• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, I didn't know that. So I'll get matched up against randoms, or just parties smaller than four?

Mostly individuals and parties of two.

I've ran into the rare party of three, but never a party of four since the restrictions.

Only real problem with the playlist now is more fringe gametypes being played than Flag, Neutral Bomb, and King. And there's about three maps in the playlist, because DLC maps aren't a thing.

Striker

DLC seems to be showing up a decent amount. But I do agree about the god-awful gametypes. Fuck whoever wanted Flag Slayer, Speedflag, and 3 Flag. I rather play Hot Potato (which was kept in through the cleansing of "fringe" gametypes, uh...), Stockpile and Headhunter. Too much garbage littered in one area. Remove those and make it predominantly CTF/Assault/KotH/3 Plots type playlist and it will be pretty solid. Then there's evade, which lives forever.

Why can't MLG ever have more than 6 different maps? Not every map needs both slayer and objective. Find a way to fit in 7 maps or something.

And no Beaver CTF? wtf

It's more fair to the players if you think about it. Using the same maps and spawn times is less for them to have to memorize.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Mostly individuals and parties of two.
Only real problem with the playlist now is more fringe gametypes being played than Flag, Neutral Bomb, and King. And there's about three maps in the playlist, because DLC maps aren't a thing.

Just did 2 flag slayer (why does that even exist lol) and got camped by the other team with shotguns. Eh, I'll give it another go later

Nothing wrong with 2 flag slayer thats a good gametype, I'd like to see that return in H4. Just cause the other team stomped you doesn't mean its bad, thats MM's fault.

Homeboyd

Just did 2 flag slayer (why does that even exist lol) and got camped by the other team with shotguns. Eh, I'll give it another go later
I don't exactly love the gametype either, but I did like the fact Jeremiah (and now 343) have tested different scenarios with new gametypes. Sure a "beta" testing grounds playlist would be nice but we already have issues with numbers, so in order for them to continue testing out these new gametypes they cook up (speedpile, Team Hotshot, etc..) they gotta drop em somewhere.

Unless you'd prefer them to not continue trying these new gametypes out?

Overdoziz

Banned
Nothing wrong with 2 flag slayer thats a good gametype, I'd like to see that return in H4. Just cause the other team stomped you doesn't mean its bad, thats MM's fault.
I don't think I've ever played a competitive Flag Slayer match. Pretty much we just poop on the other team.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's more fair to the players if you think about it. Using the same maps and spawn times is less for them to have to memorize.
Serious? I think gamers are more than capable of memorizing that kind of information. Also, weapon spawn times are the same across all maps and gametypes. There aren't many. The only difference being 30 minute and 15 minute gametypes. It was harder in Halo 3 actually because of the timer and the fact that you could dirty weapons.

Serious? I think gamers are more than capable of memorizing that kind of information. Also, weapon spawn times are the same across all maps and gametypes. There aren't many. The only difference being 30 minute and 15 minute gametypes. It was harder in Halo 3 actually because of the timer and the fact that you could dirty weapons.
I liked this mechanic a lot

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't exactly love the gametype either, but I did like the fact Jeremiah (and now 343) have tested different scenarios with new gametypes. Sure a "beta" testing grounds playlist would be nice but we already have issues with numbers, so in order for them to continue testing out these new gametypes they cook up (speedpile, Team Hotshot, etc..) they gotta drop em somewhere.

Unless you'd prefer them to not continue trying these new gametypes out?

You're right. But I still don't really care for the gametype. Any objective game where kills matter can turn into bad news quick

edit: although in 2 flag slayer kills barely matter

CyReN

Why can't MLG ever have more than 6 different maps? Not every map needs both slayer and objective. Find a way to fit in 7 maps or something.

And no Beaver CTF? wtf

MLG is about arena maps, Halo Reach is very unfriendly until 343i came out with the maps. Nothing to do with memorization either, it's what plays the best competitively. Also another factor is there are only 11 gametypes and there where some issues with Forge World.

I personally like the 11 they picked, I know CTF was expected but it just didn't play well.

I don't think I've ever played a competitive Flag Slayer match. Pretty much we just poop on the other team.

What do you mean I compete with you guys to see who can backsmack the other players quicker on zealot. Thats as competitive as it gets?

I'm not saying its not fucked up right now, but its not the gametype, the gametype is decent.

Flag might be better suited at 25 points instead of 50.

Risen

MLG is about arena maps, Halo Reach is very unfriendly until 343i came out with the maps. Nothing to do with memorization either, it's what plays the best competitively. Also another factor is there are only 11 gametypes and there where some issues with Forge World.

I personally like the 11 they picked, I know CTF was expected but it just didn't play well.

I don't think Penance played that well. I'm all for adding maps to be fresh, but that map in an MLG setting, 4v4, did nothing for me. It all boils down to room based combat. Once in a room, there are only a couple doors (in one case only 1). It creates really poor movement with limited options and sight lines. Players are either completely isolated, or too clumped up.

CyReN

I don't think Penance played that well. I'm all for adding maps to be fresh, but that map in an MLG setting, 4v4, did nothing for me. It all boils down to room based combat. Once in a room, there are only a couple doors (in one case only 1). It creates really poor movement with limited options and sight lines. Players are either completely isolated, or too clumped up.

It seems a bit clustered to me also, maybe I have to play it more.

GG btw.

zap

I haven't been keeping up. Does anyone have any confidence on there being actual Halo 4 news at this press event tomorrow?

I don't know, there was a rumour in a magazine somewhere and then it was avoided by Frankie and David (not that that means anything).

Then there was a post from Frankie that people assumed meant don't get your hopes up, but I didn't read it like that.

I really hope that we do, but there is no certainty at all :/

Would we actually know tomorrow if there is Halo stuff? Or would we not know until the embargo lifts? At the very most tomorrow im just hoping to see a journalist post "Just saw Halo 4, see the first look, 5th March" on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom