• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Ramirez

Slight change of plan re: Montage - if people could PM me links, that'd be great. I often read the thread on the train or at work, and I don't want to miss any clips.

I'll accept throwaway triples if it's all you got. I do want the best content, obviously, but I also want everyone active within HaloGAF to be involved.

Will happily accept clips from Frankie, Tashi and Josh too...

;)

Whole lot of deaths and bad DotA 2 play???

jem0208

I knew I wasn't going crazy about the rockets. Sometimes I hit the trigger and it doesn't fire, requiring a 2nd press, feels very janky overall.

Talking about janky, I've had multiple occasions where I've tried to start sprinting and my weapon has been lowered and it's very slightly increased my speed. However the weapon didn't swing anywhere near as much as normal and the speed was just above sprinting.

Very, very annoying.

I was actually doing some four player coop in AC earlier. Very fun. And the DLC is coming out soon so I've been slowly finishing up the story these last few days

But yaar. I should play a bit more of the beta before it finishes, I suppose. Just need to get a group or something together I think. No fun alone

I haven't had a chance to try the coop yet but I'm looking forward to it. The detail of Paris in the game is insane though, one of the only games where I've enjoyed just wandering around the streets.

Tawpgun

Ranking system blows. I've been blowing kids out of the water for days now and I'm still stuck in Bronze 3. My KDR is 2.10 and I've won nearly 50 games now. The system is broken. Or maybe it's just working.....as intended.

Semi pro in pre beta.
Got Onyx in breakout
Semi Pro in Strongholds

Working fine have you tried getting gud?

-Ryn

Banned
Whole lot of deaths and bad DotA 2 play???
Shots fired

I haven't had a chance to try the coop yet but I'm looking forward to it. The detail of Paris in the game is insane though, one of the only games where I've enjoyed just wandering around the streets.
I honestly enjoyed walking/driving/riding the subway around the city in Watch Dogs more than most of the game I supposed to be playing (had a good time with the multiplayer). I just love roaming around huge well crafted environments. Though I should be doing that on occasion because I just finished doing some cool stuff and want to wind down. Not because I am bored with the rest of the game and it's one of the only enjoyable things to do.

The music selection in that game was pretty good too

That Delta Halo speedrun is ridiculous. I cannot, for the life of me, get that ghost trick near the end to work.
The sniper valley one? That was much easier than the stupid grenade ghost jump thing at the beginning and the part where you had to go down two ramps and come back up (while being shot at by everybody).

TTUVAPOR

Banned
For once I'd like Halo to be an out of the box competitive shooter without having to tweak things for custom games. In otherwords, we shouldn't be forced to play custom games to enjoy the competitive side of Halo, or esports Halo for that matter.

jem0208

I honestly enjoyed walking/driving/riding the subway around the city in Watch Dogs more than most of the game I supposed to be playing (had a good time with the multiplayer). I just love roaming around huge well crafted environments. Though I should be doing that on occasion because I just finished doing some cool stuff and want to wind down. Not because I am bored with the rest of the game and it's one of the only enjoyable things to do.

The music selection in that game was pretty good too

Ubisoft may make some very formulaic games, but they are masters at making amazingly detailed worlds. Better than even Rockstar IMO.

Really looking forward to seeing what the Division is like.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Ubisoft may make some very formulaic games, but they are masters at making amazingly detailed worlds. Better than even Rockstar IMO.

I'm excited to see Rainbow Six Siege, so far all the footage of that game leans toward some potential.

Franchise ends there. Microsoft would not be able to turn that disaster around come Halo 6 if they stick to a 3 year dev cycle. Consumers would look to other yearly franchises (CoD) and never look back at Halo.

The good thing is the COD fanbase is getting exhausted of their own franchise so Halo 5 have clear oportunity to make it without droping the population so drastically.

Booshka

Me and Henery just buried our Ds into the opposing team.

1JSK6nd.gif

-Ryn

Banned

It's a shame because Watch Dogs looked like it could have been a very cool and interesting game had it not just been so bland outside of the hacking. A lot of the abilities you could earn were so meh that I didn't even bother getting them when I had plenty of skill points to do so. There's a bunch of little things that ultimately have a big effect on the overall product.

Also the water (aside from rain) in that game was awful lol

For once I'd like Halo to be an out of the box competitive shooter without having to tweak things for custom games. In otherwords, we shouldn't be forced to play custom games to enjoy the competitive side of Halo, or esports Halo for that matter.
For once I'd like to see a game released and have it actually be finished. Remember when that was the standard? I miss those days.

Having a bunch of bugs on release shouldn't be acceptable. I don't mind content updates as much if the game already has plenty of content. If the game needs them to feel complete though, that's a problem.

Me and Henery just buried our Ds into the opposing team.

Anyone here think the rockets need a faster rate of fire? I'm not digging the delay between shots...and I know that puts more emphasis on aiming correctly in the first place, but I feel like it's a step backwards with there being a delay between shots.
You need to be able to fire the rockets faster when exiting an ability like sprint/thruster/clamber.

Faster FASter FASTER MORE SPEED
Sniper too.

The sniper valley one? That was much easier than the stupid grenade ghost jump thing at the beginning and the part where you had to go down two ramps and come back up (while being shot at by everybody).

I skipped the grenade ghost jump and just took my time to clear the bridge instead. :lol But I cba to deal with sniper valley. I got a checkpoint at the bottom of the two ramps, so getting up isn't the big issue... It's not falling into the creek that's fucking with me.

NOKYARD

That Delta Halo speedrun is ridiculous. I cannot, for the life of me, get that ghost trick near the end to work.
Which version of the run are you referring to?

The A (jump) button is your friend when triggering the "Nothing but Jackal" load zone. In Halo 2 hitting the jump button lifts the nose of the Ghost and Spectre to get over short walls, makes them turn faster while charging, land softer after jumps, fly higher during launches, and provides a controlled descent down slopes. Most runners do not use this to their best advantage in H2 runs. Even the current H2A 3:05 Legendary Delta run features horrendous Ghost driving skills.
It also uses the exact path i invented many years ago.

NOKYARD

First attempt after getting back.

Unto Regret. I've already spent half an hour just getting up those pillars.
At the 8 second mark there is a hill on your right. Charge over the center of the hill. Hold A at the apex of the jump and don't let go. Carefully slide down at a 45 degree angle to the right till you see the chapter marker. Charge back up while maintaining the 45 degree angle.

[edit] alternately, drop down at the waterfall and Ghost through the cave on the left. Either proceed through to the end, or climb back up to the top by going over the cave exit.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Semi pro in pre beta.
Got Onyx in breakout
Semi Pro in Strongholds

Working fine have you tried getting gud?

I feel his pain. I have a KDA around 4.5 and a decent win % and am silver 3. A friend of mine has like a 1 KDA, and a lower win % and got placed in Gold 2.

No idea why.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh god is the Forge map bad, it is like Reach Community forge playlist levels of awful, did 343 hire some Reach forgers? Fyre are you now with a job?

I feel his pain. I have a KDA around 4.5 and a decent win % and am silver 3. A friend of mine has like a 1 KDA, and a lower win % and got placed in Gold 2.

No idea why.

My KDA is something over 6.0 and I'm still in Gold, but I haven't played very many matches and never with a party. Getting to the right rank takes awhile.

Okay. WHAT THE LITERAL F*** IS 343 DOING?!

MCC is still a broken piece of software trash. Matchmaking wait times are often atrocious. Games are laggy and unresponsive and there is still odd game breaking issues such as the Halo CE aim pulling your crosshair off target. My father is constantly losing progress in his legendary campaign playthrough. Party system is still messed up and custom game settings change on you randomly after you just set them and started the game.

I cannot believe these so-called "professionals" can get away with such rubbish.

Tawpgun

I was ranked in Gold 3 when I got placed in slayer.

I got up to Pro before settling back down in semi pro. Started from the bottom now I here. System works p good imo.

Right, next stop on my legendary playthrough is the big underwater hallway with all the snipers. Think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to tackle that, save me some frustration. :p

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I was ranked in Gold 3 when I got placed in slayer.

I got up to Pro before settling back down in semi pro. Started from the bottom now I here. System works p good imo.

Did you play with a whole team of competent people and win a lot? If so, there you go. It's a lot harder when you win 5 games and move up 30 points then lose 2 because of AFK or away teammates and drop 45.

Tawpgun

Did you play with a whole team of competent people and win a lot? If so, there you go. It's a lot harder when you win 5 games and move up 30 points then lose 2 because of AFK or away teammates and drop 45.

Hmmm have you tried getting
friends

Yeah a lot of my games I played with a team. If not a full team at least one other person. All more or less similar skill level.

Shit teammates been an issue in MP games since the dawn of 56k

Top Bottom