• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Haruko

Has anyone else double-taked at these, thinking they were frag grenades?

ndBjPXY.png

Haruko

Was looking at historic stats on my account(s), pre-MCC launch.

e23l3jp.png

The H5 Beta is about to surpass the pre-MCC H4 lifetime counts for me. I know I reached 101 wins in 150 games yesterday.

Now I just need to reverse that shameful K/D trend. Growing old sucks; don't do it

TTUVAPOR

Banned
A funny stat would be, how many games played do you have of Halo 5 beta compared to games played of Halo MCC?

Or compare total time played with H5 to MCC....lol. I'm willing to bet people have surpassed their time played with MCC.

Kinda sad actually when you think about it. The Halo 5 beta works better than a fully-launched game.

Haruko

According to Waypoint, on MCC i have:

TOTAL MULTIPLAYER GAMES PLAYED

I haven't played more than 5 since the H5 Beta began.

Ramirez

Did you play with a whole team of competent people and win a lot? If so, there you go. It's a lot harder when you win 5 games and move up 30 points then lose 2 because of AFK or away teammates and drop 45.

If only there was a forum, where like minded gamers could team up and play together.

If only...

-Ryn

Banned
Like minded? Does anyone else on this forum think the Dallas Cowboys were the best team in the playoffs?
Who are the Dallas Cowboys?
:p

Right, next stop on my legendary playthrough is the big underwater hallway with all the snipers. Think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to tackle that, save me some frustration. :p
Don't forget to thank our lord and savior Godzilla for helping you through your troubles

dwells

I haven't been in here or on Halo 5 for a week or so, anything interesting happen? Forum drama, MCC news, new H5 maps/modes, etc.?

Blueblur1

Has anyone else double-taked at these, thinking they were frag grenades?

ndBjPXY.png

Same here. I really dislike the amount of clutter on the maps. They've focused too much on making the maps attractive this time around. I would dial it back a bit. (I especially dislike the grass decorators on Regret; they're impossible to see through when coming up the left rampart.)

Was looking at historic stats on my account(s), pre-MCC launch.

The H5 Beta is about to surpass the pre-MCC H4 lifetime counts for me. I know I reached 101 wins in 150 games yesterday.

Now I just need to reverse that shameful K/D trend. Growing old sucks; don't do it

Is kinds sad for MCC if you think about it.

Ranking system blows. I've been blowing kids out of the water for days now and I'm still stuck in Bronze 3. My KDR is 2.10 and I've won nearly 50 games now. The system is broken. Or maybe it's just working.....as intended.

I agree, the final game needs some individual AND team based ranked playlists. The other night I had 4 games in a row with an AFK or quitter on my team and had 3.0 & 4.0 KDR in each game. It sucks to consistently finish top of your losing team and ranked down. It also sucks my friends want to play Destiny more than H5 beta as the latency down here sucks just about every game. We really need to choose our dedis region with H5, not the game, not the developers...give the players the manual choice to fix games to a region. Period.

I knew I wasn't going crazy about the rockets. Sometimes I hit the trigger and it doesn't fire, requiring a 2nd press, feels very janky overall.

I have the same thing with switching weapons, about 1 in 4 or 5 games I have to do the second weapon switch press twice.

Other janky things are the Strongholds post carnage report doesn't show capture/defend stats at all but the during game back button screen does? I'd like to know how much objective play factors into rank for H5 as well. I've had multiple games in a row where I've captured double digit strongholds and teammates have like 1 or 2 caps/defends. I hope the final release game really weights objectives in the game scoring, post game reports and player ranks too. It's another element to rank that can help separate solo vs. team play.

First "Clusterluck" medal too. Below that an "Armageddon" medal. I didn't know they existed.
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/3013400d-6d5d-4aeb-a36b-61844546e542
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/64bb1b91-22f8-43dd-a6bd-6310dea4887c

Also here's an example of latency horseshit as usual, which stops my friends from wanting to play the beta:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/08827f97-d9c5-41b5-ba7a-31138e9da9f6
(skip to 20secs, but there is another instance of melee BS at 9secs)

Here's another BS melee moment for good measure
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/f590d9d6-f25a-4b88-ae96-72df09c77847
(skip to 21secs)

FyreWulff

Holy shit indeed. Is there still a large Rock Band fanbase?

In the Harmonix livestream today, they said the Rock Band 3 UUs are still in the six digits (they can't share specifics due to the source of numbers not allowing them to share them) monthly.

Magni

Does anyone wanna play Halo 1/2? Tired of playing with mute idiots.

SMG CTF, not a single person with their mic in. I'm done, did not hear a single person talk for the past three hours.

If you're playing team Halo and you don't wear a mic, you deserve a swift kick to the balls/pussy. Party chat has ruined XBL.

Madness

So these matches still happen in Slayer for me. Even worse was that everyone on the opposing team was a higher rank than me and the top guy on our team. You'd think at over 50+ matches in Slayer, the skill matching would be better. I haven't gone negative or low in so long, and yet stuck in these basement tiers with players. I'm not a pro player by any means, but definitely better than where they have me.

VinFTW

So these matches still happen in Slayer for me. Even worse was that everyone on the opposing team was a higher rank than me and the top guy on our team. You'd think at over 50+ matches in Slayer, the skill matching would be better. I haven't gone negative or low in so long, and yet stuck in these basement tiers with players. I'm not a pro player by any means, but definitely better than where they have me.

Stop worrying about who you're matching against lol its a beta with a very small population. MM times are prioritized, if not, you'd be waiting a while.

dwells

I haven't been in here or on Halo 5 for a week or so, anything interesting happen? Forum drama, MCC news, new H5 maps/modes, etc.?

Bumping that since it got lost in the above.

Got my answer on Master Chief Collection though. They're making a Halo 2 only Team Hardcore playlist. So apparently they're not willing to admit that the Halo 2 Classic netcode is completely broken and the BR doesn't work outside of close range. Even on Midship and Warlock it's a major problem. I honestly can't think of a worse playlist for Halo 2 Classic the way it is than Team Hardcore.

Ramirez

Got my answer on Master Chief Collection though. They're making a Halo 2 only Team Hardcore playlist. So apparently they're not willing to admit that the Halo 2 Classic netcode is completely broken and the BR doesn't work outside of close range. Even on Midship and Warlock it's a major problem. I honestly can't think of a worse playlist for Halo 2 Classic the way it is than Team Hardcore.

The BR was always trash off host for me, even on the Xbox version.

Objective only playlist for MCC. Bam, great news. Now if I could only find a match when searching or have a party of mates hold together...then the road to Melbourne & Sydney Azure dedis...

Madness

I kinda want to make a 2nd account, tank in all 10 games and see if I can climb out of the lower ranks.

You should, I guarantee you'll feel like slamming the controller through the television when you get put with randoms going 3-12 while you're #1 player everytime. You'll win +14 progression one match, lose +11 the next etc. Every match is a crap shoot with randoms. I'm certain were I to team up with people from here I'll go up. Also, even though you're pro/semi-pro tier, there is only so much a skilled player can do when your own team doesn't communicate or work together, playing like lone wolves, leaving you to routinely fight 1v2, 1v3 battles. Though you never know.

Ramirez

Prinz Eugn and I already did this. Still put in Onyx III.

You figure that shit out.

The system is aware.

^ I mean that happens to me when I solo que (sometimes, I'm the anchor!), but I still usually come out positive on the points gain. I've run into some Golds that are truly dog shit tier, I really can't imagine how bad the average Iron/Bronze player is.

Haruko

Didn't they also say the upcoming updates would address H2C hit registration?

Just finished my first ever Halo game - Halo CE Anniversary in the Master Chief Collection. Played it on Legendary with a mate, the skill level was far too tough for us, some missions took north of 2 hours, but it was a lot of fun.

On to Halo 2 Anniversary next. Read that the first two missions aren't co-op though?

Haruko

Just finished my first ever Halo game - Halo CE Anniversary in the Master Chief Collection. Played it on Legendary with a mate, the skill level was far too tough for us, some missions took north of 2 hours, but it was a lot of fun.

On to Halo 2 Anniversary next. Read that the first two missions aren't co-op though?

First two H2 missions are cutscenes only, so they were left out of co-op

Top Bottom