• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite - No Co-op or Forge at launch

Papacheeks

Banned
Wow again they are not shipping co-op and Forge until season 2 and 3. WTF?

Looks like Covid fucked this game, along with the terrible development pre-covid.

So the rumors on this coming in pieces was 100% on point. Looks like campaign also might be getting released piece by piece each season?

clarky

Gold Member
even after a year delay what a shit show
How so? A red hot beta, hype has never been higher.

Name one other game that has an expected feature set even close to whats expected of halo.

Its like expecting every new mario game to ship with mario party, mario maker, mario 3dworld and a battle royal.

The fake outrage around here is embarrassing

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I’m thinking this needs another 6 month delay.
push it to summer 2022 get it right.

I dont think they can at this point. But its bad that we are almost at the end of August and we dont have a dfinitive date for launch. It's telling that this game is coming in pieces, and honestly for schedule wise it works in the developer's favor. But you have to wonder what shape this was in pre-covid? Says alot. If joe staten leaves after first couple seasons I think its going to be dark days for this developer.

YukiOnna

Said it in the community thread, but it doesn't really affect me, but Forge had to be in a weird state for them to push it back 6 months. I'm OK with Co-Op coming in Season 2, that's not very long. Campaign + Main MP Modes is more than enough.

FWIW, Staten said in the video they considered delaying the game to ship it with Co-Op & Forge, but they decided not to since they didn't want to delay it any further.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hmmm I'm not too peeved by this. My plan was to hop straight into Multiplayer. Save the campaign for when friends aren't online. So this is fine for me. Also 3- 6 months isn't long to wait for these features. Forge wasn't at launch for previous Halo's as well. Co-op was though...but I beat campaign solo in most iterations of the game.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
even after a year delay what a shit show
Is it though? I mean TLOU2 got delayed as well, multiple times. And it's only multiplayer mode was heavily delayed as well.

The game had an extremely rough initial showing. I personally think the only thing that matters is having a showpiece game for Xbox, on time. I think we'll have to read some reviews to see if the game is finally in good shape or not. Really, rolling out stuff like this isn't a shitshow. Ghost of Tsushima rolled out their multiplayer late as well. This is literally just co-op and the map maker. I don't even really like Halo, but this seems like an extreme overreaction.

HTK

Banned
This game got a whole extra year and still can't meet the launch date, damn feel bad for co-op and forge folks.

Codes 208

35lqnh5xrfb51.png

Not a big deal for me. Ill just play solo for the first run as my usual thing and then play multiplayer for the rest of the time.

Interfectum

Is it though? I mean TLOU2 got delayed as well, multiple times. And it's only multiplayer mode was heavily delayed as well.

The game had an extremely rough initial showing. I personally think the only thing that matters is having a showpiece game for Xbox, on time. I think we'll have to read some reviews to see if the game is finally in good shape or not. Really, rolling out stuff like this isn't a shitshow. Ghost of Tsushima rolled out their multiplayer late as well. This is literally just co-op and the map maker. I don't even really like Halo, but this seems like an extreme overreaction.
Huge difference between single player games having a delayed multiplayer and a series with a legacy of campaign co-op releasing without one. It's not really going to hurt the game as it's basically free at this point but a lot of people will be disappointed. Co-op Halo is the only what I've played any of the campaigns.

Banned
that's it. 343i NEEDS TO FUCKING GO! everyone in leading positions need to be fucking fired at this point.this studio releases turd after turd and constantly lowers the quality of each and every Halo release they shit out of their untalented asses

OverHeat

« generous god »
that's it. 343i NEEDS TO FUCKING GO! everyone in leading positions need to be fucking fired at this point.this studio releases turd after turd and constantly lowers the quality of each and every Halo release they shit out of their untalented asses
Looking at the tech preview…you are wrong MP was awesome.

kretos

Banned

no one buys TLoU2 or GoT for multiplayer, GoT multiplayer wasn't even announced when people bought the game if i remember correctly

Papacheeks

Banned

Multiplayer was never a staple for last of us. Co-op campaign is a staple of halo period.

Also unlike infinite, they never promised or showed multiplayer for last of us part 2 when they showed it off.

You got a polished overly long game experience. Though it was delayed, it launched in near flawless state.

- Co-op will come in Season 2 (~3 months), Forge will come out in Season 2 (~6 months after launch), #1 priority is meeting quality and stability across all platforms, many technical complexities with Forge, for example
- Still working out details of the specific release day, but absolutely releasing this Holiday, will know release date soon

Massive fuck up with no campaign co op. Needs to be on series x at least.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
It's disappointing. For me, that's the main appeal - going through campaign with my friend in co-op. Next up, I won't be surprised if we don't have cross play at campaign launch....or ever for campaign.

Kilau

I am not a Sony boy lolol. Far from it. To deal with it, I may no play it for a while. It's been a 20-year tradition to play Halo coop with some of my best friends. After the crap 5 was, they keep taking the luster off of the series.
Hysterical, playing co-op with you is the only reason I play Halo and why I got into Xbox. Sony boy lol.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
LOL at the people trying to downplay this.

"It's not a big deal for me so it shouldn't be for you!"

Naked Gun Panic GIF

I sort of agree. I'm all in on Xbox this year (looking forward to PS5 soon), but it is funny to see people downplay the topic, because it supposedly doesn't bother them.

Graciaus

If this was halo 3 days I'd be furious. But I'm honestly only going to play by myself. Halo 5 launched missing a bunch of stuff so no surprise.

TexMex

Should have fucking known. No wonder they can hit this holiday. Missing some core pillars of the Halo experience.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I have to say, co-op is my favorite genre and I fucking hate seeing this go (or be just an afterthought), I am starting to get old and want bring PS3/360 era, the very best gen

Well this gen seems also pretty good, mainly because I can throw 360 game into XSX and play it graphically improved.

Soulja

What year is this? I'd rather the game be delayed so it can be further polished and have Co op added for release.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Sucks played last one thru with my bro, good news with work that no longer possible so was planning to solo it.

Top Bottom