• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

Noobcraft

First locked thread ever. Shouldn't have jumped the gun. I just got excited. Sorry for my stupidity.
The one sprint had a countdown clock that indicated that the game may launch in 382 days. That would put it at November 10th 2015 but there are lots of assumptions being made (when it was filmed, what the number means, etc). September launch doesn't seem unreasonable.

Madness

Had a feeling it would be September. Not only because the game is probably going to be finished long before that, but also, this is the year Battlefront will come in the holiday. Halo can compete against Call of Duty, but throwing a hyped Star Wars game into the mix, you're bound to lose a few people, especially as it'll be around the time Force Awakens is about to release. September makes sense as it'll have very little shooter competition no?

If it does come out in September, then myself and plenty of others were correct (there were plenty of signs pointing to it). It would also be close to my birthday, the wait is killing me after the Beta :).

DesertFox

I wasn't the biggest fan of Halo 4 for many reasons, but damnit if I'm not excited for Halo 5...
nIyT189.gif

Welfare

If one was coming, it would have made sense to announce it with the new console bundle i'd have thought?

They would probably announce it at E3. Closed beta for those that pre ordered in August, then open the beta to everyone, then release in September.

Basically like Destiny.

They would probably announce it at E3. Closed beta for those that pre ordered in August, then open the beta to everyone, then release in September.

Basically like Destiny.

Well, I was assuming they would do another beta that could actually be of use to them in the development process rather than just a glorified demo. I don't really see them doing the latter

renjworks

Neo Member
1. Masterchef as playable character on Playstation All Stars #2
2. Halo Guardians now PS4 exclusive

calling it now!

#traitor

1. Masterchef as playable character on Playstation All Stars #2
2. Halo Guardians now PS4 exclusive

calling it now!

#traitor

Want to do a ban bet? :p

Or perhaps you could find a bookmaker that will let you do it? I think you'd make an absolute fortune with that lot if it came in. You could probably buy 343 Industries from MS with it.

Odah

Banned
Who is this MC we're talking about? Is he some kind of rapper who just calls himself MC like MC Hammer or what.

Oh god, please no. That would only mean they are setting up his inevitable demise

Chief has a ways to go yet, before they'd consider killing him off. The Reclaimer Saga is a journey, and there's a plan in place for MC to help lead humanity into their next stage of galactic evolution as Caretakers of the Mantle and all that exists. Humanity is clearly not there yet, and MC has a lot left to learn and discover about the role predestined for him, the geas that is rumored to be seeded within him, and I'm still thinking that he's partly on a mission to resurrect Cortana in some fashion. Just my two cents.

traitor prob hals

I'm thinking the same. I want to see more of Osman getting into the action. I loved the dichotomy between her and Halsey in the Kilo Five trilogy... Want more!

Welfare

that pastebin (regarding campaign) said many things I find too ambitious.
is there any confirmation or even indication of any of those details actually being true?

Here's the multiplayer portion of that leak.

Split between two categories.
Halo Wararena ist basically Halo 2 reloaded. No loadouts, no armor abilites and perks.
Player Count 8-16, game types are Slayer, CTF(yes classic Halo CTF ;) ), King of the Hill, Assault, Oddball....
Static weapon spawns, more weapons on map which means more ammo, weapons wont respawn as quick as in Halo 4
The seconds multiplayer categorie is titles Halo Battlefield (not final name obviously).
Those are basically really big teams battles like 32-64. Gameplay is more inline with Invasion from Halo Reach.
Custom Loadouts, "armor abilites" (more like class abilites), Vehicles, Infinity like call ins

Until we see BTB, this might actually pan out.

Halo War arena is basically Arena from Halo 5. I think the beta had static spawners.

From what we have heard, BTB seems to be getting something new and at least bigger according to Kamp, and I'm not past 343 adding loadouts and shit into the game because they have to fuck something up.

Top Bottom