• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Onikaan

I can live with an animation to bring up sights. Just about.

Alright. I'm going seriously into devil's advocate territory here.

ASSUMING that Halo 5's ADS doesn't slow down your movement speed, and assuming you can still hip fire with complete accuracy, how exactly is this different?

It looks like hip fire's still there. It's really quite odd to see ADS it in Halo, though. I do not like. But you're right. I'll dial it back a bit and reserve judgement until Monday.

Wait a second.

Pause it at the very start.

Still can hip fire with accuracy.

It just appears that there is an animation to bring up sights.

The real question now is if aiming down the sights slows you down.

If the mechanic works like it does in other Halo games then no issue, but even then how does this work with descoping? Maybe it's just an animation like you said, but right now it looks like ADS.

LMFAO

RIP HALO

ADS AND SPRINT

http://i.gyazo.com/c8266004805e6f1e75f9eb065ca796de.mp4

gg, im seriously fucking done with this franchise

Umm... I'm trying my best to be mature about this, but let's just say my hype is lost.

Until gameplay mechanics are explained I will reserve judgement, but this goes against Halo and why we love it. Looks like they are going to shaft themselves into another "look at me I can do it too!" It will be labeled as a Titanfall Advanced Warfare wannabe.

This is my salty yet realistic prediction.

JTGreat

I've never commented in here before because generally I don't hate 4 as much as most of you, and you all scare me with your hatred... but this I get.

Seriously, fuck ADS, get that shit outta here.

iMax

Out of interest, does anyone have a reason for why they don't want ADS in Halo other than "because it doesn't belong in the game" or "I don't like it"? What actual issues does it bring up?

Sprint, however, can sod right off.

so how long until we hear "trust us, it feels like halo"

also for those of you who are trying to convince yourselves ads works differently then it does it destiny/cod/titanfall/bf you're only setting yourselves up for disappointment.

ultimota

I'am the kind of person who will always look for the positives in things but NO!

JUST FREAKING NO!

ADS HAS NO PLACE IN THIS GAME.
my heart sank the moment i seen this :'(

this can't be happening :'(

Alright. I'm going seriously into devil's advocate territory here.

ASSUMING that Halo 5's ADS doesn't slow down your movement speed, and assuming you can still hip fire with complete accuracy, how exactly is this different?

It just looks like a prettier zoom.

See the thing that's great about Halo zoom is you don't have a giant gun in your view. It's clean.

Look at how wildly he sways his weapon as he sprints too. Looks comical.

Raide

Out of interest, does anyone have a reason for why they don't want ADS in Halo other than "because it doesn't belong in the game" or "I don't like it"? What actual issues does it bring up?

Normally it is because the majority of games that have ADS slow down the players to help with their accuracy. Halo should be fast paced but it ain't no Quake or UT.

willow ve

Guys, stop with the salt for a second. I agree it's completely justified if this is really ADS, however from the little information we have it may not be. From the clip you can see that hip fire accuracy doesn't appear to be reduced, that's one of the major issues with ADS potentially sorted. The next issue is if movement speed is reduced when zoomed. It doesn't look like it's possible to tell from the footage if it is. However if it isn't then that's the other issue sorted.

Like I said earlier, this just becomes a "prettier" scope.
One is a physical motion that a player model takes.

The other is augmented scope zoom linked through a Spartan's HUD.

Those are fundamentally different.

QuarrelsomeElasticAvians.gif

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Sprint is back in Halo 5? Fuck that. Thrusters would be so much better. Hopefully it's just for that specific gametype or something.

EDIT: ADS too? I guess I probably won't ever be getting an Xbox One then.

Just like sprint, you're choosing between mobility and shooting. If you want to get kills, you have to ADS and move slowly. The whole point of Halo is to be able to strafe, or move while shooting simultaneously. The good news from that video is that hip-fire accuracy looks completely intact and perhaps the ADS is just a "prettier scope".

RoKKeR

It's amazing that 343 has managed to piss away the good will they've had leading up to release with this. All of the discussion we've had about Sprint and ADS for Halo to come out and look like this...

iMax

Just like sprint, you're choosing between mobility and shooting. If you want to get kills, you have to ADS and move slowly. The whole point of Halo is to be able to strafe, or move while shooting simultaneously. The good news from that video is that hip-fire accuracy looks completely intact and perhaps the ADS is just a "prettier scope".

Not necessarily. Titanfall has a great perk that allows players to move just as fast, even sprint, whilst using ADS. Just helps accuracy, that's all.

As I said months ago, ADS could be an interesting way to add another level of balance to different weapons, say more powerful weapons don't have ADS, and less powerful, single-shot ones do. That could be the situation here.

Ampoc

Neo Member
I also want to ask, the fuck happened to the energy sword? Looks like it has been stacking some pounds off some Doritos Double EXP because that shit does not look like an Energy Sword.

VinFTW

It's now clear he asked about the difference between ADS and non-ADS when I said it. Remember him and ExWife got into a quantative/qualitative debate during it then? Frank knew all along they had added ADS and was trying to soften the blow.

Can you find that post?

MaGlock

And then on the 3rd day I looked to the east to see Stinkles proclaiming this is all a terrible nightmare, from an old build before they realized how well OG halo 2 would be received

Tawpgun

Ads confirmed?

Shiiiiiiiiit. They have to realize the backlash it will cause....

Best we can hope for now is it's a purely cosmetic thing. Maybe they'll have a smart link scope

ADS does look like fake ADS. I hope that's the case. I do not want ADS in my Halo.

Why does no one have a capture card and get some direct feed footage?

Top Bottom