• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

HTupolev

Decent. So all playable missions can be done split-screen?
The Armory technically has "gameplay" but not really gameplay. If it's your first playthrough and you want to see everything, you could load up and play in single-player until the door opens on the tram after Johnson makes his "theory and politics" talk about the orbital defense grid and Cairo Station. Then quit and start a coop game on Cairo Station.

VinFTW

Just played like 15 games. Didn't lose once across any gametype.

GGs Visc, Jay.

Also my bad about Zen, didn't realize his background was gonna be so noisy/loud, only played a few games w/ him on H2A before tonight.

The beta has been dropping people randomly all night for me in the middle of matches, anyone else?

Yup. Been pretty bad.

I think we have already gotten the 11 weapons. We have so far had: BR,AR,SMG,Pistol,Sniper,DMR,Rocket,Hydra,Light,Energy Sword and the Prophets Bane. That's 11.

I had rolled the Bane into the category of Sword. If you separate it I guess it works but it is hardly its own weapon so I preferred to lump it in.

The beta has been dropping people randomly all night for me in the middle of matches, anyone else?

Yeah. DCed in a match.
Also heard Hydra callouts on Pegasus.

Bulltrue medal is broken. I've gotten it a bunch from killing a guy with a sword after he killed someone.

Haruko

Thinking about it, I'd have a ton more games played of H5B if there was a way to play solo and have a chance of winning, or a FFA list. Which bodes well for the full release, hopefully

Ramirez

Thinking about it, I'd have a ton more games played of H5B if there was a way to play solo and have a chance of winning, or a FFA list. Which bodes well for the full release, hopefully

Been playing solo all night and winning over half my matches...

Bull true has been broken like that for like the past 2 games.

Would like to see SH lose the things that pop out of the ground, the maps are too cluttered as it is.

CliQ

giphy.gif

The system is aware.

^ I mean that happens to me when I solo que (sometimes, I'm the anchor!), but I still usually come out positive on the points gain. I've run into some Golds that are truly dog shit tier, I really can't imagine how bad the average Iron/Bronze player is.

I dunno, ask Jem.

Probably just a black hole of really, really bad. Like, not having good enough twitch to win a game of solitaire bad. However, ranks are pretty loosey-goosey though, especially when first placed, so who knows. We've played Irons (for some reason) and they weren't any worse than some of the onyx's we've played.

But seriously, Jem would know.

jem0208

I dunno, ask Jem.

Probably just a black hole of really, really bad. Like, not having good enough twitch to win a game of solitaire bad. However, ranks are pretty loosey-goosey though, especially when first placed, so who knows. We've played Irons (for some reason) and they weren't any worse than some of the onyx's we've played.

But seriously, Jem would know.

Where's this idea that I'm bad come from? I'm in Gold 2.

I was almost in Onyx and probably would be but I had to quit a few games. Knocks you down loads...

Madness

Grenades are out of control man, can't believe Frank thinks they're fine, lol.

Has Frank even posted here in weeks? He said they were fine? I do think they have a pretty big blast radius, especially when more than one is thrown near you. Just no way to get away. When I'm on a roll, most of my deaths come from someone who does a martyrdom just flinging grenades before they're killed. Thrust does help evade though.

Cue people who say grenade damage and radius are fine, they're a viable part of the golden triangle now, if you hate dying from them git gud etc.

Madness

Was trying to edit some clips for the Sik montage, but after trimming them and naming them, it says a setting is preventing them from being uploaded. Change it in online privacy etc. But the settings there are allow for broadcast, view clips, share etc. Anything I'm missing?

-Ryn

Banned
Was trying to edit some clips for the Sik montage, but after trimming them and naming them, it says a setting is preventing them from being uploaded. Change it in online privacy etc. But the settings there are allow for broadcast, view clips, share etc. Anything I'm missing?
I think Sik said it'd actually be optimal if you just sent raw untrimmed footage since it gives more freedom to edit into the montage.

I have no idea what the deal is with the upload issue you're having though.

edit*

Looked around and one solution seems to be unchecking the "Upload to One Drive" option when you are about to upload it. Though if that's what you're trying to upload it to I guess that doesn't help much.

Only other thing I've found is that it could be parental settings but I doubt that.

Don't edit. :) Just give the raw "Xbox Record That" 30 seconds. If people edit them before I get them, then it gives me ZERO breathing room to edit everything together. (People have a tendency to cut the clips short of any intro/outro)

Just the links are fine. Also, grouping them all into one massive clip is a pain for editing purposes also, avoid if possible! :)

EDIT: Ha, thanks Ryn. :)

Don't edit. :) Just give the raw "Xbox Record That" 30 seconds. If people edit them before I get them, then it gives me ZERO breathing room to edit everything together. (People have a tendency to cut the clips short of any intro/outro)

Just the links are fine. Also, grouping them all into one massive clip is a pain for editing purposes also, avoid if possible! :)

Got one more for you, nothing special but a nice ground pound: http://xboxdvr.com/BlueNinja BE/058fcf63-c080-4a98-ac14-cdf8d56c1066

Bonus clip: me getting killed by a guy hitting me with his grenade. No explosion, the damage caused by the grenade impacting my Spartan was enough to put me down. :lol

http://xboxdvr.com/BlueNinja BE/3562255a-5d4d-41c4-b3a0-a84b06ba705e

I've got one.

I call it Halo 5: Peggle edition.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Managed to play one match of Halo 5 team slayer last night, but then after the matche ended, searching was horrible...was taking up to 10 mins before I just gave up and switched to MCC. MCC wasn't any better, I was in ranked H2A and it kept saying, players found, joining match, but nothing ever happened...I backed out and restarted search several times, no luck.

Really frustrating when I have a limited amount of time in the work week evenings to play games, I get like one hour, if that, and I'm sick and tired of wasting my free time on the damn game not connecting properly.

:(

Needless to say, I hopped on Diablo 3 PC...that game works :)

RowdyReverb

New update on the MCC Bug Investigation:
1.12 4:20PM Update
Our next content update, which includes updates to UI and a variety of other areas, remains on track for delivery later this week. Additionally, final tests are underway for the Halo 4 and Team Hardcore playlists, and we are aiming to make these available within the next few days. Team Hardcore will launch with Halo 2 Classic variants only, and Halo 3 maps and game types will be integrated in a future update. Other fan favorite playlists are also in the works, including Team Snipers, Team Doubles, an objective-only playlist, and more.

Additional content updates are on the way, and will include added improvements for matchmaking, parties, and other top community items. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates.
Edit: perhaps not so new. My bad

Akai__

When are the ranks being turned on. That's the ultimate quesiton.

Adding more unranked playlists is useless. And my god...the MCC population is going to be strung-out big time lol, if it's not already.

We need ranks.

The ranks don't even work, yet. There's a coupple of "Road to 50" streams on Twitch and the people who are higher than level 40 are playing against people with lower than level 10 ranks. I mean, I'm level 5 in H2A and I get matched with >= 30's.

A rank reset needs to happen, whenever the ranking system starts to work properly. You should only find player withs +/- 5 ranks above or underneath you.

willow ve

When are the ranks being turned on. That's the ultimate quesiton.

Adding more unranked playlists is useless. And my god...the MCC population is going to be strung-out big time lol, if it's not already.

We need ranks.

Serious question - does anyone actually play MCC anymore? Does it even work? Are dedicated servers a consistent thing now?
Are maps and gametypes finally updated to "end of life" setups?

AlStrong

When I'm on a roll, most of my deaths come from someone who does a martyrdom just flinging grenades before they're killed. Thrust does help evade though.

Cue people who say grenade damage and radius are fine, they're a viable part of the golden triangle now, if you hate dying from them git gud etc.

That sounds normal for HCE to me. idk *shrug*

Maybe that worked out better when you knew it was your buddies who just garbage-killed you from the grave since they were sitting next to you, and it was all in jest vs super serious online.

VinFTW

All my best clips aren't uploading from my xbox to xboxclips.com, does anybody know how to get them onto the PC? I could upload to Youtube but sik doesn't want big clips, especially Youtube ones.

:/

Tawpgun

Grenades are out of control man, can't believe Frank thinks they're fine, lol.

When I was playing with Karl he thought they might have magnetism to them. Like if a grenade is bouncing across the floor it would detonate early, but if there's someone close to it it will skip that extra amount or stop earlier to detonate. Not sure if I believe it...

But I don't have much of an issue with them. The just need to remove hitmarkers from them and it will be fine. In previous Halo's you could get hit by one nade and be fine. Now if you are hit with one nade another one comes hurling in.

I also think they bounce weird. They skip across the floor too much. I want to just bounce against the floor and detonation timer starts once it hits a surface like in 2/3

Exploding grenades by shooting them is a terrible gameplay mechanic. Those in favor please like this post, follow and subscribe.

Thanks.

Haruko

Exploding grenades by shooting them is a terrible gameplay mechanic. Those in favor please like this post, follow and subscribe.

Thanks.

I had a teammate claim that his rocket warhead was also shot down in this manner during a game on Pegasus. I do think it'd be nice to lose the mechanic.

Top Bottom