• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Music.

Lyrics:

Feeling the ground quake
Watchin all Reach bake
Covenant Cruisers glassing the soil
Gunnin' for the king
Dodging his sword swing
Planet's seas are beginnin to boil

Wastin away again playing King of the Hill
Crying for my lost game of Assault
Some people claim they use Inverted to game
But I know
We all use Default

I don't know the reasons
Arena has seasons
Nothin to show but this Steel badge, it's true
But don't be all snooty
And play Call of Duty
How to leave Reach I haven't a clue

Some people claim that Bumper Jumper is lame
Now I think
Hell, it could be Default

I sprint (hear my asthma)
Stepped on a Plasma
Lost my shield had to run back to base
But there's fun as defender
And film clips to render
As long as my File Share has plenty of space

Some people claim that maybe Bungie's to blame
But I know
It's my own damn fault

Yes and some people claim that there's a Stosh we should blame
And I know
It's my own damn fault

FyreWulff

You're stealing Tunavi's dream of getting out of this country.

Speaking of Canada, I'm going to Montreal the first week of March.

Best part is I'll only be an hour or two away from PAX when it comes around, since I'll be in Vancouver. And I eventually plan on moving to Seattle anyway.

ElRenoRaven

So saw the tweet that waypoint forums were back up and decided to wonder over for a few mins. Needless to say I found the most hilarious post ever.

First things first, I am basing this on the theory that the planet in halo 4 is Onyx. I must also mention that I have not read all the books and know very little about the halo story so feel free to correct were necessary.
Alright so during the lone wolf mission you never actually see Six die. My theory is that he puts up a fight and takes many injuries but keeps fighting. One of the elites witnessing this event is impressed by Six's honor and courage. At this point I see a situation like the scene from the Last Samurai when tom Cruise gets captured. This elite orders the others to stand down and Six collapses. They take him to their ship to nurse him back to health and give him a chance to regain his honor that he lost when he spilled his blood. Days later Six is still unconscious on this ship when it is tasked with secretly following a captured covenant vessel that has escaped the Reach, this is the ship that Halsey and Kelley are on. They follow the Spartans to the asteroid belt and witness Halsey stealing the ship from the asteroid belt and follow her to Onyx. Six has regained consciousness by now and is knowledgeable of his plight. During the following days the covenant become preoccupied with fighting the Spartans on Onyx, and give Six a chance to escape his cell. Six proceeds to escape the ship and flees from a large number of pursuers, he then finds an alternate way to the into the sphere and escapes.
The fact that time is skewed inside the sphere can account for the years it takes MC to arrive on the planet.
I'm not saying that Six will be a playable character in the game but it would be pretty cool if he showed up in some terminals or something.

Havok

Great games, folks.

Too bad that Hemo game had randoms immediately betraying us, but one out of all of them we played being bad is a pretty good ratio.

I even had fun playing Headhunter, which might be the first time ever. The compliments about my skill with balls (not my choice of words) probably helped.

lol who knew!?

Its k iv worked it out, Frankie is a respectable working gentlemen and so he left at the appropriate time for someone who is a respectable working person, This started a ripple effect in which others who are or desire to be a respectable working person also decided to retire for the evening.

Its rather simple really.

ElRenoRaven

I love the guys reply to the reception to his post.

jeez everybody, sorry! I didn't mean to touch a nerve. I actually like Six more than I do Chief because of his character. I like the idea of many Halo spinoffs to expand the halo universe. I think it would be cool if each game of the new trilogy had a smaller campaign with a separate character to broaden the story. much like deniable-ops in splinter cell conviction.

Couldn't get Frankie to tell me if there is a BR in H4.

Sadface.

That hemo game was bad, but the rest were fun.

I noticed that, I dunno i try to adopt a no shop talk attitude with frankie, id love game info but the dude cant talk about it and i bet he gets alot of people asking him.

I mean each to their own ask all you want but personally i wouldnt do it.

So frankie whats the new forge like

feel

Looking at that Halo 4 thread, you're sure are giving it the old college try!
ibkTndhDetSlv3.gif

Havok

I enjoyed the Hemo game, we woulda kept it tied if the morons on our team wouldn't have kept shooting us.
Yeah, but as soon as a guy with a "420" tag drove off alone in a Hog at the beginning and I turn around to see you getting shot by Taxi, I knew things were going to go sideways.

I enjoyed the Hemo game, we woulda kept it tied if the morons on our team wouldn't have kept shooting us.

Me and ghal got the flag from your base when NO ONE was in it and you had all left to go centre or far forward , still sucks you had scrubs but the first cap was legit

GhaleonEB

So saw the tweet that waypoint forums were back up and decided to wonder over for a few mins. Needless to say I found the most hilarious post ever.

Links, man. You can't bring that kind of joy over and not bring links.

I must also mention that I have not read all the books and know very little about the halo story so feel free to correct were necessary.
These kinds of caveats always preface greatness.

Love the Father Ted reference, lol. (343 should raffle a car for the marketing campaign! ;-)

Grim
Hello PAX East roomshare partner. What's up?

... what?

I'm speculating based on the bulletin and Frankie's words of caution here. The bulletin mentions Forerunner weapons, which implies we'll be seeing Forerunner weapons, which implies we'll be using Forerunner weapons. It also implies that we might be seeing Forerunners in the game.

But... Frankie warned against assumptions, so that leaves me speculating on what we'll actually see. Forerunners? Forerunner weapons but no Forerunner appearances? Just the return of the sentinel beam?

Regardless, I have no idea what you mean by "Obviously I can't read English and understood Frankie's totally wrong. Yep. I'm talking bullshit again. should shut my mouth." Did I somehow imply that?
When I read your original post, it sounded for me that Frankie denied that there are no Forerunners in Halo 4. I'm not shitting on you speculation, I'm just trying to say that you are kind of overthinking the post Frankie made.

And the last part is self criticism.

I could only quote one post of his at a time. Then I saw Devo's post. My heart fluttered. Dude just didn't seem to realise that what he wanted to say and how people were interpreting his posts were two totally different things.

I'm hungry for spaghetti as a result :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom