• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

EZ win

ur bad at Halo

giphy.gif

Now, I could be wrong. It could be an MCC-esque "If we remove this notification the entire build comes crashing down around us and we have no way to disable it," but it doesn't appear to be that, which gives me hope that eventually they'll get fixed, but every build I'm left slightly disappointed.

It's kind of sad that this stuff hasn't been addressed. It always feels like nick picking, but like I have stated elsewhere, when a game has enough "small" things that irk you, it significantly alters the experience for you. For me, Halo 5's core design bugged me enough to get me burnt out on it. I realized that I was playing it because I spent hard earned cash on it, not because I enjoyed it and had a lot of fun.

HaloGaf was the only reason why I had fun. You guys are all hilarious and are a pleasure to play with.

Any of you going to play customs on PC when it comes out?

jg4xchamp

Would anyone be bothered if they toned down the assault rifles? I like that the AR is t useless as fuck like it used to be, but sometimes the assault rifle can be a bit much. Actually strafing out of getting shot by that thing feels like work. In comparison you can strafe n dance out of pistol n br shots.

jg4xchamp

So the best Halo's for BTB.

Halo CE
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo 5

Didn't think anything could get worse then Halo 4 but 343 was able to do it.
Halo 2 BTB>>>>>>any of the other halos any day of the week. And I was quite fond of death island matches on Halo PC

So the best Halo's for BTB.

Halo CE
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo 5

Didn't think anything could get worse then Halo 4 but 343 was able to do it.

Yes it’s the worst in the franchise, which is sad because BTB has always been my favorite playlist. It’s quite obvious they put most of their resources into WZ and were banking off that. I mean we never even got any dev BTB maps. What they could do to actually fix BTB:

Pistols starts, I don’t know how many times this has to be said, but I’m going to keep beating this dead horse.

More vehicles, the amount of vehicles on these maps are pathetic. You might as well not even have them, plus they just get melted by BR starts anyways.

Fixing some of the obvious issues some of the maps have (Antifreeze anyone.)

Since there are no dev maps being made. Add more community forge maps. It’s not like they don’t have any to choose from. There are more than enough great community maps out there.

More modes for BTB.

Even just a few of those changes would make me happy.

Have they not included more BTB maps since Christmas of last year? The fact that you guys are complaining about Antifreeze still is upsetting.

Gaming side halo threads really are infuriating to read. Halo 5 slaps the shit out of everything else in at least the past 10 years. I'll also never understand the people that base their opinions of the games solely on the campaigns. FPS single player is such captivating stuff...Yeah I know many of you are super into the story, whatever. I'm content playing a halo game that actually feels good, shooting random players in the face. That's what keeps me coming back. I don't have to actively fight the game's mechanics while playing. All the weapons finally have purposes and are worth picking up. AR starts are actually a good thing since the pistol is finally competent. Halo.

Magwik

Banned
I learned earlier today that moving between Halo 5 on XB1 to Overwatch on PC makes me very very bad at Halo. >.>
Note to self: stay out of arena

HiiiLife

New to the game. I'm old and out of touch with this series I think. I just can't keep up with the sprinting and dashing that goes on. Feels like the radar is useless because Spartans move so fast off it. Finding myself zooming instead of lobbing grenades too lol.

Same exact problem I had with CoD iterations lately. Can't adapt to all the new additions.

Have they not included more BTB maps since Christmas of last year? The fact that you guys are complaining about Antifreeze still is upsetting.

More btb maps have been added but I guess it's easier to ask than look it up or play it. Antifreeze just isn't a good map and every time we play the map it's hardly ever a good time.

On another note with halo five and everybody stating all their problems with it and for the most part I agree but that doesn't mean the game is bad. I think it's an amazing game and the only fps I can play on a seriously for a good time without getting bored of it. Even with all it's flaws and problems I have with it I still love it. It's the halo I've put the most time and bitch about the most because it's one of my favorites. Just hate the people who blindly shit on it more than they need to because it's not their cup of tea or because it's not bungie.

Edit: I don't mean people on here think the game is bad when they say their problems but instead they are passionate about the game and critique it because they care and enjoy the game.

Cranster

Banned
In regards to the critcisms of Halo 4 and Halo 5 some of them are very valid. The art style is the biggest one imo. 343i makes very porr use of colour where in Bungie's Halo game's colours seemed very clear and were contrasted properly. I won't get into the unneeded redesigns of things like Jackals, dropships, ect.

Overall though 343i has a great foundation with the Halo 5 engine and gameplay, now they need to optimize it and insure all gametypes and modes are ready at launch for Halo 6, no more of this delay them as DLC crap. In addition while I understand the criticism is pretty vocal on Halo 5's story, they need to stay the course on the story, Halo 5 kind of feels disconnected from Halo 4 in the sense that the main villain from Halo 4 was only briefly mentioned and never made an appearance. I don't want them to to repeat it again otherwise what is the point? Just for the love of god start properly explaining things in the prologue, in cinematic's or just add an in-game codex so everyone can make better sense of what is going on if you still insist on throwing in stuff from the Forerunner Trilogy or other expanded fiction.

jem0208

In regards to the critcisms of Halo 4 and Halo 5 some of them are very valid. The art style is the biggest one imo. 343i makes very porr use of colour where in Bungie's Halo game's colours seemed very clear and were contrasted properly. I won't get into the unneeded redesigns of things like Jackals, dropships, ect.

Overall though 343i has a great foundation with the Halo 5 engine and gameplay, now they need to optimize it and insure all gametypes and modes are ready at launch for Halo 6, no more of this delay them as DLC crap. In addition while I understand the criticism is pretty vocal on Halo 5's story, they need to stay the course on the story, Halo 5 kind of feels disconnected from Halo 4 in the sense that the main villain from Halo 4 was only briefly mentioned and never made an appearance. I don't want them to to repeat it again otherwise what is the point?
Art style is entirely subjective though.

Lots of people don’t like how 343 tends to use one colour palette in each area of the game but I think it looks great. I’m not sure why but I feel like it adds to the atmosphere.

EDIT: I understand that this comes off as "343 IS A BUNCH OF LAZY HACKS AND THEY RUINED HALO AND EVERYTHING IS BAD" but this stuff just kind of grinds on you after like a thousand games. The frustrating thing is that fixing them seems simple enough that it feels as though leaving them unfixed implies either apathy or inability, neither of which are desirable.

It doesn't sell REQ packs. I want every single change you listed, but half of them would solve problems that have existed since the game's launch. If they were going to be addressed, 343i would've discussed them by now.

If pistol starts in BTB had been added a month after launch, or the Arena spawns had been fixed, I'm sure my friends would've stuck around in time to play when Firefight launched. When Firefight launched, and they gave the game another shot, they quit within a week. Why? Simple: the AI is enormously overpowered and can kill players in seconds while eating up absurd amounts of ammunition, and the spawns are still broken as hell. Not to mention having to sit out for 15+ seconds every time you get a shitty spawn of are caught off-guard by a few jackals is the exact opposite of a fun and fair experience.

And don't even get me started on Arena matchmaking. If you want to solo queue, you're essentially committing to a loss.

Dat unintentional self-burn

-_-

More btb maps have been added but I guess it's easier to ask than look it up or play it. Antifreeze just isn't a good map and every time we play the map it's hardly ever a good time.

I don't own the game anymore. lol sorry =/

Bitch please; I think we both know how this will go down.
With my crying in a corner because you destroyed my ass

I forgot you never experienced halo 2 online. I feel bad now for dragging you into Lockout and Midship free for alls lol <3

You getting Modern Warfare on Xbox or PS4 (if at all)?

Akai__

Gosu.

Btw, Yesterday I was backing out after the game finished and I ended up played the same map 4 times in a row. It never happen when I dont leave..

There reallyshould be a system that disables previously played maps for like 2 or 3 games. You'd have at least some guaranteed variety.

Why don't we make a 1v1 HaloGAF tournament?

We tried that a coupple times and it's very hard to schedule, due to different time zones and working schedules. The result was some matches were never completed.

But we can still try again, I'd probably be in, depending on what we are playing in 1vs1's. Feel like there are not many maps that are suited for a 1vs1 tournament, so we would need to search for a coupple good ones.

There reallyshould be a system that disables previously played maps for like 2 or 3 games. You'd have at least some guaranteed variety.

We tried that a coupple times and it's very hard to schedule, due to different time zones and working schedules. The result was some matches were never completed.

But we can still try again, I'd probably be in, depending on what we are playing in 1vs1's. Feel like there are not many maps that are suited for a 1vs1 tournament, so we would need to search for a coupple good ones.

We can always count on H5 Forge for previous maps like Guardian or Lockout for example, I would even stream the whole tournanent in sexy 1080p60fps

You wanna get pwnd NUB!?

You want too see how a Halo veteran plays right? bring it on! :p

IHaveIce

Banned
It does indeed help, cuz most Halo fans that disagree with other Halo fans are often massive assholes for seemingly no reason. No problem though.
You talking to a mirror or what fahz?

No gaming side threads active where you can copy paste your dislike over and over again?

We can always count on H5 Forge for previous maps like Guardian or Lockout for example, I would even stream the whole tournanent in sexy 1080p60fps

You want too see how a Halo veteran plays right? bring it on! :p

Did you forget my HALO 2 MP Convos we had during OT 1? I AM LEGEND
TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL T_T
4328474c539cd69a66632c750c1d20d1.jpg

IHaveIce

Banned
I didn't know that this thread was only for people who like Halo 5... get off your high horse there Ice.
Where did I say that?

Maybe you need another 4 accounts to properly understand what I type. ;)

I also love being called someone who has no problems with Halo 5 lmao

Fahz shtick wouldn't be so annoying if he would make posts like Kaos did.

Well, Gosu is shitposting again Kappa

@Akai
We can do the tournament I guess. With the File Browser will be easier for us to search for good 1v1 maps

Well, Gosu is shitposting again Kappa

@Akai
We can do the tournament I guess. With the File Browser will be easier for us to search for good 1v1 maps

Looks like someone won't be invited to any more games!!

But i agree, when the file browser is live, i think meeting up would be much better. However, a 1v1 tourney seems boring, tbh.

i'd rather have warzone weekends than a tourney

You talking to a mirror or what fahz?

No gaming side threads active where you can copy paste your dislike over and over again?

Fahz shtick wouldn't be so annoying if he would make posts like Kaos did.

Ice, I'm genuinely perplexed and saddened at your reactions to me or what I say. When I see a Halo 5 thread on the gaming side (or Halo in general), it always interests me...cuz I love Halo and enjoy hearing what others say and discussing it. I'm an FPS nerd on a gaming forum after all. I don't attack people or treat them like lesser people because they have a different opinion than mine. I even frequently state that I think Halo 5 is a respectable game and high quality in many ways. I just state it's not for me with my own reasons. I don't attack 343 for being a crappy company, I just don't agree with their direction or decisions with the franchise.

You can trust me when I say this, but I want to be the exact opposite of asshole to other people. I'm not perfect, but it's not a desire of mine at all.

=/

edit: If I'm that big of a problem to you, consider putting me on an ignore list. Seems like almost every time you and I have these pointless confrontations and the conversation tends to be the same. Also, to make sure I'm not being delusional I checked my post history in the gaming threads and I did not attack anyone. I did not say mean spirited things. I just express the same thing as I usually do--that I prefer the Halo 1-3 style of gameplay and don't like the core changes that Halo 5 brought. I even try to defend 343 and Halo 5 in places when it gets needlessly slammed/attacked. Sorry this "shtick" is so annoying.

Karl2177

Yes it’s the worst in the franchise, which is sad because BTB has always been my favorite playlist. It’s quite obvious they put most of their resources into WZ and were banking off that. I mean we never even got any dev BTB maps. What they could do to actually fix BTB:

Pistols starts, I don’t know how many times this has to be said, but I’m going to keep beating this dead horse.

More vehicles, the amount of vehicles on these maps are pathetic. You might as well not even have them, plus they just get melted by BR starts anyways.

Fixing some of the obvious issues some of the maps have (Antifreeze anyone.)

Since there are no dev maps being made. Add more community forge maps. It’s not like they don’t have any to choose from. There are more than enough great community maps out there.

More modes for BTB.

Even just a few of those changes would make me happy.
Don't forget that for close to a year of Halo 4 (and to those date in MCC) you could spawn with a plasma pistol and plasma grenades. Add in the fact that both MCC and Halo 4's BTB playlist will have both Infinity BTB and Legendary BTB, so you aren't even guaranteed a consistent experience.

Ice, I'm genuinely perplexed and saddened at your reactions to me or what I say. When I see a Halo 5 thread on the gaming side (or Halo in general), it always interests me...cuz I love Halo and enjoy hearing what others say and discussing it. I'm an FPS nerd on a gaming forum after all. I don't attack people or treat them like lesser people because they have a different opinion than mine. I even frequently state that I think Halo 5 is a respectable game and high quality in many ways. I just state it's not for me with my own reasons. I don't attack 343 for being a crappy company, I just don't agree with their direction or decisions with the franchise.

Problem is, there aren't a lot of (if any) constructive opinion on Halo, or MS products in general in gaming side Halo threads. It is mostly same couple people posting shit again and again and again (though at least one of them was banned lol), and good posts often go unnoticed.

Problem is, there aren't a lot of (if any) constructive opinion on Halo, or MS products in general in gaming side Halo threads. It is mostly same couple people posting shit again and again and again (though at least one of them was banned lol), and good posts often go unnoticed.

I agree with this. Funknown and Jem seem to frequently poke their heads in there and defend it, but unfortunately they often get attacked/trolled for their opinions. I don't always agree with them, but they have good heads on their shoulders.

I'm also sick of people saying the flood and 343 Guilty Spark + The Library + Two Betrayals suck. lol ;)

I agree with this. Funknown and Jem seem to frequently poke their heads in there and defend it, but unfortunately they often get attacked/trolled for their opinions. I don't always agree with them, but they have good heads on their shoulders.

I'm also sick of people saying the flood and 343 Guilty Spark + The Library + Two Betrayals suck. lol ;)

I actually really enjoyed The Library on coop with a buddy, though that's partially down to the fact that we spent as much time killing each other as we did killing Flood. Bodies piled up to our waists.

jem0208

What’s with the attacks on Fahz?

I don’t agree with what he says about 5 but at least he’s reasonable with how he says it.

Halo has more than it’s fair share of shitposters on GAF but Fahz isn’t one of them.

Also the Library would be far better if it were like half the length. The first 5 minutes are okay but it gets very grindy walking through the same 2 or 3 grey corridors over and over again.

Fuchsdh

civil_war.gif

Also the Library would be far better if it were like half the length. The first 5 minutes are okay but it gets very grindy walking through the same 2 or 3 grey corridors over and over again.

CEA makes it much better. It's kind of mind-boggling that in a game where they admitted getting confused which way to go on AOTCR was easy and added arrows to the floor and ceiling... they didn't in the Library.

We are reaching the end of this OT so people get a little wild. Typical :D

Do you think they will show something new today? Or maybe a hint or something about the custom game browser?

Top Bottom