• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok, we tried Gears, Shadowrun, and Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I would be fine with playing H2 on 360, the emulation is pretty good and I have all the maps on my 360, but Halo CE is totally out of the question.

Yeah CE on 360 is terrible, it causes LAN desyncs all the time when we try to use them.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Hmm. So I take it nothing happened during Super Bowl judging by the lack of excitement.

And what's this about something in Feb I'm seeing bits and pieces about?

Hmm. So I take it nothing happened during Super Bowl judging by the lack of excitement.

And what's this about something in Feb I'm seeing bits and pieces about?

^Damn you Ghaleon!

Apparently...

Microsoft is set to reveal the first details about its upcoming Halo 4 first person shooter at the end of February, during its Xbox Spring Showcase event, at least according to a report coming from a magazine from Finland.

The formal reveal of Halo 4 is going to happen on February 29, when the Xbox Spring Showcase will be held by Microsoft in San Francisco.

Also good game guys, rainbow road with rainbow road music is pretty awesome (to B2).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn man, these guys are getting some serious votes too. I'm still down 10! And that 3rd place guy is creeping hard. Ughhh I hope GAF cooperates when I post the thread tomorrow.

Woorloog

Banned
Apparently...

Microsoft is set to reveal the first details about its upcoming Halo 4 first person shooter at the end of February, during its Xbox Spring Showcase event, at least according to a report coming from a magazine from Finland.

The formal reveal of Halo 4 is going to happen on February 29, when the Xbox Spring Showcase will be held by Microsoft in San Francisco.

Uh-huh?
I wonder why i do not know about this. Either i'm not been reading this thread closely enough or... hmm, make that AND i haven't been paying attention to Finnish gaming magazines as usual. Of course there ain't a single one that's worth anyones time but Pelit (dirently translates as "Games").

EDIT Okay, i'm totally blind. Should've read Ghaleon's post first...
And Pelaaja ("Gamer")? There a mag named Pelaaja here? (EDIT EDIT my brother noted there is Pelaaja. I dunno anything about my country...)

I'm not known in OT, I have no pull. Devo or Plywood have the OT respect lol.

Should I do OT rather than Gaming side?

Devo threads get viewers, if she would be willing id ask her to post it.

Its your choice, Id say its likely to get more votes in OT than Gaming but thats my opinion.

Oh-shi tied first now tashi

Homeboyd

So this is kind of strange...

When Hyper uncovered the Feb 26 event and dropped some knowledge on us here and in the gaming side via his thread, I made a quick note over at the Waypoint forums here. About 5 minutes later, someone else by the name of paragraf111191 made an almost identical thread referencing the same source but had a different body to his post.

For some reason, people latched onto his thread and started replying to it rather than mine. No harm, no foul. I edit my OP and say "Even though this was posted first, you may lock this thread since the other one is picking up replies" or something along those lines.

Today I find the thread paragraf posted in the H4 forums (since I knew it was the one still alive), click on it, and find that it is now my OP with all of the replies from his thread moved to mine. Very odd. It even still shows him as the creator of the thread in the H4 main forum page, but when you click the thread, there I am as the OP. So, someone must've realized I posted the thread first and felt obligated to move all of his replies to my thread. But why? I even requested mine to get locked.

The only reason this may have any sort of significance is if it was done by the 343 admin team rather than just a mod. I figured a mod would oblige my request and just lock my less desirable thread... but an admin may have seen it differently. Perhaps, it is confirmed the showcase will be the unveiling of H4. I know we've all but confirmed this but even still to this day we haven't had any confirmation H4 will be at this event, much less to what capacity.

Just thought it was strange this happened the way it did.

#overanalyzing

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anyone know any fun custom games for Halo Reach?

What are you in the mood for? If you want something semi-serious, there's grab bag slayer and Shwat (Shotgun Swat). If you just want something insane, check out Duck Hunt, Propulsion, or Jenga

What are you in the mood for? If you want something semi-serious, there's grab bag slayer and Shwat (Shotgun Swat). If you just want something insane, check out Duck Hunt, Propulsion, or Jenga

Rent-A-Car is the game of the forever. Cat and Mouse is great with good numbers. Jump Rope and NASCAR are great too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Get matched up with Canada and Mexico and deal with connection issues that emulate the likes of Halo 2 Standby, get disconnected from XBL. (-ェ-)

When Hyper uncovered the Feb 26 event and dropped some knowledge on us here and in the gaming side via his thread, I made a quick note over at the Waypoint forums here. About 5 minutes later, someone else by the name of paragraf111191 made an almost identical thread referencing the same source but had a different body to his post.

For some reason, people latched onto his thread and started replying to it rather than mine. No harm, no foul. I edit my OP and say "Even though this was posted first, you may lock this thread since the other one is picking up replies" or something along those lines.

Today I find the thread paragraf posted in the H4 forums (since I knew it was the one still alive), click on it, and find that it is now my OP with all of the replies from his thread moved to mine. Very odd. It even still shows him as the creator of the thread in the H4 main forum page, but when you click the thread, there I am as the OP. So, someone must've realized I posted the thread first and felt obligated to move all of his replies to my thread. But why? I even requested mine to get locked.

The only reason this may have any sort of significance is if it was done by the 343 admin team rather than just a mod. I figured a mod would oblige my request and just lock my less desirable thread... but an admin may have seen it differently. Perhaps, it is confirmed the showcase will be the unveiling of H4. I know we've all but confirmed this but even still to this day we haven't had any confirmation H4 will be at this event, much less to what capacity.

#overanalyzing

Interesting

blamite

#overanalyzing
Not sure it means anything other than Waypoint mods like to confuse people by merging threads. Something similar happened with a few of the threads about Bungie's stats freeze.

Oh yeah, I voted for your video Tashi!

Overdoziz

Banned

#overanalyzing
It's called merging topics.

wwm0nkey

Not sure if 343i is allowed to tell us if its there. Might be why Frankie, David and the rest of 343 are dead quiet about this.

If we could get confirmation that would be awesome but if MS isn't allowing 343 to talk or 343 just doesnt want to talk that is cool too but I think confirming the event around next week would be good to start building hype for the showing.

Not sure if 343i is allowed to tell us if its there. Might be why Frankie, David and the rest of 343 are dead quiet about this.

If we could get confirmation that would be awesome but if MS isn't allowing 343 to talk or 343 just doesnt want to talk that is cool too but I think confirming the event around next week would be good to start building hype for the showing.

It seems kind of ... small to show halo 4 for the first time.

Kibbles

Remember when Sierra 117 was demoed behind closed doors and we got that video aimed at Frankies face for the whole demo. What if we get the same again? lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Got my gf and some friends to vote, anymore ideas? Maybe make a post in /r/halo would help too.
Thanks. I don't know what /r/ is but sure lol

Edit: this thing is essentially a 3 way tie now. Im gonna really need GAF tomorrow

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
What is /r/

rrmaA.jpg

JuanGGZ

Banned
...Perhaps, it is confirmed the showcase will be the unveiling of H4. I know we've all but confirmed this but even still to this day we haven't had any confirmation H4 will be at this event, much less to what capacity.

Today, I was speaking with a MS France employee about a French Dubstep Party at Paris. There will be "Feed me" and others. A very good party yeah.

Bref. He knows I've a website about Halo, and he loves it. We spoke a bit about this ShowCase, and of course, Halo 4. As a Microsoft employee, he cannot say a lot, but as a friend, he told me we'll be happy soon. He gave me something, a PDF file with a password. Do you think there will be a troll face inside this file when he will gave me the password ?

Of course, you can trust me, or not. No matther why, but I want to trust him, and not be worried about this showcase. I hope some.

Oh damned. Frankie is here. I'm worried about my friend now.

:nothingtodohere:

wwm0nkey

Today, I was speaking with a MS France employee about a French Dubstep Party at Paris. There will be "Feed me" and others. A very good party yeah.

Bref. He knows I've a website about Halo, and he loves it. We spoke a bit about this ShowCase, and of course, Halo 4. As a Microsoft employee, he cannot say a lot, but as a friend, he told me we'll be happy soon. He gave me something, a PDF file with a password. Do you think there will be a troll face inside this file when he will gave me the password ?

Of course, you can trust me, or not. No matther why, but I want to trust him, and not be worried about this showcase. I hope some.

give me the PDF+password plz?

Homeboyd

Is your friends name "Tom?"

feel

I'm just gonna say this once junior: hand over the pdf

Booties

Banned
Hi,

I clicked that link to look at sluts, and it appears the link is broken. If you could fix that it would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

How are you gonna lead me on like that? Also, why aren't you playing halo. Throw that saints row shit out the window and place that old trusty sock under your butthole and play with me.

Ill bruteforce the PDF. Send me it

I miss that level. I think I ended up playing it more than Lockout.

Watching the video certainly sparked some nostalgia. Oh hey you know you have this super sweet job with loads of power? BRING IT BACK !

kylej

Banned
How are you gonna lead me on like that? Also, why aren't you playing halo. Throw that saints row shit out the window and place that old trusty sock under your butthole and play with me.

Reach is garbage and the old gang doesn't play anymore. I haven't even talked to Iscariote or hardstylle since MW3 sucked and we all sold it. I want old times with racist Moorelli and BTB and donging on kids but right now? Fuck that shit. Halo 4 or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom