• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

TCKaos

Anyone playing Mythic Shotty Snipers? Turns out I have Rain Man skills at that mode. Am thinking of therefore lobbying to have it made permanent and ranked. And replace whatever you like instead.

We need those snipe medals for the company so it's all good.

Karl2177

I just want to know when we will hear more about the Windows 10 Forge. They just dropped it one day and said you'll hear about it later. Well, how much later?

You will enjoy improved fidelity in custom games in the PC version of Forge. For free.

Definitely, but it'd be nice to have the whole multiplayer suite at a higher fidelity. Look at Spartans from medium range in warzone, the colors are washed out and the designs on the armor become jagged. I just think it stinks Halo 5 was limited due to mediocre hardware. The game looks good most of the time, but there are some rough spots.

You guys must be hard at work for a lot of stuff this year and next.

So how's that Halo 5 single player expansion coming along? ;)

#PonchoChief

Had some good games this afternoon and a couple bad ones. Overall I'll take it. Got a few first strike medals too. The elite controller is feeling better and better. Only issue normally is when trying to crouch walk and I accidentally thrust by pressing the left paddle :p

TCKaos

If you were pro you'd have physics'ed off the Hog just before it landed.

Generally we cap on foot because most of the times that we involve a warthog it leads to drunkenly driving off of the map or a poorly-timed Chinese fire drill. Or a poorly-timed drunken Chinese fire drill.

JaggedSac

Not sure what you mean in terms of that phrasing, because it's weird phrasing, but on the 5th of June we had many hundreds of thousands of players. Unless there's a REALLY big team battle mode I am unaware of.

That is good to hear.

Unrelated note, the mythic sniper shotty hopper is pretty fun.

Loomba

Just came back and won from being 42-48 down. FeelsGoodMan

Although to be fair, we were up 12-1 so it shouldn't have been that close anyway.

blamite

what'll come first, Halo 5 on PC or that Master Chief Collection postmortem?
the answer is none of them, ever.
public population numbers as a third bonus option

Stinkles has arisen from the shadows!
Soon after E3. We Halo Wars 2, baby.
Ahh man, I love Halo Wars and I luh u. Please make sure this game is great! Hopefully we can search for 3v3's as a party of 2 as that was one of the biggest disappointments with the first one. Party matching should make this possible, no?

Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, Zelda, Titanfall 2 and Yooka-Laylee are my most anticipated E3 titles. The YL trailer looked awesome, so I'm hoping for similar feelz for the others. I'm so excited lol, anything in particular you're looking forward to?

If it says we had 12000 players in one day, then yes, but I don't think they make any such claim. We won't share numbers but Halo 5 is in the hundreds of thousands unique, daily.
Great news. But if true can you explain why it seems so likely to rematch against players/teams even if you back out of lobby? The amount of times it happens doesn't seem like a coincidence.

Zeta Oni

Know this is a given at this point, but this games movement system is amazing. Every Halo with spartans going forward should have this level of mobility:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

belushy

Banned
Exactly, I wrote a fairly lengthy post on it on Beyond.

The sniper is especially interesting. On PC it would be just as easy to use as the pistol, how do you balance something like that? Any decent player who picks up a sniper is basically guaranteed to go on a killing frenzy.

The number of reversals would be drastically reduced because the stafe speed is too slow related to how easy it would be to shoot on PC.

There's a bunch of thing swhich would be very different.

Well we are gonna find out when the forge thing releases

Correct me if I'm wrong but Halo Tracker only tracks GTs that have been typed in. I recall it doesn't gather data on its own. I doubt 343 would not disclose population to only allow and API series of calls to do that work and expose it easily.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Great news. But if true can you explain why it seems so likely to rematch against players/teams even if you back out of lobby? The amount of times it happens doesn't seem like a coincidence.

Because now you're looking for games that are available with good connections and properly matched teams. And guess what you just left needing a new player? If you wait 30 seconds it won't happen.

Because now you're looking for games that are available with good connections and properly matched teams. And guess what you just left needing a new player? If you wait 30 seconds it won't happen.
But it happens with bad connections and matches that are blowouts just as often. I play with "focused" alone and when I'm party lead, but very often we'll continually match the same mismatched/laggy teams all night, even during peak hours US. Not to mention, more often than not, solo searching matches you with folks that apparently don't have thumbs. I mean, we might as well just use Reach's social search settings most games. Why would our war zone lobby where everyone is 100+ match with entire teams of folks that haven't made it to lvl 50? Surely among the hundreds of thousands of people playing, there's a better match. Maybe take a minute to ensure a fair match? I'd be willing.

This is doubly true for ranked arena matches too. Why would golds ever be in the same game as onyx/champ folks unless they're in the same lobby?

I think the 'best connection' parameter is a very low priority when searching with focused.

Plz have the networking team take a look at this..plz?

hundreds of thousands of uniques daily is hard to believe. Not calling you a liar frank but it just doesn't add up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh well, e3 HYPE.

Welfare

Remember that UU is just someone logging in once during the day. The amount on at the same is going to be drastically lower.

The lead cinematic storyboard artist from 343 will be attending the Las Vegas comic con that I'll be attending very soon. I'm excited. I've never been to a huge convention like this before.

Top Bottom