• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

NeOak

Remember this?

Code:
[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/108779895387115520/259887132632547347/Halo3_recon_wallpaper1920x1200.jpg[/IMG]

nillapuddin

Im gunna be honest with yall, can yall help a brotha out and spread some bookmarks my way?

If I can speak truthfully, I've started to see quite a few other Basketball style courts and gametypes getting alot of playtime recently, and with all due respect, in my honest opinion, most of them are not well made at all.

I finished Smashketball back in February and for some reason it never took off, which isn't a big deal, but, be a responsible custom game host, and play a well made game.

I dont do twitch, youtube, twitter, etc so really just now and again Ill post a link for yall, I want it to just be found organically, but that doesnt seem to work much so I guess this weekend I need to drop a Nilla Suite 2.0 on forgehub and reddit. I don't often ask for much outta you guys, but I legitimately feel like I have one of the most fun custom experiences you can throw on. As always, if anyone has some critiques or feedback let me know please, but I hope yall enjoy.

Smashketball

24xQVUgl.png

* It uses standard Grifball settings + Throwing scores, "Smashketball" gametype is in my bookmarks.

Bessy67

I just started playing this again and noticed I have a gold req pack to gift. First person to quote this with their gamertag gets it.

m23

Thanks but those images are promotional images of the original Halo Wars and are not representative of the games but thank you anyways

Are they? Lol

Good stuff 343, it's always great to see a company promote their games with 1 screenshot.

I transferred to digital and gave up on a 20% discount from amazon to get the Definitive Edition for Halo Wars 1 earlier. Why do I have the feeling something ain't right with this game...

Woorloog

Banned
Is there a difference between Gold Trial and normal Gold nowadays? Like, any restrictions or...?
Pretty sure there was difference during 360 days.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't think you get games or deals with gold with a trial but I believe everything else works

Well, i sure as hell could add the Xbone GoGs with mere trial. Which is why i made this question. Mostly wondering if all Halo 5 MP things work.

Maybe MS has no reason to prevent GoG for trials because the games get locked after sub lapses?

Doesn't seem to work for Xbox 360 games though, but then i can't add them via browser because i don't have any payment method added to my account.

klaus

Well, i sure as hell could add the Xbone GoGs with mere trial. Which is why i made this question. Mostly wondering if all Halo 5 MP things work.

Maybe MS has no reason to prevent GoG for trials because the games get locked after sub lapses?

Doesn't seem to work for Xbox 360 games though, but then i can't add them via browser because i don't have any payment method added to my account.

You own the 360 games with gold (XB1 gold games are only "rented"), so it makes sense that they disable that for trials..

Trup1aya

Finally got the damn Norfang. The only weapons i like are the whispered truth and the prophets bane. It's crazy how the 3 weapons i want the most are the last 3 I'll get.

I still lack 20 armors and 20 helmets, none of which i care about. Sigh, i bet they'll all come before my weapons.

I wish Mythic Warzone lasted all week because it's easy RP in between rounds of grinding achilles

Woorloog

Banned
First Warzone match... My reaction is "What the fuck am i doing". And halfway through the match, my team is losing, my reaction is "What the fuck are these people doing". Oddly, we managed to win when someone killed the Warden.

Not sure what i think of Warzone. Certainly isn't BTB... though i do wonder if Halo 5 BTB feels like classic BTB. Maybe i'll try that next.

EDIT Also, what's with the "Season Pass Error" this one REQ pack gives?

Finally got the damn Norfang. The only weapons i like are the whispered truth and the prophets bane. It's crazy how the 3 weapons i want the most are the last 3 I'll get.

I still lack 20 armors and 20 helmets, none of which i care about. Sigh, i bet they'll all come before my weapons.

I wish Mythic Warzone lasted all week because it's easy RP in between rounds of grinding achilles

Thats what happened with me, the game switched from giving me weapon certs to just helmets and armors for a good month then gave me my last 2 weapon certs.

Madness

It's 7 degrees out and my hands are frozen inside my house. It's hard to play Halo.

It's been like -10 celsius in Metro Vancouver for two weeks. The snow which fell like 10 days ago never melted only adding more and more and now today we have yet another snowfall warning. Just crazy. Making up for 6 years of warm winters.

First Warzone match... My reaction is "What the fuck am i doing". And halfway through the match, my team is losing, my reaction is "What the fuck are these people doing". Oddly, we managed to win when someone killed the Warden.

Not sure what i think of Warzone. Certainly isn't BTB... though i do wonder if Halo 5 BTB feels like classic BTB. Maybe i'll try that next.

EDIT Also, what's with the "Season Pass Error" this one REQ pack gives?

The voice of war req pack currently isn't available outside of US and UK regions yet.

Also give H5 BTB a shot, if you can look past the forge maps and getting cross mapped by BRs constantly it is actually pretty sweet.

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 5 BTB is the second biggest BS game mode i've ever played (After NukeTown in that one COD).

WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD IDEA TO HAVE BANSHEE WITH FUEL ROD CANNON IN MULTIPLAYER? AGAIN! AND WITH FUCKING SHIELDS!

Why isn't BR primary with AR secondary?
People don't play CTF objective but merely spawn camp.
Spawns are utter BS.
Also fuck join in progress. Never should have been added to Halo.

Not touching this shit again, not without a full party.

EDIT Not hyperbole. After playing Halo for ten years, i loathe that Banshee bullshit. Should've been fixed years ago. Also can't recall being this frustrated since Nuke Town, not in the first match. Bad games happen but this was worse. And over the years, i've noticed my first impressions are usually right.

The voice of war req pack currently isn't available outside of US and UK regions yet.
Ah, yes, Microsoft's "Let's fuck over countries we class as Tier 2 anyway".

Woorloog

Banned
There's no pure Slayer playlist, outside Arena?
Damn... Never expected to see that in Halo. Makes choosing a list somewhat difficult without a party... Guess i'll have to stick with Warzone when playing solo, that was one "brain-off" mode.

Also, add me, gamertag Empyrus. I'll be sticking with Halo 5 for now, despite BTB disappointing me.
Not partying up today though, not before i get a headset.

WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD IDEA TO HAVE BANSHEE WITH FUEL ROD CANNON IN MULTIPLAYER? AGAIN! AND WITH FUCKING SHIELDS!

I can't wrap my head around this either. The addition of shields to the Banshee in H5 seems like some sort of bad practical joke. Even better is, they gave the Wasp a shield as well because Warzone and BTB clearly wasn't frustrating enough.

Woorloog

Banned
If the Banshee has Fuel Rod, it should have far longer cooldown and far less health.

At very least it shouldn't be allowed to do steep dives. Halo 3 at least tried limiting it... And with Spartan Lasers etc. other power weapons abundant, the Banshee wasn't a big issue, though it still shouldn't have had the FRG in the first place.

EDIT Also, i guess no one plays WZ Assault, because i can't find a match for it. Guess i won't get to test that mode... Though not finding players kinda implies it isn't good.

Cranster

Banned
Everybody when they realized the Banshee was more useless than a paperweight in Halo 2's multiplayer as soon as the enemy got the Rocket Launcher.

Woorloog

Banned
Everybody when they realized the Banshee was more useless than a paperweight in Halo 2's multiplayer as soon as the enemy got the Rocket Launcher.

Super agile flying vehicle with one-shot-kill weapon? Utter stupidity.
Halo 2 Banshee was too weak (i recall my friend killing me with twin pistols in local multiplayer long ago) but the solution is not to give it both health and a better weapon but rather give it only one part of that.
Plus lock-on features shouldn't be too good, Halo 2's was pretty damn good if i recall correctly, with fast and agile rocket.

Banshee is hands down the worst vehicle in the game since reach. How 343 is cool with people flipping every 1.5 seconds making it impossible to shoot the fucking thing blows my mind.

BizzyBum

Anyone else get their loot crate yet?

The figurine is pretty cool but the plasma grenade mug is the best thing. It's a tad awkward to drink from though due to how it's designed, but I'll still use it a lot.

Also, I still never received that thank you pack from the survey team. lol

Top Bottom