• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Strider

From my limited experience teams of 6 for Warzone is still too influential. Spawn traps every game I played so far today because some group communicate their reqs and overwhelm teams of randoms really easily...

Every game has basically played out like this

I tried flanking in this game to take their armory and got close a couple different times to capping it but I was trying to do it alone while my team just kept getting farmed at base. Felt pretty unwinnable....

Idk realistically how much lower they could limit the parties though. Even 4 good players could pull something like that off with quick vehicles like Wasps followed up by Banshees if the entire enemy team is just randoms... Wasps in particular don't seem like a very good addition to WZ to me tbh simply because of their low cost. Groups flood them out and you don't have the tools to deal with them that early in the game...

Nowise10

From my limited experience teams of 6 for Warzone is still too influential. Spawn traps every game I played so far today because some group communicate their reqs and overwhelm teams of randoms really easily...

Every game has basically played out like this

I tried flanking in this game to take their armory and got close a couple different times to capping it but I was trying to do it alone while my team just kept getting farmed at base. Felt pretty unwinnable....

Idk realistically how much lower they could limit the parties though. Even 4 good players could pull something like that off with quick vehicles like Wasps followed up by Banshees if the entire enemy team is just randoms... Wasps in particular don't seem like a very good addition to WZ to me tbh simply because of their low cost. Groups flood them out and you don't have the tools to deal with them that early in the game...

Why would you not spawn at a different base and work it out from their?

Strider

Why would you not spawn at a different base and work it out from their?

?

Idk what you mean...? We only had home base n the armory and once they grabbed our armory they had all 3 points and base was the only spawn option. But even before getting the 3 cap they had the home base and armory completely surrounded with vehicles... It's not like there is much space between them.

Man, I was super divided on buying that Halo Crate for those skins. In the end, I decided $40 wasn't worth it for some skins, a bad shirt, a mug, and a letter opener.

A letter opener.

But I still really want those skins, so if anyone getting the crate doesn't want them...

Woorloog

Banned
Simple fix for the Banshee: Increase FRG cooldown to 5 seconds. It still OP as fuck but at least it would not be so annoying to fight against. Lack of cheaper anti-air weapons in this game is annoying in Warzone.

Also, why the fuck the inactivity timer is a short as 30 seconds or so?

EDIT And why is the matchmaking so goddamn slow? This with balanced search parameter.

Simple fix for the Banshee: Increase FRG cooldown to 5 seconds. It still OP as fuck but at least it would not be so annoying to fight against. Lack of cheaper anti-air weapons in this game is annoying in Warzone.

Also, why the fuck the inactivity timer is a short as 30 seconds or so?

EDIT And why is the matchmaking so goddamn slow? This with balanced search puarameter.

Matchmacking woes will never rest with h5. :( weve been talking about it since launch sadly... some "fixes" here and there but ... yeah... same experience for most.

Wait till you go solo in the ranked pkaylists and get matched against the same teams... consecutively. Lol

Woorloog

Banned
Wait till you go solo in the ranked pkaylists and get matched against the same teams... consecutively. Lol

Not gonna even try solo Ranked. Besides, i've lost my competitive streak long ago.

And since Social Arena lacks Slayer list, i guess i'm stuck with Warzone while playing solo.

EDIT Am i imagining it or is it impossible to find Warzone Assault match?

Why not try Social Skirmish, Woorloog? It has Slayer, and if you do randomly get an Objective gametype, it surely can't be as bad as waiting to find a match in WZA or getting farmed in WZ, no?

Woorloog

Banned
Why not try Social Skirmish, Woorloog? It has Slayer, and if you do randomly get an Objective gametype, it surely can't be as bad as waiting to find a match in WZA or getting farmed in WZ, no?

Because i have zero interest in ending in a JIP match (that happened already) or getting Objective Mode where people don't play objective and farm kills and/or create a spawn trap. Does it even have any vehicles? Hated how Reach and 4 didn't really have vehicles in non-BTB modes, unlike Halo 3.
The way WZ works, it is kinda impossible to avoid playing objective, plus i can always REQ a rocket launcher or something and blow up Banshees...

Im surprised they dont have a throwback playlist of ivory tower, lockout, the pit, and other maps from previous halos. I know a lot of.forge folk did a lot of remakes first.

Battle creek was okaaay but you know.. id like a perm playlist :p

Im surprised they dont have a throwback playlist of ivory tower, lockout, the pit, and other maps from previous halos. I know a lot of.forge folk did a lot of remakes first.

Battle creek was okaaay but you know.. id like a perm playlist :p

Yeah, I really REALLY liked the CE playlist that was going for a while. It's what got me back into playing the game tbh.

Woorloog

Banned
What's with the game crashing when starting a match?
The game's crashed like twice now, both times during matchmaking process or starting match.

What's with the game crashing when starting a match?
The game's crashed like twice now, both times during matchmaking process or starting match.

Quitting the build or an occasional hard reset will fix most problems, but yes, it does like to crash randomly, especially at the start of matches.

Trup1aya

So I just soloq'd five games of Warzone assault at it made me sad.

Each game felt like one team consisted of party of 6 + randoms and one team of all randoms. It made me sad because these large parties are able to put on an amazing spectacle, but it's wasted on unworthy competition. There are explosions everywhere, coordinated vehicle use, and obviously excellent communication going on. It's the type of action I envisioned when Warzone was announced- well half of it, since 1 team was doing all the exploding.

So as I mentioned, it was five games straight of playing with/against full parties. So why couldn't the matchmaking system have these full parties matching each other? Instead of groups of randoms.

Obviously it would make for a better experience for EVERYONE.

I know this is a problem in all playlists. But it wasn't until today until I realized how much Warzone is held back by the lack of party considerations in MM.

Blows my mind how 343 will make warzone 6 people.only, when putting PARTY MATCHING will fix all the problems. Are they scared of to12s not getting matches??

What happened here? Played 2 games of SWAT:

Got kicked accidentally for suiciding 3 times in a row. It was 4 vs 2 and we had a huge lead so I tried some trick jumps and fell off the map.

Next game I played I went 19 and 5 and we won.

Then I go to queue another game, but it said I'm banned for griefing teammates and can't play anymore...

huh?

edit: Restarted the game and I'm unbanned. Lol what the heck

jem0208

What happened here? Played 2 games of SWAT:

Got kicked accidentally for suiciding 3 times in a row. It was 4 vs 2 and we had a huge lead so I tried some trick jumps and fell off the map.

Next game I played I went 19 and 5 and we won.

Then I go to queue another game, but it said I'm banned for griefing teammates and can't play anymore...

huh?

edit: Restarted the game and I'm unbanned. Lol what the heck
It seems like bans only kick in after you play another game. That's always been my experience at least. Not sure about being unbanned after restarting though.

wwm0nkey

Few things I pray for in Halo 6

-Use Halo 5 MP as a base and include everything currently in H5 MP (custom browser and all)
-Completely revamp the UI, its the biggest complaint I've had since Day 1
-Fix all these tiny glitches with custom games, right now there is a lot leading to a less than ideal experience
-Actual organization for armor unlocks, scrolling through all these helmets is a bitch
-Shoulder pads, and under suits for armor customization

Few things I pray for in Halo 6

-Use Halo 5 MP as a base and include everything currently in H5 MP (custom browser and all)
-Completely revamp the UI, its the biggest complaint I've had since Day 1
-Fix all these tiny glitches with custom games, right now there is a lot leading to a less than ideal experience
-Actual organization for armor unlocks, scrolling through all these helmets is a bitch
-Shoulder pads, and under suits for armor customization

No to the last point. I hope undersuits are not customizable. I want them all black by default and you can't change them. I don't ever want to see coloured undersuits again. People who want them don't *really* know what they want and should not be trusted.

wwm0nkey

No to the last point. I hope undersuits are not customizable. I want them all black by default and you can't change them. I don't ever want to see coloured undersuits again. People who want them don't *really* know what they want and should not be trusted.

I want under suit customization because I want a black under suit, I don't think we will get that unless they add a full set of customization for that category

Black under suit > everything else

I want under suit customization because I want a black under suit, I don't think we will get that unless they add a full set of customization for that category

Black under suit > everything else
If Halo 6 does not have black undersuits by default I will not buy the game. They can't keep getting away with this!

Trup1aya

Blows my mind how 343 will make warzone 6 people.only, when putting PARTY MATCHING will fix all the problems. Are they scared of to12s not getting matches??

It's so strange.

In their commentary, they make it seem as if the system does take party size into consideration, but the algorithm isn't working as intended. But I find it crazy that I could match against 5 full parties in a row, all within 6 minutes of each other. Why weren't the parties matched against each other instead of against teams of solo q'ers like me.

Even if they didn't want to put a hard lock on parties, roughly matching party sizes should be the #1 or #2 parameter. And they should expand from there.

Two full parties of 12 going at it would be an amazing experience.

Has anyone received their Halo Wars Definitive Edition code yet?
My brother just preordered HW2 Ultimate Edition today and I'm worrying we won't be able to play tonight D:

m23

Has anyone received their Halo Wars Definitive Edition code yet?
My brother just preordered HW2 Ultimate Edition today and I'm worrying we won't be able to play tonight D:

They don't start going out until tomorrow right? I guess we may get lucky and get them today but I wouldn't expect it.

m23

Btw, this wasn't answered in the FAQ but do you need a full, paid off pre-order in order to have HW: DE sent to you on the 20th?

You need to pre order the digital version from MS or participating retailers. Codes start going out on the 20th, not guaranteed on that date.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just played strongholds with the biggest idiots ever. No one in my team aside from me had more than 300 damage. One guy had 6 captures and 0 kills by the end of the game. Like wtf, are you avoiding fighting!?

Saw this on r/Halo fan art by Jack Hsu

jack-hsu-160604.jpg

Top Bottom