• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

A combination of exploration and in-game challenges / achievements would be fine, but I really don't see the need for a cR grind. As I said in the wishlist thread, credit rewards grind time, not skill. Halo doesn't need that hamster wheel crap to keep players invested like an MMO. It just feels like a lame artificial barrier.

Sadly, for Reach it's the only thing that kept me going after the first 6 months... I really want the muttonchops on my Security.

Plus, you're going to need a constant reward system. It does hook players. Call of Duty's is really obvious, in that once you reach the top you start all over again. Since CoD's affects gameplay, you need the reset system to keep people at the top from dominating the whole time. Halo's long term investment system shouldn't affect gameplay like Call of Duty's(unlocking new weapons and attachments). Long term investment should be directed towards aesthetics. There should also be a short-term system. Ideally a short-term system should be directed towards a skill progression like Halo 3. I'm using short-term not to signify seasons, but rank drops. You should have to play ranked every once in a while to prove that you still are a certain rank. I have a few more ideas, but I'll reserve them for later.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That's good man. That's reaaaaal gooooood.

Back to the gym on Monday. A week long break was good for my body but mentally it's driving me crazy. Lifting keeps me sane.

Yeah, they are the best, and the worst.

I'm loving my 2 days off this weekend though. 5/3/1 smoked the shit out of me.

Hey man, that's how I do it, but do WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANNA DO!

Junior blacklisted before even posting in the OT thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34462936&postcount=359

Juices alt?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A combination of exploration and in-game challenges / achievements would be fine, but I really don't see the need for a cR grind. As I said in the wishlist thread, credit rewards grind time, not skill. Halo doesn't need that hamster wheel crap to keep players invested like an MMO. It just feels like a lame artificial barrier.
Ehhh, I'm okay with the cR system. Just make it more consistent than it is in Reach. The payoffs in Reach are all over the place. I like that it rewards almost all activity in the game, though. And yeah, I like that it rewards players who stick with the game for a long time.

Edit : I just watched the Halo 4 concept art trailer again, and it's made me solidify my stance of going on a media blackout. The imagery and music already has me totally captivated. I want to discover this new world and new threat totally fresh. It's gonna be hard to stay away from media, but it'll be worth it, I expect.

Wish they would tell us what to expect at least. Would like to know if we are only going to see the Hog or if there are some surprises.

Iv got some mates in london looking to go for an hour or two so hopefully they bring back some news/pictures. I doubt we will see anything bar the H4 warthog. I have no idea if mcfarlane is there (i doubt they are) so its likely just RE: Creation with the 14inch diecast.

Random internet guy said:
Re:Creation has stated that they aren't just showing off die-cast vehicles at Toy Fair, so that leads me to believe we'll be seeing figures as well.

Thats from the HaloFigureForum, not sure on how he got the info so dont put to much faith in it.

toy fair 2 days away. Halo 4 leak? doubtful :(

Eh, we know what the hog looks like. Maybe if we are lucky we may get an idea what MC looks like now, but Im not expecting too much. Still, im excited to see what comes our way.

I will say, whatever 343 does with Halo 4, I hope the base feel of the MP can be stripped down to play like Halo CE/Halo 2/Halo 3 without any TU needed. Im all for new things as well, but I hope it ships with a classic playlist and doesn't feel unnatural with the engine.

feel

halogafbanners.png

Current banners. For those that posted variants I trimmed the folder to just one to add variety. If I missed anyone let me know. Been busy and/or sucked into other things but a larger overhaul of the OP is in the works, should be up this weekend.
Ghal toss this shit up there with the others
iOjRQ0ddV12RR.jpg

Its sad but im more interested in what PokéGAF is saying at the moment that HaloGAF.

Skyrim has absorbed my xbox time and iv been away i feel out the loop with the current conversations im kind of sick of going over the same.

LolScrubs
AA's Suck
TU is great/sucks
Need Halo 4 news ect

We honestly need some Halo 4 news SOON like this week its getting later and later into 2012 and still nothing and im betting we wont get anything till like mid February.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A Dax joke? We haven't had one of those in a few days. Well done Letters, you're a funny chap.

Nice to see a new low point here within a few days of a new thread.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the Dax jokes are tired. That shit happened over two years ago. There's way too much mean spirited bullying bullshit in HaloGAF. It really brings the community down.

Halo 4 Gameplay Leak via Toyfair:

- Master Chief has a mysterious new armor ability known only as "kung-fu grip."
- Accessories sold separately.

GhaleonEB

It's almost unanimous on HaloGAF that MP achievements are bad. What's the general consensus on FF achievements?

I really wish we had more of them. Much more so than MP, Firefight is meta-game friendly in a way that makes the game fun rather than screwing with how it plays for your friends. In particular, I would welcome Achievements to stretch personal performance (survive one Round on Legendary with X kills and no deaths), or to accomplish wacky things. There's a playfulness inherent in the mode absent from Multiplayer because of how goals like that can alter the objective of the game. In Firefight, it's often more fun if those kind of sub-goals are the goal.

Ramirez

Yeah, the Dax jokes are tired. That shit happened over two years ago. There's way too much mean spirited bullying bullshit in HaloGAF. It really brings the community down.

hahaha, SERIOUSLY?

Man, the MLG community is seriously amazing, like the past 5-6 games I've tried have had quitters/afkers, awesome, would play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom