• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
2820210-gallery.png

Beyond the typical cosmetic customization options, players will be able to augment their Spartan IV’s abilities and weapon loadouts, altering their gameplay styles for the first time.
That sounds concerning. Kind of like an extension of the annoyance of selecting loadouts in Reach.

TCKaos

Whoa whoa whoa, Frankie says they've made a compelling fictional reason why the red spartans will be fighting the blue spartans in MP... Are we going to see some kind of Spartan in-fighting in Halo 4?

If I remember properly, the SPARTAN IVs are ordinary volunteers that have undergone an augmentation process. This is probably some form of testing, or a form of weeding out the inferiors.

Though you would hope one might do that before you spent the money to augment them.

Homeboyd

"During the presentation, we saw a couple of icons on the player's HUD that show where (what looked to be) power weapons were located on the map at all times."

"And on that subject, know that vehicles will still be a part of the experience and Assassinations will be back too, badder than ever."

"The Covenant will play a role in the story as well, but they aren't an opposing force. "

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If I remember properly, the SPARTAN IVs are ordinary volunteers that have undergone an augmentation process. This is probably some form of testing, or a form of weeding out the inferiors.
Ah, good point.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I was kind of expecting this; they kept the reveal as controlled as possible.

I'm officially on board with the armor design. Still not a fan of the split across the chest, but that's the Chief. No mistaking him.

Well, we were playing it live for the press. :)

Arnie

Is it selfish to want a trailer to go along with that doc?

No. After such a prolonged period of darkness I think what we've seen today is still a tad short of satisfying.

I like most of what I've seen, the BR, the pace, the maps, and the sound, however an actual trailer would've been great. And even though I appreciate the Vidoc, there's very little actual substance to it.

I don't want to come across too ungrateful, I'm not, and I'm pleased with what we've seen, but it's hard not to feel let down slightly by the lack of playable code, prolonged gameplay footage or even a trailer. We've got three deliberately vague screenshots and around 30 seconds of actual gameplay footage.

Solid start for 343, I just hope the next content dump isn't too far away.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, perks.

So, umm, how's that gonna be balanced. Maybe limited to certain playlists... Man, I'm definitely skeptical.

"Oh, and if you'd like the watch that Halo 4 video on your TV, might I suggest loading up @HaloWaypoint on your Xbox 360. :)"
Youtube only shows 30 FPS max.

wat

No. After such a prolonged period of darkness I think what we've seen today is still a tad short of satisfying.

I like most of what I've seen, the BR, the pace, the maps, and the sound, however an actual trailer would've been great. And even though I appreciate the Vidoc, there's very little actual substance to it.

I don't want to come across too ungrateful, I'm not, and I'm pleased with what we've seen, but it's hard not to feel let down slightly by the lack of playable code, prolonged gameplay footage or even a trailer. We've got three deliberately vague screenshots and around 30 seconds of actual gameplay footage.

Solid start for 343, I just hope the next content dump isn't too far away.

That's kinda where I'm at. This is a nice appertizer, but it aint no damn buffet. From the, what, 30 seconds of actual gameplay we got to see, it looked nice.

But now we got perks, wtf frankie

GhaleonEB

Well, we were playing it live for the press. :)

But the press didn't play it, from what I've read. :p

No one has commented on the gameplay. Just how it looked.

The most exciting thing so far is the return of the BR. Burst fire was the correct way to manage weapon range control and shot pacing. Huge, huge relief to see it return.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was expecting a trailer + articles from gaming sites, with a BTS later on in the day.

We still have no clue what enemy we're fighting.

Also, where's Devo and Domino! :p

Tunavi

Banned
just woke up, but noticed sprint WITHOUT other armor abilities.

that symmetrical map looks like a halo 1 map.

High jump height.

fucking BR.

I'm so excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom