• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

link1201

Was there a patch the last couple days? (I tried to update it Ive played in the last week, but nothing available) but for some reason I can't get my profile synced. This has only happened before when I tried to play unpatched.
Last week a pretty big update went out.

Who's dick do I have to suck to get fucking party matching in this god damn game?? 3 times in a row in social skirmish match a to4. Halo 5 is so good yet garbage at the same time, its literally amazing.

malfcn

Got the email about the feedback survey and a notation saying I should have received a free "Thank You" REQ pack yesterday. Well, I didn't actually get any free REQ pack yesterday. A number of months ago I posted a screen shot of an email I received from MS with a code for a free REQ pack, and that code was invalid. Someone in the promotions department must like screwing with people...

Nothing here, except for a Gold pack I can gift only.

Unless I missed it in the update, I didn't see any mention of of fixing the absurd amount of crashes in Forge on PC. Seriously it's still unusable for me, while custom games are 95% fine.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, this was a nice surprise Almost literally Christmas...
Since it is a Christmas season, mail is delivered even on weekends, or at least Saturdays.
Meaning i got my Xbone.

Guess i'll be playing Halo today.

EDIT Wait, fuck, this didn't come with a headset? Damn... Oh, well, i'm gonna need a second controller anyway, so i guess i'll buy a headset too.

FyreWulff

I rebuilt Relay for Halo 4, does that count?

Fun story time: after I did that, a while later there was a Halo LAN I went to. Someone had a printout of all the maps available, which I guess they got off the internet because it had map and author names
"created by 343
Certain Affinity

FyreWulff"

me: wut

because 343 left my tag as the author when it was redeployed to matchmaking, so internet->halo-> internet happened and people keep maintaining a circle of incorrectly crediting me as it's creator :lol

Hey guys I have a brilliant idea. Let's hide outside the map... In Strongholds.

It's a legitimate strategy

Woorloog

Banned
Zzz... 3h to download the damn 50GB update. (I wasted considerable time getting NAT open.)
Would be faster if the wireless download speed wasn't stuck to between 30 and 40 Mbit/s.

I wonder what happens if i try wired network while the update's on... Will it break?

EDIT Nope, didn't break. Doubled the speed, or close enough. So, only 1.5h...

nillapuddin

3UTI6mt.png

4WdCtHL.png

not gunna promote it, but enjoyed altering it

Haruko

Sure, if you want the Halo 4 version of the Olive Helmet.
nope, build a good grifball court is the easiest way

So nilla discovered how to make Forge objects so dark that they literally absorb any light which tries to reflect off them.

I guess the devs are listening because the guy who created the Emissive Overlay responded to me on Twitter.

...It took me til now to notice the little friend in your hood on your twitter profile pic, haha

And dang, that is dark. I look forward to seeing what can be made with that

Laws00

Got the email about the feedback survey and a notation saying I should have received a free "Thank You" REQ pack yesterday. Well, I didn't actually get any free REQ pack yesterday. A number of months ago I posted a screen shot of an email I received from MS with a code for a free REQ pack, and that code was invalid. Someone in the promotions department must like screwing with people...

I accidentally unsubscribed to feedback survey :(

i thought it was giving me a link to go to for the survey

fuck man

Detective

How are you guys liking the 6 player cap in WZ?
I've been hearing that Its just a test and it might come back to 12 people. That would really suck and most stupid decision.

If they wanna get 12 people back make a new playlist for 12 people in WZ.

Before the update kicked in, I've played with some teams, the matches ends literally in 3 mins. What's the fun in that if you consider the other team? Or even farming.

And now, each one of them is complaining and afraid to go in WZ with 6 people. Where I have been kicking asses. Matched against 6 people and knows Spartan companies now, they got their asses handed to them on a plate presented by me.

Not so tough without 11 in your team huh:D

Seriously, 343 should consider it carefully before taken it back. Give them own playlist.

link1201

How are you guys liking the 6 player cap in WZ?
I've been hearing that Its just a test and it might come back to 12 people. That would really suck and most stupid decision.

If they wanna get 12 people back make a new playlist for 12 people in WZ.

Before the update kicked in, I've played with some teams, the matches literally in 3 mins. What's the fun in that if you consider the other team? Or even farming.
I've only played 3 or 4 games since the change but those were very fun. I'd like them to keep the change in place if they're not going to do hidden ranking in WZ.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the Mythic Warzone last night literally at the last second. It would be cool if there was a special Req pack for the win. Shame they don't add more stuff like that and achievements.

BizzyBum

Finished the Mythic Warzone last night literally at the last second. It would be cool if there was a special Req pack for the win. Shame they don't add more stuff like that and achievements.

Or at least give double XP / RP. As it stands now there's really no incentive to playing it over Legendary beyond the challenge, which is crazy. I've only won 1 game so far.

Fuchsdh

Yeah Halo 5 has had remarkably few DLC achievements. On one hand, it's kind of lame that the new stuff doesn't get as much attention, on the other hand, I'm tired of games I've completed like five times coming up with even more achievements so I have to dig out the old games again (looking at you, Minecraft on every goddamn platform. And who the hell wants to keep playing Goat Simulator after five hours?)

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Or at least give double XP / RP. As it stands now there's really no incentive to playing it over Legendary beyond the challenge, which is crazy. I've only won 1 game so far.

By design, Mythic pays out substantially more XP/RP than Legendary Warzone Firefight. It's up to the community to decide if the payouts are appropriate to the challenge. We continue to track a number of data points (anecdotal and raw) and will use that info to inform designs going forward.

Madness

Anyone notice after the update connecting to lobby, REQ's and viewing your spartan takes much longer. UI just feels slower. Maybe it is the servers?

Anyone notice after the update connecting to lobby, REQ's and viewing your spartan takes much longer. UI just feels slower. Maybe it is the servers?

Noticed that yesterday. But its been like that for me for months.

I was hoping there would have been improvements but reqs still take a while to load.

Madness

How are we ever supposed to rank up properly in this game when you have teammates go 0 for 10 before quitting or getting kicked for afk. At least 3 of my kills were getting bro spawned near him just standing there as he got killed and before I can react too.

so after opening a couple hundred gold packs since the update, Hannibal wasps appear to have a drop rate of at least 3x that of ONI wasps. Soooo...that's a thing. GG 343 rng.

How are we ever supposed to rank up properly in this game when you have teammates go 0 for 10 before quitting or getting kicked for afk. At least 3 of my kills were getting bro spawned near him just standing there as he got killed and before I can react too.

What an annoying apple!

TCKaos

Kaos confirmed he's seeing the same drop-rate.

It's roughly what I'm seeing. After spending over 150k-ish REQ on golds after the update (and remember kids, I get refunded 6000 per, so that's like 24 packs) I unlocked several Hannibal Wasps, a handful of standard Wasps, and a single ONI Wasp.

It's roughly what I'm seeing. After spending over 150k-ish REQ on golds after the update (and remember kids, I get refunded 6000 per, so that's like 24 packs) I unlocked several Hannibal Wasps, a handful of standard Wasps, and a single ONI Wasp.

Yesterday I made a video for my channel opening 100 Gold Req Packs and I got tons of Hannibal Wasps and Oni Wasps too

That's about it.

Thanks but those images are promotional images of the original Halo Wars and are not representative of the games but thank you anyways

I placed in Platinum for Team Arena this season and then got to Onyx playing exclusively with randoms. You just have to believe.

TCKaos

I'm probably not ever going to place again now that we've got social playlists. It's a shame there's no ranked BTB because we'd probably range between low Diamond to Onyx most of the time.

Unless it's one of those nights and we place, like Gold 4.

It's a little more than 23 gold packs per 100k RP, actually.

I spent like 500k at the update, then sold everything I didn't want, spent the ~280k from that, played since the update, got back to 250k, spent it all, sold everything again, and bought some more, so that's how I got the couple hundred packs figure.

I placed in Platinum for Team Arena this season and then got to Onyx playing exclusively with randoms. You just have to believe.

You're a lucky man. I've been trying to solo grind my way through diamond and it seems like every 3rd game I play a team of 4 that has 3 smurfs. Just lost 50-14 on Truth slayer and the opposing team had 3 platnuims all with over 90% win percentage and had Spartan ranks 16 and below.

slyfox

You're a lucky man. I've been trying to solo grind my way through diamond and it seems like every 3rd game I play a team of 4 that has 3 smurfs. Just lost 50-14 on Truth slayer and the opposing team had 3 platnuims all with over 90% win percentage and had Spartan ranks 16 and below.

This game is filled with smurfs. Anyone want to join me. Playing some h5 arena with a friend. Need 2. GT: o0Chaosmaster0o. We are diamond low onyx but don't mind playing with anyone.

mo60

I'm probably not ever going to place again now that we've got social playlists. It's a shame there's no ranked BTB because we'd probably range between low Diamond to Onyx most of the time.

Unless it's one of those nights and we place, like Gold 4.

I kinda don't like social skirmish. It getas really sweaty at times because I sometimes have to face onxy or diamond players.

Top Bottom