• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Make all playlists ranked. Those that don't care about rank, don't need to worry what number they're given, and those who need ranks are able to utilize a variety of playlists to gauge improvement and feedback. Menke said naturally the system will bring everyone up to 30 at least, 30-40 somewhat random, an then 45+ is brutal and what only the top tier players and pros will be able to get.

I'm not even some tryhard player, I'm probably garbage tier at this point now, but I'd want every playlist ranked for some reason now. If I don't care enough to say play competitively and just want to goof off, let my rank reflect it in the playlist. But I feel it won't happen, social playlists will be needed, because people don't want to be told how bad they are, or accept that they're bad.

I think some playlists don't really need the ranks though just based on the nature of the gametype. Like... Action Sack ranked? I guess if you just make everything the lulz will reveal themselves and it will all balance out in the end anyway so... That might just work.

Random17

That's interesting that you guys bring up the hero point about Chief in mid Halo 4; I noticed that the marines could not stop talking about the previous events in the Halo trilogy when they were around the Chief. Definitely had some interesting pieces of random dialogue in there.

To a certain extent the celebrations were dampened by the situation as hand as well as Del Rio's sillyness.

MC got his full and official welcome back in the final mission anyway, so I do not see this as a major issue in the game. What's odd and disappointing is that I didn't hear the word "demon" quite nearly as I wanted to in the game.

willow ve

Does the Xbox One get better wireless download speeds?

My old ass Xbox 360 is plinking along at 0.5 MB/s trying to download this 1.5GB BF4 map pack (got premium for free - don't judge me). It's just laughably slow (considering the same Xbox can pull 5MB/s when streaming HD video).

Kampfheld

Banned
I just felt I clarify that my comment I made earlier in this thread really was just connected to the scope of a new mode introduced at some point. Again, a video game can hardly create scenarios that are described in books with thousands of words and it wasn't my intention to overhype things right now. It was important for me to add that here. Please keep that in mind and have a great night :)

belushy

Banned
Why? Make all playlists ranked. Those that don't care about rank, don't need to worry what number they're given, and those who need ranks are able to utilize a variety of playlists to gauge improvement and feedback. Menke said naturally the system will bring everyone up to 30 at least, 30-40 somewhat random, an then 45+ is brutal and what only the top tier players and pros will be able to get.

I'm not even some tryhard player, I'm probably garbage tier at this point now, but I'd want every playlist ranked for some reason now. If I don't care enough to say play competitively and just want to goof off, let my rank reflect it in the playlist. But I feel it won't happen, social playlists will be needed, because people don't want to be told how bad they are, or accept that they're bad.

I don't know, I just don't really like the idea of ranked playlists that are cross-game. You made a good point though, I'd probably not play in those playlists for the rank.

MouldyK

I just felt I clarify that my comment I made earlier in this thread really was just connected to the scope of a new mode introduced at some point. Again, a video game can hardly create scenarios that are described in books with thousands of words and it wasn't my intention to overhype things right now. It was important for me to add that here. Please keep that in mind and have a great night :)

Too bad, the hype is already made.

Ahahahahaha, no. Pandora's box has been opened, if the new BTB isn't Vulture-sized then Halo is dad.

Just got the last Halo 2A Terminal

Bout to watch the secret terminal that comes after you get all the others.

It's about Fred and Linda hhhnnnnnnngnggggggggg

EDIT: There are two extra terminals unlocked by getting all the others goddamn heart attack bah gawd

CliQ

hBclf3r.jpg

MCC Throwdown Week 2!!!

8v8 CTF Bloodline
8v8 1 Flag CTF Stone Town

Send me a PM with your GT and skill level (1-10) if you want to play.

Here are the signups so far.

xGranadier
xCliQuEx
Jayrme D
Welfare Queen I
Kaizen Gamer
TheShocker024

See you on the battlefield!

TheXbox

Man, Chief has such a badass aura about him in the first few games.

Arbiter: "The human that killed the Prophet of Regret. Who was it?"

Tartarus: "Who do you think?"

Arbiter legit shook: "The Demon is here?"

Then he's a bitch in Halo 4 that nobody even cares about "Oh hey thought you'd be taller sup"
Aye, one of many offenses from Halo 4's story.

I just can't conceive how Master Chief can be perceived as anything less than a mythical savior after Halo 3. Especially the advertising, lol. "A hero need not speak...", and those fucking Believe ads where they invoke his name like he's an actual messiah. Even in the games, between all the Christ parallels and the reverence the marines show for him, by Halo 3 Master Chief has already cemented himself as a legendary, historical figure. And rightfully so, considering he is solely responsible for the salvation of the human race.

Enter Halo 4. "I thought you'd be taller." Fuck off.

Maybe in Halo 5 they'll fix their mistake. That reveal trailer for MCC where Arbiter is going on about the legends of the Chief is promising.

Oh snap one of the extra terminals shows Regret dun fuckin up and heading to Earth by himself. He was in it for glory.

EDIT: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck the Fred/Linda one is only after getting ALL terminals across ALL games fuuucuckckcmad]smfgkpsdngnasdgasdfasdfasdfasdgasd

Ghazi

Also, the word "instant" in combination with the ground pound is already wrong by the mechanic alone. You need time to charge for your ground pound. That's far from "instant".

iveIRIk.gif

The gif is slowed down, that's about two and a half seconds top...

Basically, it's pretty damn fast.

Also, don't forget the fact that if you dash into someone it's an instakill. That will be so annoying.

daedalius

iveIRIk.gif

Also, don't forget the fact that if you dash into someone it's an instakill. That will be so annoying.

Omg them Space Marine feels, looks so good.

I'm starting to make some extra Reclaimer Radio goodies for, like, the two and a half people in our fanbase:

ilsJpDkbfzYTv.png

iVGUKbGgNkOZp.png

Click to tenaydeepee-en. I'm thinking one wallpaper per host for now, with a text on / text off variation.

belushy

Banned
iveIRIk.gif

Do you mean the charge? That is only an insta-kill if hit from the back.

iveIRIk.gif

i also think its too strong, but even if it would just do enough damage for the shield you still could instantly lunge-melee for the finish
at least in a timeframe in which the attacked person tries to turn around
so imo even if its being reduced in damage this wont change that much i guess

but thats what the beta is for, to ballance stuff like this

I spent the day jacking around in cea knocking out more achievements. Did "Pacifist" on easy lol. Yeah that wasnt that difficult. On a different note, i thought the "that just happened" achievement would be the hardest. Not even close. "Tying up loose ends" was awful. You never know if youve managed to trigger all the elite spawns at the end. So you go run around to check and all of a sudden elites and grunts start spawning on you in the most open areas with no cover. And the game stopped giving me check points so i kept having to do 30 minutes worth of work over and over again to get to the point of my last death.

Madness

Hopefully they change the medal placement from the bottom of the screen. I think the placement and text is perfect for H2A and hope that's what they use again having it on the left side of the screen. Don't need a scope at the bottom and medals popping up as well.

Saganism

Banned
Hopefully they change the medal placement from the bottom of the screen. I think the placement and text is perfect for H2A and hope that's what they use again having it on the left side of the screen. Don't need a scope at the bottom and medals popping up as well.

I disagree. I think it looks amazing there. It's addicting and adds that satisfaction of getting kills. Kill feed is still there to the left in a better place imo, next/below radar.

UI looks awesome in H5 tbh so far

daedalius

So we found out the other night that halo 4 doesn't have red x's again, but it does appear to have the turbo update.

Not really sure how that happened.

Also looks like all the maps are original, like haven with no jump pads down below.

So we found out the other night that halo 4 doesn't have red x's again, but it does appear to have the turbo update.

Also looks like all the maps are original, like haven with no jump pads down below.

"exactly as you remember them."

Welfare

"Halo. It's so new, unfinished."

-Ryn

Banned
iveIRIk.gif

You mean the shoulder check thing? Nah that doesn't insta kill. Though if you're talking about hitting someone in mid air while you are blasting towards the ground then yes. Yes it does.
And I like it.

I wonder if you can assasinate someone who has started their blazing decent.

It feels like Halo
The fall of Reach

damn, the hype is real
Oh god my sides xD

I'm starting to make some extra Reclaimer Radio goodies for, like, the two and a half people in our fanbase:

Click to tenaydeepee-en. I'm thinking one wallpaper per host for now, with a text on / text off variation.
Those are amazing. Nice job mang.
What do you use to make these btw? I'm assuming photoshop.

So if I remember right the Halo 4 terminals are really easy/fast to find.

Halo 3 has some fast ones, some right at the end of the level.

What about Halo CE? How are those?

Halo 2A took me like an hour, maybe an hour and a half. There were a few that were deep into the levels.

iveIRIk.gif

this is why I find it all to be sorta BS when it comes to these abilities being "fair" and "balanced". Just because Everyone has them doesn't mean it won't be easy enough to get kills and abuse. Oh but the risk and reward factor is too high.. BS. Why are you kidding yourselves saying that?

Yeah sure we need to play to be sure about it, but right off the bat I honestly believe more tweaking and nerfing needs to be applied for this to be trully "Equal", "Balanced", "Fair" while its not really in perspective just having them anyhow and the requirements to execute them are needed.

this is why I find it all to be sorta BS when it comes to these abilities being "fair" and "balanced". Just because Everyone has them doesn't mean it won't be easy enough to get kills and abuse. Oh but the risk and reward factor is too high.. BS. Why are you kidding yourselves saying that?

Yeah sure we need to play to be sure about it, but right off the bat I honestly believe more tweaking and nerfing needs to be applied for this to be trully "Equal", "Balanced", "Fair" while its not really in perspective just having them anyhow and the requirements to execute them are needed.
Id prefer the ground pound be equivalent to melee. You can get a 1 hit kill from behind or its just like hitting someone head on. That would make the ground pound something you can use to try and get an assasination if the circumstances are right but not something youd try every single time you see someone below you. That makes more sense to me rather than adding another op ability like armor lock turned out to be.

EDIT: tldr make it a game general gameplay element, not a specific offensive ability. In a high place and want to get down quickly? Ground pound. Someone runs by with out seeing you, sure try to ground pound for an assassination or to start an encounter/duel with at least a health advantage.

MaGlock

Getting shit on by matchmaking tonight. I guess I had to get no love one of these nights. 35 minutes since my last match. I spend 3-4 Minutes in a play list it either does nothing or I get match making failed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom