• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomis

So I quit a lot of games today between playing 2v4's and rage quitting and just now I lagged out and got my first quit ban. -_-

AmUVgzrCEAAgqlN.png:large

People quitting is how those games became 2v4 in the first place. Just. Don't. Do. It.

No one gives a fuck about KD/R. When that game is 2v4 and then YOU quit also, that leaves ONE dude there to be spawning practice because he doesn't want to lower chances of credit jackpots or risk getting temp-banned.

Please please let Halo 4 be MP-achievement-free.

The only MP achievements I wouldn't mind are the ones that come naturally when you play the game, like reaching a certain rank or winning a certain amount of games or trying out a certain amount of playlists. This would only encourage a new player to try out more things and wouldn't change their online behavior.

People quitting is how those games became 2v4 in the first place. Just. Don't. Do. It.

No one gives a fuck about KD/R. When that game is 2v4 and then YOU quit also, that leaves ONE dude there to be spawning practice because he doesn't want to lower chances of credit jackpots or risk getting temp-banned.

Or wouldn't be adding a feature where a outnumbered team could surrender be a good option also?

Hooray!

773053BB-4635-4ED9-BC24-819E5E2801DF.png

Since I just realized MS probably wants minimal Bungie IP on Waypoint, there's more than likely going to be no way to unlock Recon anymore, which will make all the Vidmasters in Halo 3 pointless. Therefore, Halo 3 consolidation should go like this:

Ranked
Lone Wolves (achievements require it)
Team Slayer (achievements require it. Well, not slayer specifically, but MVP achievement)
Double Team (all DLC required)

Social
Social Slayer
Multi Team (all DLC required)
Big Team Battle (all DLC required)

I'm not going to even try to untangle all the playlists that Reach's DLC achievements lock into existence forever.
No MLG playlist?

FyreWulff

No MLG playlist?

Maybe if they were still running new events and the playlist itself had a notable population regardless.

If people are going to be serious about consolidating the Halo 3 playlists, everyone's going to lose a favorite playlist. Just shaving off two playlists isn't going to cut it.

If 343 were able to make Double EXP lists eternally rotate, that's where I'd put MLG. As it is, my plan makes my favorite playlist - Actionsack - also bite the dust. Just like MLG, it has a barely sustainable population for matchmaking and it'll be impacted even more when Halo 4 comes out. MLG has moved on from Halo 3, so I don't see a real need to make them one of the final 6 in a theoretical final Halo 3 playlist update. As it is, the plan I propose satisfies the MS achievement requirements and favors unique team configurations and experiences. I know I have the Slayer redundancy in there, but Team Slayer is the most popular ranked playlist. Social Slayer is the most popular social playlist. They're both locked into existing.

As an aside, after looking at all the spawns I figured out a gimme spawn trap on Prisoner and used it twice in Anniversary matchmaking. While my changed version will be Solitary, I wonder if there's even a point of bringing up a fixed Prisoner, because it would just be tossed away as "Prisoner is supposed to play like Prisoner no matter what"

Overdoziz

Banned

It really wouldn't matter much if it was either 2v4 or 1v4, both are boring and dumb as shit. In MLG I'm not going to bother playing anything less than 3v4, I'd just quit out. I can spend my time doing more enjoyable stuff instead of waiting to be killed over and over again.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Only got 3 clips tonight. No fucking overkills, 2 triples. Living up to my reputation I guess. lol And it's not like I'm choking on the overkills, they're just not there when I need them.
Three kills is pretty nice though. You should be proud of that. My daughter, she's three herself and she gets happy when she gets a "twipple, daddy!"

Shitty Marketing campaign? Can you show me Halo 4 marketing campaign? Oh it hasn't started yet. No. You just got hyped for everything. Some of HaloGAF didn't get hyped for the Toy Fair story I bet. I'm one of them.

Because no one answered you yet. No,
It is a Proto-Gravemind. It glows in Halo: Anniversary now.

By your comments it looks like you're actually ok with the six months media blackout we've experienced, obviously what we've had so far has been poorly executed.

Again, the total lack of news can get you hyped for a damn Toy Fair (by some comments it looked like we were actually going to see some vehicle/character designs).

H4's marketing/hype campaign started when the game was announced at E3.

It'd have been much easier and made more sense if they just said: "guys, we're working hard in the game but we won't be able to show some real content till _____, see you folks!"

Obviously you will harrash me again for getting hyped at a Toy Fair announcement :/

P.S: Can't wait to eat my own words.

Saw that and had to do something about it. Motivation. Updated both my scores. Phone crashed while taking it the first time - that's how powerful this is.

The time one I'm very confident about beating, I reckon I can go 1.55-57. I'm gonna try later.

But Your trick it score is beyond my ability, I will concede that battle on THAT particular run. ; )

Hey You

You're not forced to play with guests on your 360. And I don't think having to play with guests in matchmaking is a big deal. Axing it would not be in the franchise's best option, because the very few people who find it unbearable do not balance the people who will reject the game wholesale because there are little to no local multiplayer options.

It is, we don't get Community/Forge made maps in alot of playlists because of splitscreen. I know, bleh forge maps but I find the community made ones aren't that bad.

I doubt people are not going to buy Halo because it doesn't have 4 player split screen in Matchmaking. If there is, limit it to a couple of playlists.

And I would LOVE to see where you get your stats on that as well.

Risen

Only got 3 clips tonight. No fucking overkills, 2 triples. Living up to my reputation I guess. lol And it's not like I'm choking on the overkills, they're just not there when I need them.

I swear someday I'm going to do a montage of ONLY triples... damn the triple... damnit.

Alienups

Was surfing around on youtube and i randomly came upon the believe commercial for Halo 3, still so effin good

can't wait to see what they come up with for Halo 4

Edit: as long as it doesn't have wub wub

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
According to science, podcasts with margaritas available are better than podcasts without margaritas available 100% of the time.

This image may or may not have been included in one or our planning emails.

margfronksprtn.png

Best photoshop of Frank's face on the Jimmy Buffet cover wins a prize or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom