• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Cry if you liek dis evry tiem

doesn't matter it's a money grab and all those games are available for 50 cents at the dollar store. m$ basically dragged and dropped four folders to a blue ray.

Xbox One doesn't support drag and drop tho. 1 game per disc or you're a scrub.

wwm0nkey

Last night.

60fps CTF.

Two flags down.

I cap the flag three times in rapid succession, multiple flag kills. Total dongination. Best CTF match I ever played.

"Xbox, record that!"

"Sorry, this has been disabled for this test build dumbass."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
177.jpg

dwells

Would anyone be able to Halo-ify my avatar? Maybe have like a MK VI helmet over the Seahawk etc. Somewhat like YourExWife's avatar? Or anything else is good ie. Halo circular logo etc. I usually only use a Johnny Canuck, Colorado Avalanche, or Seattle Seahawks avatar all year round.

How's this?

96ie1Uu.png

BigShow36

So after watching the 4v4 Halo CE games on the stream yesterday, while it didn't look terrible, I really hope they release a 2v2 or 1v1 playlist. It's better for the gameplay and hopefully the latency.

Booties

Banned
Last night.

60fps CTF.

Two flags down.

I cap the flag three times in rapid succession, multiple flag kills. Total dongination. Best CTF match I ever played.

"Xbox, record that!"

This is why you always have an intern recording every game over your shoulder with his cell phone. Please do this and post results on youtube with linkin park please. tia.

Man I really want to see that Max Hoberman map he talked about yesterday.

A map made in the Halo 2 era, specifically for 1 sided variants? Yes pls

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Fathead

Last night.

60fps CTF.

Two flags down.

"Xbox, record that!"

Neutral bomb on sandtrap. Down 2-0. Drove the elephant to the bomb spawn. Scored 3 times in 2 minutes to win. I wish i had that game vid.

ElRenoRaven

Finally caught up. Nice to see the Sunset Overdrive love. We need to hook up and play some of that together when it releases. I myself have it preloaded.

VinFTW

What I liked about the Halo 4 footage:

• Truly does look like it has a great Halo game beneath all the extraneous stuff (that you can't see in most of the video)
  • Shooting looks like it feels great in 60FPS. The BR especially looks like it feels super nice. Just wish the sound didn't make it seem like a water gun (love the boomy sound of the H2/H3 BR).
  • Definitely love the splash damage/armor splatter the shooting gives. It's like a visual hitmarker. Reminds me of how addicting it felt to shoot someone in Halo 2 and see their shield splash yellow, rather than how flat and boring it looked in Halo 3
  • Definitely excited to try all these maps I never played. There's bound to be at least a handful of good ones.
  • Holy hell it looks gorgeous
  • Legendary slayer will be interesting to try, won't mind sprint TOO much but I DEFNITELY still don't want it in Halo 5

Hoping some of you bros can suck it up and play some H4 matches every once in a while with me between H3/H2 so I can try it out :p

Mix

Halo 4 does look really good, but unless you watch it side by side it's almost like yeah, that's what it looked like but I went back and rewatched some Halo 4 stuff and it's really an amazing difference.

Impala26

• Truly does look like it has a great Halo game beneath all the extraneous stuff (that you can't see in most of the video)
  • Shooting looks like it feels great in 60FPS
  • Definitely love the splash damage/armor splatter the shooting gives. It's like a visual hitmarker. Reminds me of how addicting it felt to shoot someone in Halo 2 and see their shield splash yellow, rather than how flat and boring it looked in Halo 3
  • Definitely excited to try all these maps I never played. There's bound to be at least a handful of good ones.
  • Legendary slayer will be interesting to try, won't mind sprint TOO much but I DEFNITELY still don't want it in Halo 5

Hoping some of you bros can suck it up and play some H4 matches every once in a while with me between H3/H2 so I can try it out :p

After watching the stream yesterday and seeing some Halo 2 footage for the first time in what seems like years, I was reminded of how awesome the visual feedback in the form of opponent's shields lighting up when they're shot. For 2004, it was a rather impressive "energy ripple" effect actually.

• Shooting looks like it feels great in 60FPS. The BR especially looks like it feels super nice. Just wish the sound didn't make it seem like a water gun (love the boomy sound of the H2/H3 BR).

63935.gif

graphics look good though but the art style is so bland everything is just grey like it was created in forge or something and seeing those enemies reminds me of how much a disaster halo 4 was all over again. halo 1-3 STRICTLY

Yup, I still argue that Halo 4 is a great game underneath all the shit that was slapped on top.

Speaking of sprint, please erase that and the DMR from existence when it comes to Halo 5. Pls 343. Pls.

VinFTW

LMAO

I did that area in Dark Souls drunk... nearly shit my pants when I slid down one of those pillars and landed right next to one.

Also, I rather liked H4's campaign, one of the better ones to me. Top 3 for sure.

Halo 5 beta will have a streamlined experience, lotta good PR...until they introduce all the Halo 4 shit on top it later. Sprint, DMRs, AAs on top of AAs, that droning noise in the lobby, vehicle health system still ass, etc.

Top Bottom