• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 - Game Informer details

Computer

I have a feeling they will show ether a new fire fight or spartan ops at E3. Maybe both. They have to have one or the other in order to top the previous games. If so Halo 5 will have a huge amount of content.

Compsiox

Banned
All UNSC ships are Foward Until Dawn CONFIRMED!

Won't judge yet but looks exactly like Halo 4 opening in some shots.

Leyasu

Banned
343 will make the graphics as best as they can.... Its the fucking dogshit xbone which is the problem.

Jesus its a fucking donkey! What the hell where they thinking??

343 will make the graphics as best as they can.... Its the fucking dogshit xbone which is the problem.

LOL

60fps > Eye candy

Seems like certain devs on MS and Nintendo first party studios get this.

So... Am I the only one who wishes the inclusion of Blue Team were hidden until the e3 trailer? I felt like they were given a weak introduction in the recent comics, and now we were just casually told they'd be playing a huge role in Halo 5, from out of nowhere...

My face would have literallt melted Monday, if this were their huge surprise.

I think it's safe to assume they have an enormous multiplayer announcement up their sleeve. Something absolutely unfathomable in the Halo universe.

But.. what... huh?

I'll agree the inclusion in Escalation was so-so at best, it was still fun to see them pop up again, but that seemingly had no bearing on Halo 5 at the time, other than to fuel 'fanboy' ideas of 'getting the entirety of BLUE TEAM on screen at the same time' (Like THAT will ever happen..)

We didn't get our first real clue about Blue Team actually being involved until the cover reveal (last month? April? I can't remember). But that was well done I felt, as it was slowly pieced together and we didn't know if it WAS Blue Team right away.. took a while before we were sure. I thought that was amazing, and well thought out.

This preview just gives us even more information that you're with a squad most of the game as opposed to them just popping in and out between missions.

I also agree holding this info for an E3 reveal would have also been cool, but I'll wait to see if I'm still not 'wowed' by their presentation until.. after the presentation.

I'm down with all of these honestly, the squad mechanics have me really interested. I know it isn't "Halo", but doing something new seems like it might be fun.

Leyasu

Banned
LOL

60fps > Eye candy

Seems like certain devs on MS and Nintendo first party studios get this.

;-)

I do agree, but to all the people who are saying that it looks like halo 4, it probably does because the xbone can't push anymore.

The xbone is my only current gen console by the way.

Prine

Banned

lol, while i do think it still capable (FH2, Ryse, SS:O look great), i know what your saying. I blame Don for the bone headed moves that almost destroyed the brand. While Phil was high up theres not much he can do to change these things if he disapproved, Don must of been getting all sorts of metrics and Patcher like forecasts.

Anyway, i do enjoy it and theres a bunch of games coming that will make peoples jaw drop. Hope they learn for the next xbox.

Lingitiz

I honestly don't care if it looks like a barely improved Halo 4. What I'm really curious about is the size of the sandbox areas considered they reigned it in dramatically for the last game because of the hardware. I expect this to have much larger environments.

Also, 60 FPS will be very nice.

Leyasu

Banned
lol, while i do think it still capable (FH2, Ryse, SS:O look great), i know what your saying. I blame Don for the bone headed moves that almost destroyed the brand. While Phil was high up theres not much he can do to change these things if he disapproved, Don must of been getting all sorts of metrics and Patcher like forecasts.

Anyway, i do enjoy it and theres a bunch of games coming that will make peoples jaw drop. Hope they learn for the next xbox.

Those games you mentioned do look nice.

But is anyone else thinking that they have gone 1080/60, with a game only slightly prettier than 4? I suppose we'll find out Monday.

Lingitiz

But is anyone else thinking that they have gone 1080/60, with a game only slightly prettier than 4? I suppose we'll find out Monday.

I wouldn't be surprised with that TBH. But Halo 4 was a great looking game. It was really lacking in scale and scope of environments and encounters though, which is where I expect them to improve things dramatically.

I honestly don't care if it looks like a barely improved Halo 4. What I'm really curious about is the size of the sandbox areas considered they reigned it in dramatically for the last game because of the hardware. I expect this to have much larger environments.

Also, 60 FPS will be very nice.
All of this. Exactly my take.

Sure the game has been in development for quite a while. But this is the 2nd year... I surely hope you don't expect them to hit the wall of absolute graphical power this soon for the xbox one. No console has reached that this early.

That would make me sad to see Halo 6 to look exactly like Halo 5.
It won't be Full 1080p, more so using that dynamic resolution that scales from full to something else they think is best so they can keep that 60fps Frankie mentioned.

this is them setting the stage with the Xbox one and the next installment of the Halo saga. I'll hold my personal wow expecations until Halo 6: Peasants.

Leyasu

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised with that TBH. But Halo 4 was a great looking game. It was really lacking in scale and scope of environments and encounters though, which is where I expect them to improve things dramatically.

Typing in between halo 4 sessions. Yes it does look good no question. But I honestly thought they would lower the res and up the eye candy. Perhaps the pressure is there not to go that route. Like I said, we'll see Monday.

Not concerned about the graphics, just looking forward to seeing it in action and where 343 goes with the story.

This generation, I've learned that screenshots and videos (Based Gamersyde, where would we be without you!) Just aren't up to snuff any more for game quality.

Witcher 3 didn't look terribly impressive to me. But running the game ... *mops brow*

I stop and stare every 5 minutes and I'm 80+ hours in.

Ehh, why don't you make up your mind next week when you see it in action?

It's a date.

hooves.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So... Am I the only one who wishes the inclusion of Blue Team were hidden until the e3 trailer? I felt like they were given a weak introduction in the recent comics, and now we were just casually told they'd be playing a huge role in Halo 5, from out of nowhere...

95% of the people in the audience would have blinked quietly, without the slightest idea what a blue team is, and the showmanship, which is a part of you know, shows, would have been lost on almost everyone. This way you can quietly nod your approval.

Some interesting "this is tense but we don't want to shoot you" body language going on there. From Chief at least, the rest of Blue Team looks just about ready to fire :p

When you see this entire scene in October, you will understand the pose better. :)

DesertFox

I think the problem lies more in the flat lighting than the lack of motion. But I do look forward to your presser next week. I'm sure the large outdoor areas will be stunning. Just, maybe a tight corridor with flat lighting isn't the best 1st impression.

Leyasu

Banned

I can't wait.

I thought that beta looked pretty decent myself.

But like any tradesman, you can work with the tools that you are given!

Does anyone know if the Microsoft conference will be on YouTube afterwards? It starts 6.30pm my time, and at that time I will be playing with my kids. So I want to watch it when they are in bed.

Raven77

Wait did I miss something or did they confirm 4 player online coop? I mean it's a squad of 4, seems like a huge missed opportunity if it isn't in there.

Also, the game looks amazing. Dripping with atmosphere!

Gestault

Wait did I miss something or did they confirm 4 player online coop? I mean it's a squad of 4, seems like a huge missed opportunity if it isn't in there.

Also, the game looks amazing. Dripping with atmosphere!

4-player online campaign co-op is confirmed. The game design is built so that you'll have 3 AI teammates with you in normal campaign play, and you can direct them to targets/vehicles/etc.

95% of the people in the audience would have blinked quietly, without the slightest idea what a blue team is, and the showmanship, which is a part of you know, shows, would have been lost on almost everyone. This way you can quietly nod your approval.

When you see this entire scene in October, you will understand the pose better. :)

Very true. I'll await the e3 trailer and be wowed nonetheless!

In b4 Arbiter has his own squad, making for a total of 12 playable characters.

Quote me on Monday!

I would be happy with a slight improved Halo 4 engine running at 60 fps. Halo 4 remastered is one of the better looking next Gen games I've played.

Raven77

4-player online campaign co-op is confirmed. The game design is built so that you'll have 3 AI teammates with you in normal campaign play, and you can direct them to targets/vehicles/etc.

Sweet like candy. That is going to be so damn fun.

Stinkles will we ever hear of Jerome, Douglas, and Alice again? They've been MIA for a good 30+ years now.

When Halo 4 was first announced, I was hyped by the thought that they too got sucked into Requiem with MC, and they would form a squad to escape, etc.

Sadly, my fantasies were dashed, but I still hope 343 finds a way to get the SoF SIIs back into the fight.

Right...yet 3rd party games are 99.9999999% the same and Ryse is still one of the best looking console games. The Order is the best, but come on...ain't that bad

Kalentan

Wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but do you believe that Blue Team came from Escalation? Cause they're from all the way back to the Fall of Reach novel. Unless your talking about their sort of re-introduction?

Top Bottom