• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians will be available to download and play FOR FREE 6.29 - 7.5

Yager

Banned
HsOuOzK.jpg

But he's not wrong.

Maybe I should go back and give the multiplayer a try, the single player disappointed me so much I just put the game down after I was done it...but dam these patches are huge.

I'm surpised they didn't say anything about this e3:

"Xbox Live’s “Free Play Days” program"

Or did they? It just makes me curious of what other games will included in this whenever they have the Free Play Days.

I really hope all of the Warzone Maps are used for Fire Fight.

Or did they? It just makes me curious of what other games will included in this whenever they have the Free Play Days.

It would have been, "lost in the storm" to an awkward Minecraft demo or some such shit.

Anyone have a reasonable explanation for why the file size is so big?

I know it's not the textures (har har). Is it the voice work? That wouldn't quite make sense either.

Mr. Sam

Already own the game but haven't played it in a few months. This might just be the prompt I need. I'll set aside some time/hard drive space to download the updates and patches.

This is bringing back memories of the "14 day try and play" or whatever it was called during Halo 4. Oh, the dark ages. Halo 5 counties to knock it out of the park.

Anyone have a reasonable explanation for why the file size is so big?

I know it's not the textures (har har). Is it the voice work? That wouldn't quite make sense either.
It's the base game and the 8 major updates that have followed since launch.

This is bringing back memories of the "14 day try and play" or whatever it was called during Halo 4. Oh, the dark ages. Halo 5 counties to knock it out of the park.

That was my favorite, they clearly fucked up and tried to cover their tracks. As someone who owned the Halo 4 season pass, I would have been fine with others getting it for free from a mistake. Would have meant more players.

They even do a better job with that stuff now, Fallout 4 was accidentally free and everyone who downloaded it got $10 credit.

Chris1

I forgot this game had a subtitle. Halo does not need subtitles.
My guess is they're just paving the way to drop the numbers in the same way CoD4: MW went CoD: MW2. We could see Halo: Guardians 2 or something.

5 isn't bad but it's when you get into FF territory it starts becoming a problem IMO.

Would it be full priced? For the expansions also?

There are no "expansions", every DLC is free. Maps, Modes, etc

Wow 50% off too?!

I know where I'm spending my $10 Fallout4 code. $20 Digital Halo 5!

That's the first thing that popped into my head too. I traded it in initially because I was so disappointed in the campaign and was only ever going to re-buy if a good digital deal happened.

Time to really dig into the multiplayer, even though I really suck in competitive.

ParityBit

After the week it probably will be full price. In all honesty 30 bucks for this game with the content it has is the steal of this generation.

Okay, cool. I will get it, why not, especially at 50% off. Will I be able to buy from the game after download or will I have to buy from the store and it will unlock the game I already downloaded?

Would it be full priced? For the expansions also?

"Additionall, Halo 5: Guardians will be on sale for 50 percent off during this same time."

Might be best to decide before July 5th is over. Looking on the xbox.com website, it runs for $59.99 still. So if you wait till after, you will be better off looking for a used copy somewhere that will be way cheaper than paying full price.

Murdoch

I mean, that's a screenshot from the game. Complete with aliasing and compression artifacts and so on. Sure you're not usually playing with the HUD turned off from that viewpoint, but it's more or less representative.

Welcome back Frankie! Although i'm not impressed with the direction the single player storyline is taking (and the omission of split screen campaign) I'll always have a huge huge fondness for Halo. Thank you for your contribution towards that.

gamz

Okay, cool. I will get it, why not, especially at 50% off. Will I be able to buy from the game after download or will I have to buy from the store and it will unlock the game I already downloaded?

It will probably say free trail or buy now. Some shit like that.

343's GOAT-level support for Halo 5 is fantastic. I'm very hopeful about the future of this game and future Halo games.

Attack on Sanctum looks really good

But I will continue to dream of a Tsunaion warzone/arena map

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Too bad the actual game doesn't look this clean or sharp

Are you looking at this shit on your phone?

Download the screen on the monitor/TV you play on. It looks very representative of the game to me.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this is fantastic. i have a friend that just picked up a bone and i've told him i'd buy him halo, now theres no excuses. also, firefight wednesday!

Top Bottom