• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

Deviousx

Very excited to see everything come together in the coming weeks.

I'm interested to see how the graphics have come along since the beta. Hopefully 343 made great improvements to resolution and post-AA. Frame-rate was quite solid in the beta also.

Akai__

Halo 5: Guardians voice actor says Cortana will appear in the game\
http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/20/halo-5-guardians-cortana-xbxo-one/

Not saying she will appear, but we know it's Chief searching for clues on how to get Cortana back. The very first E3 trailer said as much.

Also:

"343 suggested as much at E3 last year when it was announced that the live-action series Nightfall would tie together the events post Halo 4 and the upcoming Halo 5"

Yeah... Nightfall didn't do that at all. They introduced a coupple new characters,
killed off basically all of them
and that's about it. If you want to know, what happens between Halo 4 and Halo 5 you will have to watch the Spartan Ops cutscenes and you will have to read the Halo: Escalation comic series.

I hope they have some kind of recap video in Halo 5, where the things from the comics are summed up... Otherwise, people will again not understand many important things.

Leyasu

Banned
SERIOUSLY. So much better than in Halo 4.

I don't know, I liked halo 4s armour! When you compare it to the other games in the MCC, it is on another level. It is the god awful pastel colours that seriously let it down.

If you're reading 343, make sure dead eye armour is in please! Also, make armour and weapon skins microtransactionable (is that even a word?) And keep the god damn maps free please...

Oh yeah, hurry up, the wait is killing me

I don't know, I liked halo 4s armour! When you compare it to the other games in the MCC, it is on another level. It is the god awful pastel colours that seriously let it down.

If you're reading 343, make sure dead eye armour is in please! Also, make armour and weapon skins microtransactionable (is that even a word?) And keep the god damn maps free please...

Oh yeah, hurry up, the wait is killing me

Nah. H4 armor had some serious issues, most notably in terms of undersuit design (too shiny and textured) and armor attachment points (some of it looked like it was pasted on). H5 fixes both of those issues, and is a notable step up as such.

jelly

Nah. H4 armor had some serious issues, most notably in terms of undersuit design (too shiny and textured) and armor attachment points (some of it looked like it was pasted on). H5 fixes both of those issues, and is a notable step up as such.

Halo 4 armour is weird, sometimes it looks in proportion and fine, while other times it looks pasted on with air gaps on a skinny spartan model.

Leyasu

Banned

The undersuit is a bit weird granted, but overall, I liked halo 4s armour. I do agree on halo 5s being the tastiest though.

I really question Halsy's true motives in teaming up with the storm covanent.

She said she wants revenge, and while I don't doubt that she has a bone to pick with ONI, I think she is just telling the Diadact's hand what he wants to hear...her true loyalty lies with John, and the task the librarian gave her to elevate humanity to the next level with the forerunner artifacts.

She said she wants revenge, and while I don't doubt that she has a bone to pick with ONI, I think she is just telling the Diadact's hand what he wants to hear...her true loyalty lies with John, and the task the librarian gave her to elevate humanity to the next level with the forerunner artifacts.

Oh, absolutely. Revenge is her secondary motive, and she's totally using the Storm to her own ends.

I believe as you do. I do not see Halsey as a true traitor at all but simply telling Jul what he wants to hear to keep her safe/alive and to get her what she wants.

Halo 4's armors had some extremely high highs (Rogue), but also some extremely low lows (everything else save for maybe Recruit).

The problems started when bungie felt that halo needed 20 different helmets and armor pieces, nothing beats the original halo 1 and 2 armor design.

Honestly, my favorite armors in the franchise are probably (in no particular order):

Rogue (Halo 4)
Operator (Halo Reach)
Elite Ranger (Halo Reach)
CEA Mk V
CE Mk V
Nightfall (Halo 5 Guardians Beta)

I think there have been a handful of decent armors in every iteration. The thing I miss the most is CE's pearlescence / glossiness on everything, though.

Honestly, my favorite armors in the franchise are probably (in no particular order):

Rogue (Halo 4)
Operator (Halo Reach)
CEA Mk V
CE Mk V

I think there have been a handful of decent armors in every iteration. The thing I miss the most is CE's pearlescence / glossiness on everything, though.

Nightfall? Really?

Nightfall? Really?

The ODST armor is already pretty good, so an armor with a relatively minimal set of superfluous details (compared to the bolts, notches, lights, grooves, accents, etc. on the other beta armors) looked terrific in the H5G engine. I just hope we get more "simple" armors like that, because none of the other armors in the beta really caught my eye.

Sordid

Halo 3 Security Helmet > *

I just hope they don't make the Mk 5 helmet DLC again, what a weird decision that was.

Leyasu

Banned

Rogue (Halo 4)
Operator (Halo Reach)
CEA Mk V
CE Mk V

Dead eye (halo 4) the best armour so far for me. Agreed on the glossy bit though. I hope 343 give the armours a glossy finish in halo 5.

The ODST armor is already pretty good, so an armor with a relatively minimal set of superfluous details (compared to the bolts, notches, lights, grooves, accents, etc. on the other beta armors) looked terrific in the H5G engine. I just hope we get more "simple" armors like that, because none of the other armors in the beta really caught my eye.

Eh. The pouches threw the profile all out of wack, IMO. The helmet is nice, but the rest...

Of course it does.

Halo5_MjolnirBlue.png

Umm....

Pretty much confirmed you didn't even play the Beta... lol

Like, for real? They look nothing like that.

For having such a strong opinion on Halo 5, it doesn't surprise me.

I actually played the Halo 5 beta a ton. I thought it was pretty good. Personally Halo 4/5 armor look like action figure toys to me compared to 1-3.

h5-mp-beta-eden-bullet-sponge-2f933868832149109b87ee232284c397.jpg

It looks a ton better than Halo 4 did.

Ramirez

I think making the Spartan armor glossy like that would go a long way in helping the game's issue of not being able to see people.

Bsigg12

Cinematic trailer most likely. Recent Frankie comments make me think we won't get a release date, but maybe a tease for what'll be at E3

I'm wondering if it will be something regarding this

7LQoiff.jpg

I think making the Spartan armor glossy like that would go a long way in helping the game's issue of not being able to see people.

I was always under the impression of that's what they were going for and the shader in the beta wasn't done. I think the clear coat metal look is nice though.

Makes me feel like such a big baby but man, I really don't want to be playing as Locke for the majority of Halo 5. Didn't like the whole "see the main character from a different perspective" in MGS2 or WC5; hopefully the split between Locke and the MC isn't as bad as Shinobi suggested a while back.

singhr1

I'm wondering if it will be something regarding this

7LQoiff.jpg

I was always under the impression of that's what they were going for and the shader in the beta wasn't done. I think the clear coat metal look is nice though.

I wonder if that image is from that Steven Spielberg thing that's still on track to release before Halo 5: Guardians

jelly

I hope we get a playable sky diving Chief moment all the way to the ground. I hope BTB is kinda like that too.

That moment when Chief jumps off in Halo 4 to catch the Didact ship, thought I was going to be doing it but cut scene. More balls out free moments like that but not a QTE.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Makes me feel like such a big baby but man, I really don't want to be playing as Locke for the majority of Halo 5. Didn't like the whole "see the main character from a different perspective" in MGS2 or WC5; hopefully the split between Locke and the MC isn't as bad as Shinobi suggested a while back.

+1!

I hope we get a playable sky diving Chief moment all the way to the ground. I hope BTB is kinda like that too.

That moment when Chief jumps off in Halo 4 to catch the Didact ship, thought I was going to be doing it but cut scene. More balls out free moments like that but not a QTE.
More, more, more!

Mmm... I'm inclined to disagree. I've always enjoyed seeing the protagonist from another's viewpoint, especially when it comes to power fantasy characters like the Chief.

That said, we better get more than MGS2 offered.

ryan299

I wonder if that image is from that Steven Spielberg thing that's still on track to release before Halo 5: Guardians

I wondered that also but we've heard really nothing about that except for showtime picking it up. I haven't heard anything about casting even

Top Bottom