• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
iveIRIk.gif

The gif is slowed down, that's about two and a half seconds top...
Forget smart scope this is the most canon killing thing, flying Spartan that punches ground for a shockwave.

I get that it's sort of like a grav. hammer replacement tho.

Computer

iveIRIk.gif

Basically, it's pretty damn fast.

Also, don't forget the fact that if you dash into someone it's an instakill. That will be so annoying.

Burn that with fire. People that have played H5 keep saying that no one hardly uses the new Spartan ability's so they are no big deal. Tell that to the real world when every kid just runs around ground pounding or thruster punching people for cool easy kills.

If the Ground Pound turns out to be OP, might just be best to make that a mechanic for the Gravity Hammer.

Also, what's the difference with the Prophet's Bane, did they talk about that yet?

EDIT:
I get that it's sort of like a grav. hammer replacement tho.
Funny timing.

If the Ground Pound turns out to be OP, might just be best to make that a mechanic for the Gravity Hammer.

Also, what's the difference with the Prophet's Bane, did they talk about that yet?

EDIT:
Funny timing.

You move faster and have a greater lunge. It also sticks out in full view more.

Madness

EDIT:
Funny timing.

Legendary power weapon, provides carrier with faster movement and greater lunge.

Woorloog

Banned
Hoping the halo 1 pistol is a legendary power weapon. Call it Keyes magnum or some nonsense and dong all day long

Not a bad idea actually, if one must have the whole concept of Legendary Weapons (another thing i'm not sure i like about Halo 5).

So, what possibilities there are? The Prophets' Bane, Keyes's Magnum, Fist of Rukt (Tartarus's hammer)... The Chief's MA5B (60 round legendary AR?)? The Prophet of Regret's plasma pistol (he has one in the fiction AND in Halo 2 if you knock him off his chair)?
Other possibilities include, i think, a sniper rifle (Yun, Linda, Romeo), possibly a shotgun (Emile, perhaps some Spartan II?)... heck, any named character who uses only one weapon in practice.
Not saying all of these should be there, just listing possibilities.

Fuchsdh

And it should also have an ammo pickup for it somewhere on the map since Keyes doesn't keep it loaded. :p

Have they ever explained what the hell the point of that line is? You magically get ammo right before you face the Grunts thirty feet away anyhow. Is it just so you don't immediately go trigger-happy on the bridge crew?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
iveIRIk.gif

Basically, it's pretty damn fast.

Also, don't forget the fact that if you dash into someone it's an instakill. That will be so annoying.

many of the instances where it was successful seemed to me that the player could have just as easily gotten the kill with their gun in about the same time as the charge AND not put themselves in danger.this is something that will really need play testing to see how effective or not effective it is. most hands on say it was rather difficult to use and not worth the effort.

Woorloog

Banned
Have they ever explained what the hell the point of that line is? You magically get ammo right before you face the Grunts thirty feet away anyhow. Is it just so you don't immediately go trigger-happy on the bridge crew?

As you say, to prevent you from going trigger happy. I'm thinking the Chief actually had ammo but reloaded the weapon while walking away from the bridge.

-Sgt Johnson's Spartan Laser/Divine Intervention Scorpion Tank
-Master Chief's Assault Rifle
-Jun's Sniper Rifle
-Emile's Overshield/"I'M READY! HOW BOUT YOU!?"
-Arbiter's Cloak
-343's Sentinel Laser
-Dr. Halsey eeeeevil voice

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
luke smith armor lock.
"At this point in the development armor lock is super powerfull... I love it."

So with the differences to the Prophet's Bane, I would like to see an Energy Sword that when you press B, you put your Sword in front of you, draining energy to block bullets while leaving your head partially exposed to headshots.

For example, Arbiter vs MC in Halo Legends. Have it drain fast when absorbing bullets, similar to a Plasma Pistol charging.

So with the differences to the Prophet's Bane, I would like to see an Energy Sword that when you press B, you put your Sword in front of you, draining energy to block bullets while leaving your head partially exposed to headshots.

I would rather have the Sword be the only weapon you can sprint with but it gradually drains the Sword's ammo. That would go better with your ground pound Gravity Hammer. Each melee weapon enhances movement in some way.

GavinGT

Banned

I always saw it as a bit of tutorializing, where they're trying to tell the player to be on the lookout for ammo pickups.

Wow halo channel is a piece of shit. I try to watch nightfall and everytime it goes "Up next: The Bulliten" or some other random show. Play what I select, fuck.

For example, Arbiter vs MC in Halo Legends. Have it drain fast when absorbing bullets, similar to a Plasma Pistol charging.
God Damn, The Packages script was hokey as fuck, every other line was a shoe horned reference to the games

Was able to play some matchmaking earlier this morning. Then my campus internet shat the bed and went down for a few hours. Now it's back and xbox live is down. Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom