• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

Computron

isolation is one of my favorite Halo maps

if you remove the regen
and most of the bottom
and put it in a different game that doesn't have bad AR starts

so basically i just like the hill

isolation is my favorite map too.
if you throw it in a dumpster and light it on fire.
and replace it with last resort.

nillapuddin

Presumably it would fix the versions they bookmarked as well. When you save the map it uploads it to the cloud then they automatically download the updates.

If I'm understanding how it works correctly.

hm, well, that would be nice. Bookmarks dont show file descriptions, that would be the easiest way to know, I just cant tell what versions are in my bookmarks

also

anybody interested in helping out or throwing stuff at a wall for my longshore remix?
I have seriously 1 idea that is stuck in my head, but Im wondering if there is a more creative idea out there

my idea, turn it into a sidewinder style symmetrical U shaped map

something like this?

Zgb4HC4.png

Love to hear some opinions, and if you want to build with me, or have a copy for yourself, just let me know and Ill invite you sometime (not right now, Im going to dinner, but after!)

p.s.
how annoying would it be if there was a tunnel that went through the map divide, that only personnel/light vehicles could make it through? so a flag run on a mongoose, but if you want to go with a warthog, you have to go the long way around

Raide

GOD.
DAMN.
YOU.
FORGE.

Have we figured out how to sort the item locked and grouped bug? Mine seems to focus on 0,0,0. I put a block their to try the colour stuff out for maps and it all aims at that. Could this be the issues that causes it somehow?

Real soul destroying and demotivating to spend ages working on something new and then this happens.

GOD.
DAMN.
YOU.
FORGE.

Have we figured out how to sort the item locked and grouped bug? Mine seems to focus on 0,0,0. I put a block their to try the colour stuff out for maps and it all aims at that. Could this be the issues that causes it somehow?

Real soul destroying and demotivating to spend ages working on something new and then this happens.

when you spawn on the map and the groups are locked or everything is blinking, you have to create a new group and ungroup everything to fix it.

when you change the time of day (usually on Glacier) and one of your pieces or groups shows an arrow to a random origin point, your canvas is bugged and you have to reload it.

Karl2177

My suggestion with groups is to just make the group and then once you're done doing everything with it, ungroup it.

Also Nokyard, you were saying it kept telling you that you had 3 groups. I think those 3 groups were the default cameras and animations.

Karl2177

Double post, I know. So for my newest WiP map, I've been trying to emulate Halo PC a bit, and I somehow found a way to emulate the PC fog glitch.

hollows-fog-bug.png

It only works on the Halo ring setting. Set your distance fog to maximum brightness and thickness. Then for some reason any point where the game renders a terrain piece against the background, it cancels all fog on the background. Dunno if I want to keep it that way or just switch it back to normal(Exosphere setting).

EDIT: Other pictures from today.

hollows-teleporter.png

CE styled teleporter.

hollows-forerunner-structure.png

CE-esque fin structure

nillapuddin

I like the architecture youre goin for Karl

If I do end up going for that U shaped style for longshore remix, I think I want to take a really cool/notable structure from campaigns past and build it as either the new neutral base or as the map divide

Ive never felt capable of capturing that forerunner style aesthetic, but for the remix I think I might give it a go, Ill just have to study some campaign pics/vids

JDHarbs

Started on a Condemned remake today because it seems like the only map that hasn't been taken yet. Also, I thought it was one of the better maps from Reach which I know isn't exactly saying much, but I don't care. I'm committed at this point.

After the first session, all of the pieces seem to be lining up perfectly with the original dimensions. Even the skybox seems to mirror the original well. I'm feeling really good about this one so far, but we'll see how it goes.

I should have the center room finished tomorrow, and I'll share some screenshots.

Vico

So, that should be useful. My friend Zeny found out a way to weld a couple of new objects, which offers, for example, the possibility to "drive" a civilian car by combining a warthog and a car.

Here's an example in gif form
1452593638-carthog.gif

Here are the exact steps you need to do
The neat thing is that you can weld other objects, like this cool one that will surely get some use.
From HaloDestiny (in french)

EDIT: also, just as I typed all this, ducain released a tutorial video on his channel, based on Zeny's find.

Raide

So, that should be useful. My friend Zeny found out a way to weld a couple of new objects, which offers, for example, the possibility to "drive" a civilian car by combining a warthog and a car.

1452593638-carthog.gif

The neat thing is that you can weld other objects, like this cool one that will surely get some use.

EDIT: also, just as I typed all this, ducain released a tutorial video on his channel, based on Zeny's find.

I kinda thought this was possible but also thought it would not work that well.

Mobile CTF etc could be interesting.

farcryfan

Neo Member
Do you guys make movie style poster pictures to promote your forge maps ? if not you should give it a go. it's nice to finish a map and make a poster to show it off.

DesertFox

1452593638-carthog.gif

Does this mean you could weld 63 objects to a Warthog? (Possibly more with multiple groups?)

Elephant incoming. Somebody do it.

farcryfan

Neo Member
Dear 343,

Can I have some more geometry pieces please?

Ta
I hope you have better luck with your call to 343 than we did with ubisoft. ubisoft were very poor for support with the map editor post release. only once out of all far cry games did we get extra items added to the editor. and that was blood dragon items in the far cry 3 map editor. hope you have better support than we did.

Is it possible to script Strongholds so as to despawn them after capture or "lock" capture points the way you could with Territories? It'd be interesting to do something in the style of Turning Point where you start out with four capture points that you can capture in any order and have it be an asymmetrical thing.

Lol i dont mean an actual real print poster. i just mean a picture in the style of a movie poster like these.

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y347/AMWMAPS/ptrddd_zpslck1ayg6.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y347/AMWMAPS/AACCDDD_zpslsmdokpf.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm just playing with you homie

Raide

I hope you have better luck with your call to 343 than we did with ubisoft. ubisoft were very poor for support with the map editor post release. only once out of all far cry games did we get extra items added to the editor. and that was blood dragon items in the far cry 3 map editor. hope you have better support than we did.

We can only hope. I think we will be lucky to get bug fixes. More-so than any additional Forge tools etc.

Raide

I have figured out I am pretty rubbish at making bases for terrain maps. I keep making little terrain maps and then have no idea how bases should work.

I need to look at more maps and get some inspiration.

jem0208

I have figured out I am pretty rubbish at making bases for terrain maps. I keep making little terrain maps and then have no idea how bases should work.

I need to look at more maps and get some inspiration.

Same...

No idea how to make bases, I can make some really cool looking terrain though.

I'm good at blocking out map spaces, but suck at making bases. I have to just kind of wing it, but Nightingale's have turned out pretty decently. I'll upload some pics later tonight.

So I'm going to remake Kingdom but updated for Halo 5 of course. Already got some pretty cool ideas planned out.

No snow though, I've had enough of that. Something else perhaps.

Also - starting this Friday on my sites channel, I'm going to be doing a weekly (dependant upon interest) Forge Friday Youtube Gaming Show.

Ideally would like to showcase maps, walkarounds, playtesting with HaloGAF contributers all at a delicious 1080P60.

If anyone is interested in showing some maps off, getting feedback from other players, just shooting stuff in the face, then drop me a message or post here. I'll be picking maps up at my leisure, so hope to see plenty of cool stuff.

:)

Raide

So I'm going to remake Kingdom but updated for Halo 5 of course. Already got some pretty cool ideas planned out.

No snow though, I've had enough of that. Something else perhaps.

Also - starting this Friday on my sites channel, I'm going to be doing a weekly (dependant upon interest) Forge Friday Youtube Gaming Show.

Ideally would like to showcase maps, walkarounds, playtesting with HaloGAF contributers all at a delicious 1080P60.

If anyone is interested in showing some maps off, getting feedback from other players, just shooting stuff in the face, then drop me a message or post here. I'll be picking maps up at my leisure, so hope to see plenty of cool stuff.

:)

Love the idea....both the remake and the YouTube stuff!

Edit: New Map.

I really need to make sure I decorate maps a little more. It does bring a little more flavour to them. No idea what this map is. Maybe BTB. It has hidden caves and stuff dotted around. I like the look of this one.

belushy

Banned
I cant seem to get it to work with Banshees. They just won't spawn no matter what I put the timer on

edit: I think you can't do two "interactive" objects with each other, it messes up the spawning. I was trying to attach extra turrets to a banshee and a Warthog but either the vehicle doesn't spawn or the turrets don't spawn.

Homeboyd

I cant seem to get it to work with Banshees. They just won't spawn no matter what I put the timer on

edit: I think you can't do two "interactive" objects with each other, it messes up the spawning. I was trying to attach extra turrets to a banshee and a Warthog but either the vehicle doesn't spawn or the turrets don't spawn.
But can you attach building materials to the banshee? ie could you attach a platform to the top of a banshee that another player could stand on while you fly around?

belushy

Banned

NOKYARD

We are going to attempt to put together a BTB test lobby tonight starting around 9:00 or 9:30 EST (sorry UK folks) Bring your stuff!

If you can't make it and would like us to test your completed maps (no WIP for this test please) please post your GT and map here. If you can help test msg runNOKYARDrun.

Vico

I think you should try with a phaeton rather than a banshee, because it shouldn't be influenced by the weight. Don't know if it'll work, but you should try.

Yeah seems to work decent with the Phaeton though the turning speed is slowed a ton. You also can't phase into the Phaeton for some reason. Even if both are set to phased the second you release the object the Phaeton glitches out and starts flying as if it was normal physics.

edit: Just a lil asteroid. http://xboxclips.com/belucheez/5b1e1b27-1f6b-4bcd-b7f6-a4d10fc8dc3e

Now just phase a shield / small cover in there to block your shots and we can have a minigame focused on dodging the asteroids!

M0aHerder

Neo Member
We are going to attempt to put together a BTB test lobby tonight starting around 9:00 or 9:30 EST (sorry UK folks) Bring your stuff!

If you can't make it and would like us to test your completed maps (no WIP for this test please) please post your GT and map here. If you can help test msg runNOKYARDrun.

I might be able to make it if it lasts more than 3 hours, but if you don't expect it to I'd love to get my map Spearhead tested, haven't really had much chance to do so with proper teams. My GT is M0aHerder.

Will you be streaming it?

Even though the spawns haven't been Schnitzel'd, please test Odyssey Base. And please archive your stream! I'll be fast asleep sadly.

Raide

Well, if you need some random stuff...Won't be able to make this one!

GT: Raide UK

Winter Valley v3 (Slayer and CTF) 8 Spawns per Team x 3.
Longest Yard Team (Slayer and CTF) 16 Player Spawns
Q3CTF4v3 (Slayer and CTF) 16 Player Spawns

These are in my Bookmarks.

Outside of some testing/spawning/weapon tweaks, I am pretty happy with these.

Winter Valley has 3 team spawns, more vehicles and weapons. Would love to see you check this one so I know what to improve on.

Top Bottom