• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Multiplayer Playlists Revealed

Seems like a very good Day One playlist. Man, this game is going to consume my life like Halo 2 did when it launched (played several hours a day for over a year).

Bread

Banned
it's been so long since i played a big team battle playlist that wasn't "forgeworld pos 8" on reach, can't wait to play all these classic maps again.

Sotha_Sil

Wait, so some of the playlists switch between the different games with each match? That's actually.... pretty awesome. It would be great have Team Slayer across 80 maps or so.

RowdyReverb

I think I am most excited to play Halo: CE on Big Team Battle. 8 v 8 was a rarity in the past for that title (on the console version), so I'm looking forward to getting more time with it.

Rockyrock

Why do people even like big team battle? It's always been shit.

1_vd-lewin-408x264.jpg

H3xum

Will I be able to get meta with the playlists?

Specifically, can I play the H:CE playlist but have a radar off option?

Nicodemus

Neo Member
So pumped for this!

Add me to the list of people hoping for an objective-only playlist, or at least an 8 vs 8 playlist with a generous helping of objective modes. I'm not too worried about it though. I'm sure 343 will be swapping out playlists regularly to keep things fresh and keep the population happy. This is their baby now, after all. They'll want to take care of it. And by the looks of things, I'd say they're off to a pretty decent start.

Honestly though, just give me 1-flag ctf and assault from Halo 2 and I'm all set. That's all I ask. Those two modes alone gave me some of the most fun, most memorable moments from any multiplayer game I can remember. So many good times, ah the nostalgia...

zlatko

Banned
Stuff like this makes me contemplate buying a Xbone this holiday season, but ... I can't make that kind of commitment without knowing what else is coming to this machine other than Halo 5 next year.

I'll pony up for H5 sure, but it's tough to sell me on a X1 right now as there is no other exclusives that do a thing for me on it.

Eventually Gears of War, and then I'm all over it, but by then a price drop can take place.

Blah. I wish I was a wealthier man. :(

Never played Halo, can someone educate Mr on what the OP means? I don't know the game modes for Halo. Is there anything similar to Conquest? Also is 8v8 the max room size?

Ramirez

Never played Halo, can someone educate Mr on what the OP means? I don't know the game modes for Halo. Is there anything similar to Conquest? Also is 8v8 the max room size?

No, there is nothing similar to Conquest.

It's your basic Deathmatch, CTF, KOTH, & Oddball (hold object to win).

Glassboy

I liked big team in the past but shitty connections could ruin the game. I'm looking forward to playing it with dedicated servers

Rockyrock

No, there is nothing similar to Conquest.

Territories in BTB

I'm going to have to agree with you there. Halo shines with its CQC arena style maps, not huge open maps with nothing but snipers, rockets and turrets. That's when you lose that Halo balance.

How can that be the case when there's only 2 snipers and 1 rocket like many of the arena maps.

and in my 15 years playing Halo i've never heard a single person complain about a mounted turret lol.

Finally, took me a bit to find. But Territories in Halo 2 was similar to Conquest: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Territories

Whether it makes it into The Master Chief Collection, I do not know.

Edit: I had forgotten the name of the Game Type. But played quite a bit of it Halo 2.

mcrommert

Banned
BTB on dedis. Wow. So jacked for this.

Now, if only we could get Halo 4 out of that playlist...

I would argue that BTB is one of the few places that halo 4 really works...it was bad at close quarters but much better with its mechs and so forth (ignoring balance issues with those...they were fun)

For BTB I just remembered Sandtrap... Brute choppers and elephants, and dedicated servers. I'm pretty jelly I don't have an xbone right now.

I would argue that BTB is one of the few places that halo 4 really works...it was bad at close quarters but much better with its mechs and so forth (ignoring balance issues with those...they were fun)

If folk couldn't constantly spawn with plasma pistols I think it could have been great. I would always see/have vehicles get hit with an EMP and be taken out very quickly after they spawned.

It was a shame, the mantis was really fun to play in.

Territories in BTB

How can that be the case when there's only 2 snipers and 1 rocket like many of the arena maps.

and in my 15 years playing Halo i've never heard a single person complain about a mounted turret lol.

Sorry, I meant the warthog turret. And I just mean the sniper dominates more in large areas. Throws the balance off.

All these gifs of hate, haha. Halo has always been about 4v4, gents.

I was hoping for two per game kinda...4v4 and 8v8. I'm satisfied with this though

Wait... halo has always been about 4v4!? I'm sorry but Halo 1 lans disagree with you.

Top Bottom