• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

A certain somebody who's been apart of all the Halo 5 materials up to this point seems to be missing from this series. Speculation:
Locke kills Ben

They would've had to lie to him, don't you think? It doesn't strike me as something he would do blindly. Then again, Ben is threatening the very survival of ONI, and so I could see how it could be easily rationalized that the life of one journalist isn't worth the total decimation of the ONI organization. And, for better or worse, ONI has been absolutely crucial in humanity's defense against threats of all kinds.

Probably been asked...if I've never read the books but played all the games, would this confuse me in any way? I don't know any of the characters from the books.

It won't, but having read at least Fall of Reach helps a lot when understanding the narrative, plus Fall of Reach itself is a great book.

Fantastic episode as always.

Hearing Ben talk about how
Chief took down the Assassins without breaking a sweat
invoked much fanboy joy in me. Really wish when Ben met
FERO we'd have gotten some sort of name for her but still it was awesome to see that she's no one we've met so far. Would love if it turns out to be either a marine that John has worked with in the past or something along those lines

I cannot wait to see how this ends and then watch the E3 presentation for the H5 campaign reveal. THE HYPE IS REAL

I think they don't want to attach a name to FERO and have her as the idea of freedome from ONI overmind crap. Like the reason why so many are wanting to bring down ONI. perhaps like a flag, someone everyone will want to stand behind. No need for a name, Just FERO.

;) jk idk what im talking about im just hype speculating everything majestic! LOL

So is there just one more episode of Hunt the Truth?

If you haven’t tuned in yet, it’s not too late. Stay tuned to #HuntTheTruth and Xbox Wire for even more “Halo 5: Guardians” reveals, and head over to huntthetruth.tumblr.com to catch up on the first eight episodes. New episodes release every Sunday, with more twists and turns in store right up until the two-part season finale on June 14.
http://news.xbox.com/2015/05/games-hunt-the-truth-podcast-episode-8

Season finale, not series finale?

Oh snap. I totattly didn't catch that part!

Would be awesome to have this continued right before the game releases. Wonder if they will change the format. Audio only or will it move into a animated/video/comic style? .. idk i kinda like the audio style. My imagination goes while when he desribes his surroundings. WRITING IS SO DAMN GOOD TO ME!

diaspora

Would prefer if it stuck with the radio-drama format personally. Wouldn't mind seeing this copied by other series too, like Mass Effect, but it would depend on who's writing it- somebody else might get it wrong.

Would prefer if it stuck with the radio-drama format personally. Wouldn't mind seeing this copied by other series too, like Mass Effect, but it would depend on who's writing it- somebody else might get it wrong.

Actually, I don't think Mass Effect could pull this off due to how fundamentally different Halo is from it.

Was this the first episode to end on a relatively positive note? It sure felt that way. Great episode though. I can't belive Ben is voiced by that silly comedian I used to mock for his cringy acting skills on TV.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
They would've had to lie to him, don't you think? It doesn't strike me as something he would do blindly. Then again, Ben is threatening the very survival of ONI, and so I could see how it could be easily rationalized that the life of one journalist isn't worth the total decimation of the ONI organization. And, for better or worse, ONI has been absolutely crucial in humanity's defense against threats of all kinds.
Soldiers kill innocent people all the time.

Soldiers kill innocent people all the time.

I mean, they could easily play it any number of ways.. he has the potential to expose X, Y and Z, potentially exposing ONI agents, or causing more riots and killing innocents.. etc. He's gotten himself in very deep, I wonder if he even thought about the repercussions?

But really, how do you take down something like ONI without causing massive fallout? Do you settle for a figurehead removal? Some lip service? How damaging would it be to the UNSC if ONI was just *poof* shut down the next day?

Bsigg12

I'm still hoping they really expand on Spartan Ops and make it where we're taking missions off the war table in the Infinity and then flying out with a squad. I understand why it was so scripted in 4, but if they took it in the route of something like Warframe, that could be really cool.

krang

SpOps was kinda the replacement for Firefight in Halo 4. Given the choice, I'd take the latter a million times over.

That said, more SpOps as well would certainly not go amiss.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I'm still hoping they really expand on Spartan Ops and make it where we're taking missions off the war table in the Infinity and then flying out with a squad. I understand why it was so scripted in 4, but if they took it in the route of something like Warframe, that could be really cool.

Ben Ops.

ODST 2 coming 2016, you go back and fourth playing as Ben and an ODST squad. Ben fighting for the truth of the Chief and the ODST squad fights in anger against the Chief after he is framed by ONI.

Bsigg12

Is it sad, that I find Ben the most fascinating character in the Haloverse than even some of the veterans that have been around for a decade+?

No because he's easily one of the best written characters they've had. Also Keegan Michael Key has given the character so much life.

Is it sad, that I find Ben the most fascinating character in the Haloverse than even some of the veterans that have been around for a decade+?

No because he's easily one of the best written characters they've had. Also Keegan Michael Key has given the character so much life.

He's also probably been given the most dedicated 'screen time' of any character in the Halo universe. Even more than the Master Chief if you remove all the parts of the game where he's not actually saying or conversing with someone.

We're at roughly 185 minutes of content at this point. Assuming the 'Double Episode' next week is two 20 minute episodes, we can tact on another 40 minutes.

So lets say, 225 minutes of audio content. Ben wasn't speaking for ALL of it, sound effects, other narration, Jacob Walker Hog ad, etc, but he's been directly connected the whole time. That's like.. Lord of the Rings-length content.

I would like to hope that much time spent building up this character and his place in the world isn't all for naught.. they shouldn't waste it all for some cheap Jameson Locke kill-reveal..

This last episode talked more about FERO's plans, the larger goal, etc. I have to imagine Ben will join with whomever 'they' are, and could make good fictional sense why 117 maybe meets up with him along the way.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm catching up now and why did I not start this sooner? This is some of the best story telling involving video games (in outside media) that I've heard. Granted, that's not really a high bar to beat, but it's still really good regardless. It's making Halo 5 really even more interesting as well because...

*Hunt the Truth spoilers*

It looks like ONI may be the main threat in Halo 5.

He's also probably been given the most dedicated 'screen time' of any character in the Halo universe. Even more than the Master Chief if you remove all the parts of the game where he's not actually saying or conversing with someone.

We're at roughly 185 minutes of content at this point. Assuming the 'Double Episode' next week is two 20 minute episodes, we can tact on another 40 minutes.

So lets say, 225 minutes of audio content. Ben wasn't speaking for ALL of it, sound effects, other narration, Jacob Walker Hog ad, etc, but he's been directly connected the whole time. That's like.. Lord of the Rings-length content.

I would like to hope that much time spent building up this character and his place in the world isn't all for naught.. they shouldn't waste it all for some cheap Jameson Locke kill-reveal..

This last episode talked more about FERO's plans, the larger goal, etc. I have to imagine Ben will join with whomever 'they' are, and could make good fictional sense why 117 maybe meets up with him along the way.

Here's a twist: Ben is Master Chief's last surviving family member. He's *drum roll* the Chief's second cousin on his mother's side. :)

Here's a twist: Ben is Master Chief's last surviving family member. He's *drum roll* the Chief's second cousin on his mother's side. :)

1-Spaceballs-quotes.gif

Calling it: Halo TV Show is about Blue Team and their escapades. It'll be like the Halo version of the A-Team.

edit: Complete with the original A-Team theme remixed by Marty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM

Wouldn't they be the B(lue)-Team?!

ryan299

I don't think we're getting the tv show this year. We would have heard of casting, got sets pics and leaked info if it was in production or close to going to it. I'm fine with that though, I would like them to take their time and get it right cuz nightfall was bad.

Hunt the truth continues to be amazing.

I don't think we're getting the tv show this year. We would have heard of casting, got sets pics and leaked info if it was in production or close to going to it. I'm fine with that though, I would like them to take their time and get it right cuz nightfall was bad.

Hunt the truth continues to be amazing.

Yeah, it is downright impossible to keep film projects secret. You can keep the plot of a film project secret, but casting, location film, etc is always out there.

*Hunt the Truth spoilers*

It looks like ONI may be the main threat in Halo 5.
[/QUOTE]

Halo 4 sp is built like Halo CE: you wake up, first level you fight of a ship. Level 2, you discover a new world. Half way into the game (although a tad sonner in H4) you fight an new enemy and so on. You can make a lot of comparisons.

As for H5, it will be built like Halo 2. You will play two perspectives (Chief and Lock) where in, for chief, you need to fight the unexpected threath:
Oni (Humans...

Edit: I screwed un my quote editing and I'm on my phone...

OEM

so we expecting season 2 of this guys? leading up to the launch of Halo 5 in Oct seems like a good idea.

so we expecting season 2 of this guys? leading up to the launch of Halo 5 in Oct seems like a good idea.

If you guys had a choice between a second season of Hunt the Truth that leads up to the release of Halo 5, or a pre-release single player campaign demo of whatever they show during their press event, which would you guys prefer to have?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
If you guys had a choice between a second season of Hunt the Truth that leads up to the release of Halo 5, or a pre-release single player campaign demo of whatever they show during their press event, which would you guys prefer to have?

Hutthetruth series, no brainier. I dont want SP demo. I want play the entire campaign in one sitting on launch day. And we gonna get to play the campaign with or without the demo in Oct. So why not just get more of these audio goodness.

Hutthetruth series, no brainier. I dont want SP demo. I want play the entire campaign in one sitting on launch day. And we gonna get to play the campaign with or without the demo in Oct. So why not just get more of these audio goodness.

Very good answer. I would say the same, but I have a strange feeling we'll be getting BOTH. :)

Deadly

I wouldn't be so confident for a season 2. Spartan Ops was touted as Season 1 and we never got anything else after.

Top Bottom