• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta Thread | Hot Red on Blue Action

leng jai

It's still greyed out in the MCC menu for me. When I launch the actual beta it just keeps giving me an error with Halo servers. Tried hard rebooting several times.

What a dire purchase this has been..

RBK

Banned
Just to touch the Twitch discussion, I have no problems broadcasting, but like 30 seconds in, I get a error message every single time.

No idea on how to fix that.

Xamdou

Came home from work and booted up MCC to play the H5 beta, searched for a game but unable to find a match. Tried again several times and still couldn't find a match. Really 343/MS Studios? I didn't really care that much about MCC online matches not working as long as the Halo 5 beta ran smoothly which is the main reason I bought this collection.

Came home from work and booted up MCC to play the H5 beta, searched for a game but unable to find a match. Tried again several times and still couldn't find a match. Really 343/MS Studios? I didn't really care that much about MCC online matches not working as long as the Halo 5 beta ran smoothly which is the main reason I bought this collection.

It's a beta. You should expect problems

MCC and Beta matches both work fine. Fix your connection. Make sure your NAT is open. ETC ETC ETC.

Ranking system is kinda rough. I went 19-7 and got a performance decrease of -16 because some guy on my team racked up 22 deaths. That's a harsh penalty to eat.

I have also not been able to get into a single game. Just hard reset as well. This is worse then the MCC. At least I got into a couple of MCC games at luanch. I guess Halo is a single play only game now. Sigh.... Maybe they will give us Reach as a apology for Halo 5 not working. Then at least I'll have all my Halo Sp in one place. I'm getting to the point where I almost don't even want deal with MP anymore. Im so sick of being frustrated by it never working.

VinFTW

I have also not been able to get into a single game. Just hard reset as well. This is worse then the MCC. At least I got into a couple of MCC games at luanch. I guess Halo is a single play only game now. Sigh.... Maybe they will give us Reach as a apology for Halo 5 not working. Then at least I'll have all my Halo Sp in one place. I'm getting to the point where I almost don't even want deal with MP anymore. Im so sick of being frustrated by it never working.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta Thread | Hot Red on Blue Action

Septic360

Banned
Yeah the game won't start if you play with mates. Even if you've got a full lobby, it'll just stay in the lobby screen until it eventually boots you out stating a server issue

Truth, go straight for the sword via boost jump from spawn to the middle plate and double kill the enemy team, so fun.

I also go straight for SMG's because they are the best, second place is the DMR.

BraXzy

Please someone invite me to a party? I just solo queued and got put with three people who all went 1-10..

I'm not the best but I usually go at least even unless pull something special out of the hat.

AnX IReCoiLz is the GT

One of my friends played 10 games of this and un-installed it because it "felt like cod" and was "full of tryhards".
HaHa, seriously?
I would say it is closer to Destiny crossed with classic Halo, but I did not get a Cod vibe at all.
I'm actually getting frustrated because I can't use Destiny's control scheme here...it is close, but I keep trying to crouch with B, and then when I switched to Destiny, I was trying to use a booster pack with B.

been searching for an hour and haven't found a game.
Darn...IDK, I have been getting in quick most of the time.

Holy shit! You can spectate your friends??! Why aren't more people talking about this!
Seriously?? I need to try this!!

Menu music is terrible. Give me my monks plskthx.
I like it much better than 4's, but Halo MCC still has much better Menu music in my opinion.

//ARCANUM

All my money for a "mute all" option. I don't want to hear anyone else talking and it is such a pain muting all one by one.

spootime

This game is interesting when you play MCC right before and after. I really don't like how fast the TTK is. And I think that the issue is compounded by the fact that the game is so fast paced compared to previous halos. That being said, thrust is a great addition to the game that I'm having a lot of fun with.

Also nerf AR, its op.

Computer

In celebration of the Beta / CE announcements, go to your local GameStop this week / weekend and get a nice Halo 5 poster with brand new artwork

HoZq57X.jpg

My Game Stop told me you have to pre order H5 to get it.

finally got a game on empire and my first impression is that i don't like it at all. the game feels ridiculously cluttered and the combat loop is boring. perhaps that's just AR starts but it didn't feel methodical or intelligent. just running around from ledge to ledge with ARs.

it looks amazing though. i think i'll just avoid playing this map.

stay gold

Loving the game so far, the new moves make it a faster experience but it's still good ol Halo.

Not a fan of the kill cam though, it cuts away to early to see if your last ditch grenade hit anyone, and half the time the guy who killed me appears to be aiming at thin air.

Loving the game so far, the new moves make it a faster experience but it's still good ol Halo.

Not a fan of the kill cam though, it cuts away to early to see if your last ditch grenade hit anyone, and half the time the guy who killed me appears to be aiming at thin air.

Agree if the kill cam does not work 100% of the time don't even put it in the final game. Imo

Truth is a better map so it's somewhat enjoyable (which isn't saying much) but sprinting with the sword is still the dumbest shit I've seen in Halo.

seems like somebody is running around with this thing every 10 seconds.

Sephzilla

My one complaint so far is that there is no button layout that properly reflects the old Halo games.

Closest is maybe Recon, but X as sprint? Get out.

Top Bottom