• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Madness

Not sure if you saw earlier:
9fuMgxk.jpg

The flamethrower usually has a "shark" on it, thought this might look neat for your avatar. Just throwin it out there. If you don't want to use it, you won't hurt my feelings.

Oh that's great. Slight caveat, any way to have the white outline going around the top of the Seahawk head too? Seems like it was cutoff a bit? Pretty creative though. Saving it for later :)

Edit: Thanks Over and Dwells. Great work. Don't know if I'll get banned if I use Over's version though.

Oh that's great. Slight caveat, any way to have the white outline going around the top of the Seahawk head too? Seems like it was cutoff a bit? Pretty creative though. Saving it for later :)

Yeah I can do that, i'll put that back in.

edit: not sure why i did that to be honest lol

Madness

Well, I figured Page 117 was as good a place as any. I am no longer going to be checking the votes for the OT title. Here is the final tally.

Looks like Halo Never Died won with 46% of the 180 votes.
Final title will be:
Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action

:) Does "Halo Never Died" sound grammatically correct? I wasn't thinking too much about it, just the Spartans never die, they're just missing in action when I wrote it. Would Halo Didn't Die sound better?

Mix

:) Does "Halo Never Died" sound grammatically correct? I wasn't thinking too much about it, just the Spartans never die, they're just missing in action when I wrote it. Would Halo Didn't Die sound better?

Halo never Died is good, bud. It plays off the series quote fine :)

This is the weirdest Page 117 we've ever seen, I think.

Madness

Apparently Strongside is now on the 343 team to help them with Halo 5 guardians. They're really stacking up a lot of pro players at 343. Probably were shocked by the loss to team IGN, want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Congrats to him though. Learned of this news from the late, great Heckfu who is still banned.

Impala26

Not sure if you saw earlier:
9fuMgxk.jpg

The flamethrower usually has a "shark" on it, thought this might look neat for your avatar. Just throwin it out there. If you don't want to use it, you won't hurt my feelings.

Hey Fahz, do you think you can help me to put something in the upper part of my avatar? I was thinking of either puting the Prophet's golden throne crests over top of the horns or like the Halo logo "O" or a halo ring hologram in the space between the horns. I don't have PS and I certainly can't do something that technical with MS Paint at work, lol.

Edit: Thanks Over and Dwells. Great work. Don't know if I'll get banned if I use Over's version though.

ccR62qa.jpg

I could also make it more "worn" looking, or not have the whole spartan. It's w/e, I enjoy tinkering around with this stuff. =)

Damn it, I have to wank off to HaloGAF again.

Even still, you'd then have teams of players picking up DMR while you're stuck spawning with lower aim AR or BR. Others have said similar things, but lowering aim assist, bullet magnetism, increasing strafe speed would alleviate some problems, but the biggest change would just be reducing it to BR 2X scope while keeping it single shot and identical kill times. I'd prefer a single shot weapon over burst fire easily.

Simple fact is, with DMR you could just shoot too far, too accurately.

I think if it was there as a power weapon, it wouldn't be too big of a deal. But I'd also be happy with any nerfing, or completely removing it.

I recognise it can cause issues in things like BTB.

They should keep it purely for swat though. It's so damn satisfying to pull off a triple kill with 3 shots in quick succession.

Anyway, we know it's staying because it was in the Halo 5 beta video.

There's a lot of stuff in that trailer, a lot of which I'm hoping isn't representative of the actual game.

jem0208

There's a lot of stuff in that trailer, a lot of which I'm hoping isn't representative of the actual game.

No, I'm referring to the ingame trailer thing.

It was one of the renders:

DaNRdel.png

As well as this weird-ass rocket launcher...

5DkrhzE.png

Even still, you'd then have teams of players picking up DMR while you're stuck spawning with lower aim AR or BR. Others have said similar things, but lowering aim assist, bullet magnetism, increasing strafe speed would alleviate some problems, but the biggest change would just be reducing it to BR 2X scope while keeping it single shot and identical kill times. I'd prefer a single shot weapon over burst fire easily.

Simple fact is, with DMR you could just shoot too far, too accurately.

Well that's just like any other power weapon you pick up on the map.

Yeah, I am not feeling that Rocket Launcher at all. I wonder if it is a different weapon for a non infantry purpose, and the traditional RL is in the game as well.

Hey Fahz, do you think you can help me to put something in the upper part of my avatar? I was thinking of either puting the Prophet's golden throne crests over top of the horns or like the Halo logo "O" or a halo ring hologram in the space between the horns. I don't have PS and I certainly can't do something that technical with MS Paint at work, lol.

Quick job. Let me know if you like it lol. It's a pretty funny idea you had there.

RhNXAGZ.jpg

Booshka

Strongside is a great hire, one of the most calm, humble and hard working Halo Pros. Dude could game harder than anyone I know of, and never really went on tilt either. Should be great for 343 to have someone so even keeled that can just marathon game all day. Tell you what's really going on, without chewing off your ear.

RoKKeR

Well, I figured Page 117 was as good a place as any. I am no longer going to be checking the votes for the OT title. Here is the final tally.

Looks like Halo Never Died won with 46% of the 180 votes.
Final title will be:
Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action

Nice, I think this is a good title. I voted for the 104 maps one but this would have been my second choice.

We can get silly with OT2.

Impala26

True. Maybe they should make this one laser guided ala H2 ( like the original H2 MP showing with Joe Staten). :)

"Just paint your target and let 'em fly!"

God I miss Joe... :-(

(I think we all know him leaving Bungie before Destiny dropped was a bad omen of things to come)

EDIT: Wasn't this the case pretty much for the Spnkr in Reach and Halo 4--that it locked onto airborne vehicles if you "painted" them with your cursor for like 2-3 seconds?

AlStrong

"Just paint your target and let 'em fly!"

God I miss Joe... :-(

(I think we all know him leaving Bungie before Destiny dropped was a bad omen of things to come)

TAKE IT!!

Ah... good times...

EDIT: Wasn't this the case pretty much for the Spnkr in Reach and Halo 4--that it locked onto airborne vehicles if you "painted" them with your cursor for like 2-3 seconds?

Can't remember Reach (hur hur). But yeah for Reach & H4, you had to let it lock-on, but after that it was pretty much fire and forget. I suppose laser (reticle) guided can make you that much more exposed to danger (until one gives up or until one scores the hit).

VinFTW

Fairly certain that's just the rocket launcher best for infantry (hence being shown in an Arena MP reveal) and the SPNKR will be in BTB or whatever.

I'm not worried.

tumblr_m6bmcgbj2e1rziwwco2_500.gif

jem0208

The part about this I dislike the most is that it's similar to the pelican redesign in that it takes something that was futuristic and unique looking, and replaces it with archaic style for absolutely not reason.

Example:

I don't think the Pelican re-design is particularly archaic. However I do agree about the rocket launcher.

It's going to be a Rocket that shoots wild, like those WW2 ones. When asked why, "Balance. Halo Rockets used to be overpowered being a 1sk, so we decided to better balance things by adding a layer of randomness to the mix, allowing for lesser skilled players to potentially survive an encounter that they otherwise might've died."

Top Bottom