overblown quite fast from both sides. Can't even compare these days hehe....

I just said both games look comparable, will be comparable graphics wise. Shit got overblown quite fast from both sides. Can't even compare these days hehe....
A comparison is having two direct feed screens from the game @ retail whilst minding the context of their resolution and performance metrics.

Posting a super sampled screenshot from a light box to a game which hasnt even been released is just bad posting.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not trying to sound like a jerk but...I haven't seen a square space for a long time (you can see the corner and the sides of the cube universe clear as day), I hope they will mask it for the full release because this is just embarrassing.
I don't understand. Are you saying you're upset over the map being in the shape of a rectangle?

GnawtyDog

Banned
A comparison is having two direct feed screens from the game @ retail whilst minding the context of their resolution and performance metrics.

Posting a super sampled screenshot from a light box to a game which hasnt even been released is just bad posting.

That wasn't me though...

fantomena

Why are people comparing graphics between games when one of them (Halo 5) has yet to be shown outside of compressed pics?

As far as my knowledge goes we know nothing about Halo 5s graphics. So we can neither say how much better it looks than Killzone: Shadow Fall nor Halo 4.

Kayant

the confirmed at E3 no?

Nope. Only two things confirmed was 60fps + dedicated servers.

In the past, “Halo” games have pushed the Xbox forward, showcasing the console and its ecosystem in entertaining and innovative ways. Making a “Halo” game that runs at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we’ve been dreaming of for more than a decade, is non-trivial. It’s a task that we, at 343 Industries, are taking very seriously to ensure we deliver the “Halo” game that fans deserve, and a game that is built from the ground up for Xbox One.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement

XGoldenboyX

Considering killzone doesn't even look like that and does not run at 60fps, I have no idea why you post such trollish stuff.

Considering , I like Halo and have played them all... Im expecting more out of character models , and you want ingame ... here

image_311522_full.jpg

looks pretty close to me.

Why are people comparing graphics between games when one of them (Halo 5) has yet to be shown outside of compressed pics?

As far as my knowledge goes we know nothing about Halo 5s graphics. So we can neither say how much better it looks than Killzone: Shadow Fall nor Halo 4.

gotta kill time until reveal.

Ampoc

Neo Member
It's pretty silly comparing an early build game, that's not even at it's beta stage yet, to a game that has already been released. Of course the one released is going to look better than the other. Give it a year when it releases and then start comparing.

It was just an off hand comment about Halo 5 having a good imagine quality like a certain other game did and that snowballed. People get carried away.

jem0208

Edit: Wait, you're saying the skybox is cubic...?

Really?

mcz117chief

I don't understand. Are you saying you're upset over the map being in the shape of a rectangle?

no, that the space, as in the final frontier, is extremely obviously shaped like a cube. Every game does it like that, but most games don't have half of their stars on their borders and try to mask the lines and corners with nebulas, bright stars, dust clouds, asteroids, etc.

games like EVE, as the best example of space

What do you mean?

It's intentionally cubic...

Of course it is intentionally cubic, but you don't want the people to see that now would you ? It really kills the atmosphere.

Leyasu

Banned
I'll still be wary about the campaign. Not entirely sold on the idea of playing as Locke for the most part, but I'm interested to see where the story goes and why exactly he's hunting MC down.

Bungie did the same with halo 2. Played half the campaign as the arbiter, then left a cliffhanger. I think 343 are going to the same.

Top Bottom