• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

Ominym

Banned
Gotta love 343i's ability to convey subtlety. "Bullet: Look for The Details".

Thanks 343i, I was too busy drooling on my keyboard to understand what an ARG was. I hope they know the people who are too lazy to scour footage will just wait for someone else to do it and read the reports.

Mesonak

Well, I certainly applaud them for doing an ARG, but I'm still a little let down. Mainly by the "weekly" bit. Give us everything at once and have people hunt for it or something. Don't make us wait. :/

Glass

That warranted a dramatic countdown timer....really?

Exactly. People saying we shouldn't have gotten hyped over this... thats exactly what a countdown does.

If this had just been released with no warning, it would have been cool. But behind a three day countdown with a teaser video? How does that not set expectations sky rocketing?

Edit: Maybe I'm speaking too early though and the ARG is now in full swing with clues taking us to a trailer or something.

I always get bummed out reading people getting disappointed by things that I think are cool. I'm way into this.

People get way too upset over ARGs, and transmedia storytelling, when if they actually gave them a chance, they might discover that a lot of that stuff is entirely awesome.

I am with you - I after listening to the Soundcloud, I think this is actually cool. I think it will lead up to something interesting, it already is to me at least.

So glad I decided to not hype myself up for Halo anymore.

Not even once after 343i's amazing track record. lmao
Same here. I though MCC was going to make me buy an XBO and it failed at that. I'm cautiously optimistic about Halo 5 but so far I have zero hype.

Then again, it is too soon to get hyped. I expect Microsoft's Marketing Machine to kick into full gear a few months before release. Then we'll see.

BraXzy

Companies using Tumblr for ARG's is clever since you can't find anything hidden in the damn site! xD

Damn you and your drafted posts!

I am with you - I after listening to the Soundcloud, I think this is actually cool. I think it will lead up to something interesting, it already is to me at least.

What's amusing is that Gaf convinced itself that they were going to get a cinematic or a new trailer from absolutely no evidence of such things being a possible reveal today. This had ARG written all over it from day one.

What's up with the music in the recording?

Also, it's interesting that "son" is on the list; we've never had any sort of contact with the Chief's family, even in the books.

So I don't think I'm familiar enough with ARG to contribute but I would want to be along for the ride with those who plan to discover everything, where can I find the people who will be doing this haha

Bsigg12

I like where this is going. Was hoping for a trailer or such but oh well. Still excited to see where this goes going forward.

Nibel

First I thought Halo 5 was about shooting things and Alien stuff

But turns out.. actually it's about ethics in investigative Spartan journalism

GonReHz.jpg

I always get bummed out reading people getting disappointed by things that I think are cool. I'm way into this.

People get way too upset over ARGs, and transmedia storytelling, when if they actually gave them a chance, they might discover that a lot of that stuff is entirely awesome.
I think most here would agree these types of marketing are welcome, but the dissatisfaction isn't from that, it's that putting a 3 day countdown sets expectations higher. This is just something they could have rolled out tomorrow morning without a 72 hour lead up.

gAg CruSh3r

funny-gif-hardcore-workout-hula-hoop.gif

It's not as big as I wanted it to be but then again it never was going to be in the first place. I like it though.

Me too. I feel like everyone is expecting a dump full of information right now. I figured it won't be as big as we were hoping. This is a start of something awesome. Also at least they are starting there campaign of information leading up to Halo 5 now!

Detective

Let me get this straight - as someone whose played the entirety of the Master Chief Collection.

The already awful, disjointed, and nonsensical story of the Halo universe is being fleshed out through a series of viral "reports"? Yeap. Wake me up when gameplay footage arrives. 343 - that was poor form. POOR form.

Also that bullet shot at Master Chief reminds me of a Killzone 2 commercial. Is this real life?
I just can't believe you just compared that with KZ commercial. Also Halo and killzone? Is this real life?

RoKKeR

The audio file is actually pretty cool but I can't help but be a little bit disappointed.

Some new art:

Wouldn't be surprised if the box art ended up looking something like this. They've been all about the Locke/Chief thing so far.

Agreed. I actually love this kind of stuff. We knew from the beginning this was going to be an ARG, people shouldn't have hyped themselves up for Gameplay so much.

thuway

Google, Halo 5 beta.

This is the last I'll say about my opinion on this. I was HYPED because I thought this was an epic single player campaign trailer with mind blowing visuals that would tease into E3. My hopes were up, and the trailer reminded me of a Killzone 2 commercial that has been posted already. That's all.

Carry on ya'll :).

Top Bottom