• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Multiplayer Playlists Revealed

Head.spawn

What the online populations will be:

Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo 2: Anniversary
Halo CE
Halo 4

Halo CE's weak netcode, visuals and familiarity will lower it's appeal. Halo Anniversary's lack of maps will cause it to fall after a month or so. Halo 4 is just a bad game. Halo 3's Forge and visuals/gameplay will cause it to rise to the top

Tell me more about Halo CE's netcode.

Also, is Halo 3 the only one with Forge? I'm pretty sure Halo 2 is getting Forge.

Madness

This is a dream come true.

And

Wat. Hell no Halo 3 goes above Halo 2 and 1. That's absurd bro.

You're overestimating the amount of people that will consistently play CE, it's just too barebones and hard for people to get into. I'd say it's going to be an initial Halo 2 Anniversary as the most played, and then after beta, will be between H2 and H3 for top spot. Way too many people have fond memories of Halo 3 despite how different it was from Halo 2. For a lot of newbies, they just won't like CE as much, because it's the oldest.

I'll probably be on H2 the most, followed by H3 and CE, depending on how they all play. I'll give H2A a good pkaythrough though.

PLEASE HELP

Is there 4 player split-screen competitive online for ALL THE GAMES? If not, will you be booted out of playlists when you hit a game that doesn't support it?

Saud

Neo Member
It looks so good!

exat.gif

Bsigg12

PLEASE HELP

Is there 4 player split-screen competitive online for ALL THE GAMES? If not, will you be booted out of playlists when you hit a game that doesn't support it?

Yes there is 4 player split screen multiplayer for all the games.

Campaign is 2 player split screen.

Ape

Banned
This is a dream come true.

And

Wat. Hell no Halo 3 goes above Halo 2 and 1. That's absurd bro.

I think CE will be above Halo 3 as well. CE had a great community on PC and it should flourish online on consoles especially since this is going to be the first time most people play CE online.

What's going to suck is that when my group LAN'd Halo 1, we always had radar off. Playing Halo 1 with radar on is going to suck.

I think CE will be above Halo 3 as well. CE had a great community on PC and it should flourish online on consoles especially since this is going to be the first time most people play CE online.

It's going to be Halo CE for me more than anything probably. I've waited a long time for this, a very long long time. I was there during Xbox Connect days. This is going to be glorious.

Bsigg12

Specifically, 4 play split screen multiplayer ONLINE? I.e. playing the playlists?

I don't see why not? With the Xbox One, only 1 account has to have Gold for all accounts on the box to get the gold features so you could play ranked with all 4 on the same screen.

Edit: I was partially wrong about the campaign stuff. Halo CE and 2 will only support 2 player Campaign and 3 and 4 will both have 4 player campaign. I know that's not what you were referring to but I figured I would bring it up in regards to split screen.

"Eliminate the enemy team across four Halo games: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Nothing but Team Slayer, 24/7. 4v4."
A Team Slayer Playlist without Halo 4? Oh yeah!

Im really looking forward to see how the people will handle the switch between those games, especially the ones who started with later installments of the series.

Wedge7

Will probably devote my time to 75% Halo 3 Multiplayer, and 25% Halo 2 MP. Prob will never touch Halo1/Halo 4, besides briefly playing them just to see how they look with the updated visuals.

Nothing for me but team Slayer baby.

Joe

Can anyone answer a really dumb question...

Let's take team slayer for instance. Will I be playing maps across 4 different games without leaving the lobby? Like will one round be halo2 the very next map, same group of people and not leaving the room at all, be halo4?

So many playlists... I'm really afraid that this is going to cause long term problems with playlists being populated. Hopefully everyone just plays halo 2 :)

Specifically, 4 play split screen multiplayer ONLINE? I.e. playing the playlists?
They have not said either way, so no playlist is guaranteed to have guests / multiple users per system.
With a playlist having potentially 5 different engines where splitscreen performs differently from game to game..

Frankie or Tashi might weigh in. You could try asking Dan Ayoub or Bravo on twitter if you have an account.

m23

Can anyone answer a really dumb question...

Let's take team slayer for instance. Will I be playing maps across 4 different games without leaving the lobby? Like will one round be halo2 the very next map, same group of people and not leaving the room at all, be halo4?

Yeah, you'll be jumping around different games in the same playlists. This is dependant on the playlist though and how many games are in the playlist, I don't think Halo 4 is in the Team Slayer playlist.

Joe

Yeah, you'll be jumping around different games in the same playlists. This is dependant on the playlist though and how many games are in the playlist, I don't think Halo 4 is in the Team Slayer playlist.
Thank you.

It blows my mind that that's possible.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Can someone seriously make Halo MCC thread? there is just too much information everywhere and I consume all my news through this forum.

Its sad that this thread is no more LINK

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Important to note experientially, that when players vote on a map and game version, it loads in more or less the same speed and simplicity that the original would. You're not really aware of the engine loading.

HiiiLife

Either I'm reading this wrong but the Team Slayer playlists cycles through all 4 games between matches? I wish I could play Slayer only on H2.

Top Bottom