• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 - Game Informer details

LordOfChaos

In my headcanon, that covered heart inscribed on his armor is now a covered dickbutt

Mwi9mux.png

The Flash

Banned
Speaking of e3, Stinkles, golly it sure would be nice to watch the press conference on xbox live, but darn it all, I'm waiting on a third refurbished console from microsofts service center to arrive, and it will probably also be broken just like the last two they sent me that are supposedly 'certified' to work. I will now go through 4 Xbox Ones in just over a years time. 3 in the last two weeks alone. I guess its somehow cheaper to keep shipping defective consoles to me, than just ponying up for a new one. MS is so lucky they have Halo or I would completely drop them. So if Halo 5 is bad, which is sound like it wont be at least, then I cant justify buying an Xbox console ever again. Not after 5 360's and now 4 Xbox Ones. I'm starting to wish Halo was mutliplatform. Sad for me to say since I was one of the biggest xbox supporters since the original. sigh.

wow

Outrun

Looks like the latest batch of pics takes place on that ONI facility that the article mentions.

The design looks human right?

link1201

Getting this stuff this week makes me super hyped for Monday. What do they have up their sleeve. Next week will be amazing.

So... Am I the only one who wishes the inclusion of Blue Team were hidden until the e3 trailer? I felt like they were given a weak introduction in the recent comics, and now we were just casually told they'd be playing a huge role in Halo 5, from out of nowhere...

My face would have literallt melted Monday, if this were their huge surprise.

I think it's safe to assume they have an enormous multiplayer announcement up their sleeve. Something absolutely unfathomable in the Halo universe.

Most of the shots look kinda bullshotty until we have people playing the game at least, but it still looks nice overall and 1080p/60fps is always awesome.

Gestault

Are these Halo 4 screenshots?

Normally I'd cringe at this sort of comment, but honestly, the level of detail in these stills does look a lot like Halo 4 from the MCC. Which isn't to say bad, but the wow factor isn't there (outside of it being Blue Team). I'd still be totally ok with that assuming story/gameplay is where it needs to be.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I'm not impressed. Looks like Halo 4 with 60fps?

So you've played the final game on your own TV?

Wow... impressive!

Basing graphics on video is an awful thing to do.

Ever since this generation started videos have been doing an incredibly poor job showing how well these games actually look.

Faith

I don't really care that much about the visuals. The beta was kind of good enough for me, that in 1080p with 60fps and some decent AA and I'm ok.

Doffen

I'm not impressed. Looks like Halo 4 with 60fps?

Halo 4 looked quite amazing though. The biggest difference is probably better quality on the textures, there's also some pictures in the Game Informer issue with beautiful lighting - in my opinion.

Omni

Why does the radar show two red spots behind the Chief, and none in front where the Covenant are?

It's a hologram.

Reticle isn't red either. #mindblown

but really... I dunno. Suppose they aren't moving for some reason

PnCIa

Look, its Halo 4 HD! And i thought we got that last year.
Maybe it will deliver on the IQ front though, that would be a change.

Computer

I would assume that there will be massive war levels with huge sky boxes. That may be a reason the visuals are not that great. Witch is a good reason. I saw a campaign photo of locke in an outside environment and it looked much better.

Evo X

This will look far better when you're playing it.

Hell, Bloodborne looks like shit in screenshots I've seen posted here, but amazing on my TV.

I would assume that there will be massive war levels with huge sky boxes. That may be a reason the visuals are not that great. Witch is a good reason. I saw a campaign photo of locke in an outside environment and it looked much better.

Is that in the GI digital article?

Bsigg12

Spoiler, it will look better than Halo 4.

God damn, how stupid can we get people?

It's gaming side and pre-E3 week, I doubt we've scratched the surface.

Anyways, I really hope this new multiplayer mode is something massive. All signs seem to be pointing to that so that's exciting.

Top Bottom