• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Just finished working on my twitch.tv page and I'm decently happy with how it turned out.
asdfasdfasdf-2.png

Its posts like these that make me wonder why the great fronk has no twitter.

He does, he just doesn't use it. :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Well actually they want Scott Warner, Lead Gameplay Designer, but bs angel can discuss various issues as well.
What's there to discuss? At this point no one can say anything about Halo 4. They should wait until after the Feb 29 reveal, gather community questions and organize something for March.

That and Countdown, rest can die in a horrible fire.

Glad Im not the only Countdown fan. As for Powerhouse, it always felt like an awkward but fun map to me, sometimes I love it, other times I dont. Man, thinking of that map, I wish the Focus Rifle was actually useful.

That and Countdown, rest can die in a horrible fire.

Pretty much.

Countdown's default power weapons aren't very good, but the layout of the map is good.

Which seems to happen to more developer maps that you'd like. Good map layout slightly muted by poor power weapon chooses and/or spawning locations.

Barlow is this what you mean?

Agreed with ply, don't like that lining.

Reach HUD is awesome

You already see the HUD.

Do you mean the visor lining?:

fvCHN.jpg

I hated that shit.

Customizable HUD's please.
No I meant this:

I think he meant the HUD somehow having a bigger contrast with the scenery. It's hard to to read stuff sometimes depending on what's going on in the background and often you have to readjust the camera to a darker shot just to be able to see/read something clearly.

The Reach HUD is so much lighter than in the other games that it is often times hard to see.

TheOddOne

Pretty much.

Countdown's default power weapons aren't very good, but the layout of the map is good.

Which seems to happen to more developer maps that you'd like. Good map layout slightly muted by poor power weapon chooses and/or spawning locations.
Countdown next to Swordbase are my favorite vanilla maps.

CyReN

Speaking of that HUD, I didn't realize until a year after H3 came out that it was supposed to be from Master Chief "view" with the lines and stuff and the tilt it has. I felt really dumb..might have done with me switching from a CRT too.

I liked how they did it too.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Powerhouse, while I like it, didn't live up to its potential. There's too much bull shit space on the map. The map should just be the buildings. All that ground out by the rocks that wraps around one side of the map, shouldn't be there. It's useless bullshit.

FyreWulff

Speaking of that HUD, I didn't realize until a year after H3 came out that it was supposed to be from Master Chief "view" with the lines and stuff and the tilt it has. I felt really dumb..might have done with me switching from a CRT too.

I liked how they did it too.

I realized it immediately, but mostly because it was done in Metroid Prime, so it looks like Bungie really liked that effect from it for 3.

I imagine the multitude of helmets in Reach would have probably made it take too much memory to make a unique visor-HUD for each one. An interesting thing in Reach is that the Forge monitor still has the HUD outline, but it's only visible if you suicide/die while a Monitor in Forge mode. It won't show up on the initial spawn and it'll go away once you switch to player mode and back to monitor.

Homeboyd

God.. watching old SNL's with Will Ferrell and "Burt Reynolds (Norm Macdonald)" as Turd Ferguson on Jeopardy.

*Looks at the board. See's "A Petit Dejeuner for $200"*

"Yeah why don't you give me 'Ape Tit' for $200"

If I could change my username, I would SERIOUSLY consider Turd Ferguson.

Homeboyd

I love when Sean Connery (Darrell Hammond) is on, he is so good.

"SUCK ON IT TREBEK"

They had to write down ANY NUMBER to win in final jeopardy...

French Stewart wrote: "Threeve" and wagered "$Texas"

Burt Reynolds didn't write anything and just stood there in his ridiculously oversized yellow cowboy hat.

And Sean Connery wrote: "V" and it ended up being the top part of the "K" in "SUCK IT TREBEK" when they revealed his wager.

hahhaahhahaha so good

TheOddOne

Burt Reynolds didn't write anything and just stood there in his ridiculously oversized yellow cowboy hat.

And Sean Connery wrote: "V" and it ended up being the top part of the "K" in "SUCK IT TREBEK" when they revealed his "wager"...

hahhaahhahaha so good
Ok, I'm gonna dig up those old episodes now :lol

senador

Banned
God.. watching old SNL's with Will Ferrell and "Burt Reynolds (Norm Macdonald)" as Turd Ferguson on Jeopardy.

*Looks at the board. See's "A Petit Dejeuner for $200"*

"Yeah why don't you give me 'Ape Tit' for $200"

If I could change my username, I would SERIOUSLY consider Turd Ferguson.

From terms of service 1A:

ToS said:
If you wish to change your username, simply notify an administrator via Private Message (though bear in mind that frequent changes will be frowned upon).

And Sean Connery wrote: "V" and it ended up being the top part of the "K" in "SUCK IT TREBEK" when they revealed his wager.

hahhaahhahaha so good

All of the jeopardy skits were golden. Will Ferrell also wrote the Bill Brasky skits with Adam McKay and I have to say they are a close second.

Havok

http://i.imgur.com/P05dz.gif[IMG]

It's the only good disc map in the game.[/QUOTE]

You mean the one where they designed such a poor base that they had to put the flag in the middle of nowhere so people could score? The same base that is now completely untouched in any game played on it? Yeah, that sounds great.

Countdown has potential, but they really needed to color code the sides in addition to the coding they did to the vertical levels. Also, lifts that enter into tiny rooms are always awful ideas. Never forget Construct.

[spoiler]neutral bomb on arena zealot, best combination on the disc

also, i like powerhouse[/spoiler]

I realized it immediately, but mostly because it was done in Metroid Prime, so it looks like Bungie really liked that effect from it for 3.

I imagine the multitude of helmets in Reach would have probably made it take too much memory to make a unique visor-HUD for each one. An interesting thing in Reach is that the Forge monitor still has the HUD outline, but it's only visible if you suicide/die while a Monitor in Forge mode. It won't show up on the initial spawn and it'll go away once you switch to player mode and back to monitor.

I really really liked the "boot up" of the display, i cant remember if it transferred to the full game or reach but i remember it from this video.

Here

36 seconds.

Homeboyd

You can ask a Admin for a name change.

Beat.
Yeah I know.. didn't Dani wait like 7.4 years to get his changed? I feel like by the time it finally happened, it would've lost it's luster.

Then again, it may make it that much better. What do you think? Should I fucking go for it brahs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom