• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Forge - First PC Gameplay (Custom Match + 4K Map Flythrough)

Muzicfreq

Banned
these screenshots are exactly why Halo remasters and from now on should also be on PC

Also the fact that many many MANY more people will buy the games and that equates to more $$$$$$$

these screenshots are exactly why Halo remasters and from now on should also be on PC

Also the fact that many many MANY more people will buy the games and that equates to more $$$$$$$
Not sure about many MANY as Windows 10/MS store is pretty damn limiting.

If they released MCC on Steam it would sell shit loads.

Thanks, so official multiplayer maps will be available to play, only no matchmaking?

yupperooni

Except for warzone maps cause you cant play warzone in custom games anyway

But keep in mind that a custom game browser is coming in the future. We don't know when yet. Could be a few weeks.

Basically when that comes, you'll be able to look for custom game lobbies created by other people and join them. At least I hope it works that way

krang

Any changes to the player limit? I assume it's fixed to the arena cap of 16, but would be interesting if they did bump it.

The Anniversary update took too long to install and I missed the short window in which it was up. SMH MS, if it goes up early might as well just deal with it at that point.

Thanks, so official multiplayer maps will be available to play, only no matchmaking?

If someone has a custom map saved, you could probably play that, but again, you have to being in your own party to play it. Once the custom games browser is added, it should make it easier.

So even though I have a 650 Ti, it's saying I don't have DirectX Feature Level 12.
It crashes after saying I don't meet the minimum requirements even though everything is checked except the direct x mark. Any ideas?

As a long time Halo fan dear god this is a dream come true. To see Halo with such good image quality THANK YOU 343 for finally making this happen!!

Some more 4k downsampled shots

29225095900_0a2d8709b9_o.png

28892644243_78d12d1f81_o.png

29514823295_b61066f614_o.png

29406115892_6c6756563c_o.png
AF seems low

Madness

30fps campaign madness please

I am saying that if push came to shove, wouldn't you want a 4K/30fps visual stunner of a campaign. Believe me, I know what 60fps has added but there are also drawbacks. For multiplayer, having it be smooth 60 fps is amazing. But in campaign, having resolution drop super low in heavy parts, and have it be variable to maintain framerate along with the janky 30fps animations at a slight distance, I wouldn't have minded 30fps for more visual fidelity no? Games like Uncharted and others pull it off easy. Anyways, no need to argue.

I am saying that if push came to shove, wouldn't you want a 4K/30fps visual stunner of a campaign. Believe me, I know what 60fps has added but there are also drawbacks. For multiplayer, having it be smooth 60 fps is amazing. But in campaign, having resolution drop super low in heavy parts, and have it be variable to maintain framerate along with the janky 30fps animations at a slight distance, I wouldn't have minded 30fps for more visual fidelity no? Games like Uncharted and others pull it off easy. Anyways, no need to argue.

I personally thought Uncharted 4 was a big step down going from the Uncharted Collection, shooting felt so unresponsive and sluggish in comparison, and the motion blur was way OTT. 60fps>shiny shine

As a long time Halo fan dear god this is a dream come true. To see Halo with such good image quality THANK YOU 343 for finally making this happen!!

Some more 4k downsampled shots

*beautiful pics from a beautiful gaffer*

Jesus its so good!! One of the things I hate about Halo 5 is the damn "shimmeriness" and jaggidy lines everywhere. This is so...clear...ugh. Fuck you PC nerds.
I'm too dumb to build a PC

AF seems low

Its 16x AF

Alright last 4k downsampled shots from me for the evening. My first thoughts without having played any multi online at all is that it feels like a solid build. At 4k on my 980ti its almost always 60fps, though with a few dips on certain maps. Can't wait to give it more of a spin with people

28893060993_110cc30d3c_o.png

29480933566_11dccd8870_o.png

Ken

should i download if i just want to play multiplayer and not make maps?

apparently there's no custom game browser so i guess it's just inviting people you know?

Madness

Its 16x AF

Alright last 4k downsampled shots from me for the evening. My first thoughts without having played any multi online at all is that it feels like a solid build. At 4k on my 980ti its almost always 60fps, though with a few dips on certain maps. Can't wait to give it more of a spin with people

28893060993_110cc30d3c_o.png

29480933566_11dccd8870_o.png

These look amazing! Can't wait to see once it launches and the maps forgers create what kind of visuals we'll see. 4K/60fps customs will be something else.

xJavonta

Banned
wish i could even download the game. Really not looking forward to the large file download while I'm trying to play. would much rather it download while im in class and sleeping.

JDB

Banned
4K is overrated. It makes shit a bit sharper and less jaggy. 60fps actually makes the game play smoothly. 1080p is perfectly fine for now.

On dev maps I easily maintain 60 FPS @4K. Some forge maps are killing the frame rate though and they never caused frame dips on Xbox (High Citadel, Resolute).

eman4ever

Map builder with the option to play maps in custom games. A custom games browser will be added later on though.

Pfft!

Edit: Changed my location in Windows to US and the game started downloading.

Where did u change it? in windows store app or the website?

Leyasu

Banned
4K is overrated. It makes shit a bit sharper and less jaggy. 60fps actually makes the game play smoothly. 1080p is perfectly fine for now.

This.Scorpio should be plenty for an amazing looking 1080/60 halo 6. Fuck 4k for now

Top Bottom