• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

We'll have 60 fps (off-screen) footage from the press conference later today, btw.

QW63oXe.gif

Will check this out in the morning. I'm off to bed, need to get some sleep before the Sony presser...

No one cares about Reach. Leave it on the garbage heap where it belongs. Piece of shit introducing load outs and abilities to Halo. Goddamn piece of shit...

The single player was fun though.

I wish it had ODST also for single player. It can't be that hard to port if they ported over Halo 3 already, it's basically an add on for the Halo 3 engine.

Red

Well, I guess its nothing but good news that they have added Forge and Theater mode to 2 more games in 2 hours.

Lots of conflicting info thus far. I'll cross my fingers, but not holding my breath.

"I want to ask you guys this, I believe you confirmed this for me earlier: two player online co-op for the... halo 2 campaign?"

"That's right, we're going to have that for, in particular for 2, 3, and 4..."

"Yep."

"We're going to have those across the board for those, which is going to be a tremendous amount of fun. Similar for forge as well. You're going to be able to forge on 2, 3, and 4."

"Forge on 2?"

"That's correct."

"How is that possible?"

"Well, that's more of the magic."

Direct quotes.

I won't lie, the prospect of having all the multiplayer together is very enticing. I'm not even too worried about the leg's - 343 has done a pretty awful job of keeping Reach tidy for the long term (admittedly all of the issues weren't their own doing), but stuff like DLC maps obviously won't be an issue for this and the entire population will always have access to all the maps.

Any enthusiasm for the franchise is kinda counter-balanced by what I feel was Halo 4 being more about PR-management than addressing the actual game. But I guess that's more of an issue to be concerned about with 5's direction than anything with the collection itself.

The big problem for me is, entirely because of Microsoft's own doing (with some help from Halo 4), the XBO is #3 on my console to-buy list. The Wii U is its own separate thing since Nintendo's Nintendo. Dropping Kinect and dangling Halo 1, 2, and 3 multiplayer in front of me, coupled with Microsoft's shift in attitude, is enough to make me interested in an XBO much, much earlier than I thought I'd be if you asked a few short months ago. But I kinda feel like the damage has already been done - my friends have been scattered about. We now game together primarily on PC and getting us all onboard a single console again probably won't happen too soon. I don't see any reason to go back on my choice of wanting a PS4 first - the multiplatform, console-only games I'm interested in will run better on that; and several Japanese games of note that I'm going to need to get my hands on are gonna be PS4 exclusive (or PS3-PS4 cross-gen, and I don't own a PS3). So that means that, for the immediate future, I'd effectively be buying an XBO just to try and recapture the glory of H2 multiplayer.

Basically, tl;dr: I do really want Master Chief Collection for all the multiplayer content, but it's still a damn hard sell when there's the $400 console gate on top of it, after all these other costs I've already consumed (building a PC) or still plan to incur regardless; many of which wouldn't have taken precedent if MS hadn't dug its own grave to begin with.

so there is no way this might come to pc?

IGN asked Frankie on their livestream and got a bit of a stumbling stuttering response like "its not in the plans right now but Microsoft understands how important the PC market is"

Which sounds like a canned response that Frankie didn't have on the tip of his tongue but was told by PR to regurgitate upon asking about a PC port that he knows about.

At least in my opinion.

Reach is my favorite Halo campaign.

Reach is the best Halo game in existence.

But firefight!

The single player was fun though.

I wish it had ODST also for single player. It can't be that hard to port if they ported over Halo 3 already, it's basically an add on for the Halo 3 engine.

Nah, it was just awful across the board. How can anyone think it's the best Halo game. Madness, I say. Madness.

I will concede that firefight was great though.

I truly hate it. It was the beginning of the end for Halo in some respects. They decided to start chasing the CoD crowd and it resulted in a Halo that lost its identity.

just give the campaigns then. Reach and ODST were great.

ODST was indeed great, the less said about Reach and great in the same sentence, the better. Not that it was bad, it just wasn't very good.

Sir, I love you and your games.

Are those cutscenes in Halo 2 Anniversary real time or pre-rendered?

Pre-Rendered is fine, we just are eager to know!

Also with the games running at 60fps, will animations for enemies and the players be updated to 60 as well? Halo 1 on PC had this issue with 30fps animations and 60fps gameplay, where things look odd.

One of the best campaigns in the series...

I just can't agree. It's in distant last for me and yes that includes Halo 4.

Halo CE > Halo 3 > ODST >> Halo 2 >> Halo 4 >>> Spartan Ops, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reach.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sir, I love you and your games.

Are those cutscenes in Halo 2 Anniversary real time or pre-rendered?

Pre-Rendered is fine, we just are eager to know!

Also with the games running at 60fps, will animations for enemies and the players be updated to 60 as well? Halo 1 on PC had this issue with 30fps animations and 60fps gameplay, where things look odd.

They are not just prerendered, they are CGI done by blur, and will be as close to photoreal as it gets.

We are probably 3 generations away from doing that in real time.

Top Bottom