• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Booshka

Not enough bandwidth

attachment.php

Proximity chat needs to be Old school shit tier voice codec like it was in Halo 2 so that I get proper nostalgia when I get trash talked.

Madness

FYI, Amazon won't price match the phones from Dell.com. Grumble grumble grumble.

Best Buy will though right?

Yeah Best Buy should. I got Best Buy in Canada to price match those. I think Amazon never price matches, but they do have a price notification thing where you can send links of the same product cheaper elsewhere and they'll eventually drop price. I've done it before and I think they matched competitor price quietly like 2 days later. Just opened mine. Came with adapter, headset and a usb/micro USB cable which is for controller update, but I'll just keep it as spare charging cable. Quality is solid though. Very comfy and the voice dongle is almost hidden when not in use.

Random17

I'm curious as to how weapon customization/vehicle customization could work in the Campaign only... it could add to replayability but only if there are good sandbox encounters to go with them. RNG loot sounds awful though.

list is growing, already 5 people
ive sent everyone of you a buddy request

CE Love List
What is it for?
As there is no dedicated CE playlist on launch we team up to force win the map elections in 4v4, 8v8 or FFA playlist in CEs favour
as we target to get full teams going, our election win is pretty much guaranteed
this is also a great way to get in contact with other CE fans for potential Customs and stuff

Participants:

beamimpact
FUNKNOWN iXi
Welfare Queen I
NeedlerFanPudge
Class A Ninja

Please add me to that list

I haven't even played Destiny and I don't think that's true.

Halo 4 has left me permanently scarred.

Destiny is a turd. Barely any content and what little content there was is boring and poorly designed (with the raid being the 1 exception). The story is nonexistent. The loot system was a joke.

PvP was kinda fun. Bungie knows how to make shooters that feel good, but everything else was a waste of my money. No other game has made me so pissed that I paid full price.

At least with Halo 4, 343 actually tried. And there's a few fun gametypes.

-Ryn

Banned
list is growing, already 5 people
ive sent everyone of you a buddy request

CE Love List
What is it for?
As there is no dedicated CE playlist on launch we team up to force win the map elections in 4v4, 8v8 or FFA playlist in CEs favour
as we target to get full teams going, our election win is pretty much guaranteed
this is also a great way to get in contact with other CE fans for potential Customs and stuff

Participants:

beamimpact
FUNKNOWN iXi
Welfare Queen I
NeedlerFanPudge
Class A Ninja
Count me in for some CE good times when I have a One. GT is Ninjarage93.

^I wish they had one of just Legendary gametypes

You know, if Halo 5 has big team battle the size that the rumors say, I would like the return of the Invasion gametype, that was one of the biggest positives of Reach, and I would love for it to come back.

You know, if Halo 5 has big team battle the size that the rumors say, I would like the return of the Invasion gametype, that was one of the biggest positives of Reach, and I would love for it to come back.

Wouldn't mind that one bit. I'd hope they'd mix it up a bit more than just unlock all the doors, grab the thing, and cap it, though.

Madness

Hmm... SWAT playlist has Halo 4, but no Complex? As bad as that map can be, SWAT plays extremely "fun/well" on it, especially with decent teams. That's just my opinion though. Maybe it's because I played it so much I got used to it. I have yet to even okay Vertigo once in Halo 4 though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Wow, I should really get my homework done so I don't have to do it on Tuesday.

CliQ

FUNKNOWN I feel like we haven't had a bonding moment about Halo: CE in a while so i wanted to talk about how the Plasma Rifle is so much better in Ce than any other Halo. Dare I say it can challenge the Pistol and the Shotgun.

GhaleonEB

Destiny is a turd. Barely any content and what little content there was is boring and poorly designed (with the raid being the 1 exception). The story is nonexistent. The loot system was a joke.

PvP was kinda fun. Bungie knows how to make shooters that feel good, but everything else was a waste of my money. No other game has made me so pissed that I paid full price.

At least with Halo 4, 343 actually tried. And there's a few fun gametypes.

Halo 4 failed to nail the gameplay, though. It was just straight up not fun to play the campaign; it was the only Halo campaign I played once and had zero desire to ever touch again. It was awful straight to the core. Destiny is a joy to play, but the missions are dreary and repetitive. Yet, I play them again anyways because the underlying game is actually fun. Different flaws, but between them I'll take the one that's actually enjoyable to play.

Saw a few mentions back on page 5 or so wondering if I had regrets about going PS4 and missing the MCC. The answer is, I wish I could play the MCC - it looks glorious - but would still go the way I did this generation. I played Halo 4. I'm good.

Random17

Halo 4 failed to nail the gameplay, though. It was just straight up not fun to play the campaign; it was the only Halo campaign I played once and had zero desire to ever touch again. It was awful straight to the core. Destiny is a joy to play, but the missions are dreary and repetitive. Yet, I play them again anyways because the underlying game is actually fun. Different flaws, but between them I'll take the one that's actually enjoyable to play.

Saw a few mentions back on page 5 or so wondering if I had regrets about going PS4 and missing the MCC. The answer is, I wish I could play the MCC - it looks glorious - but would still go the way I did this generation. I played Halo 4. I'm good.

But can you blame on the base gunplay? I'd blame on it the weakish Covenant AI and the uninteresting encounters/level design.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Every minute I played Destiny it felt like I was playing a console adaptation of a freemium game. Except they didn't allow for you to purchase your way through advancement.

But the general concept was the same. Entice the user just enough with a little carrot so they keep coming back to play the shitty game and keep putting time into it hoping for a shinier carrot. Then once you get the shiny carrot you can go into the big nasty garden and hope for a polished carrot that spews glitter from it's leaves.

Entice the user just enough with a little carrot so they keep coming back to play the shitty game and keep putting time into it hoping for a shinier carrot. Then once you get the shiny carrot you can go into the big nasty garden and hope for a polished carrot that spews glitter from it's leaves.

Freud.

I found Halo 4's campaign and gameplay a lot more enjoyable than Destiny's.
FUNKNOWN I feel like we haven't had a bonding moment about Halo: CE in a while so i wanted to talk about how the Plasma Rifle is so much better in Ce than any other Halo. Dare I say it can challenge the Pistol and the Shotgun.
Plasma Rifle and Plasma Pistol were both fun. Using the PP felt rewarding because you needed a fast trigger finger and the punch was just a FIST of FURY!

Can't wait. Too bad it'll be the last option to vote for and it still doesn't randomize ties ;\

Top Bottom