• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1kkZ

Not a single instance of slowdown. The only time you'll ever hit a hitch is the classic "Loading ...Done", but that lasts only for a split second, and when transitioning to the next part of the level, so it's never in the middle of combat. No issues such as the Reach frame rate drops, no consistently low frame rate from CEA. Just buttery smooth.

if that is true...mother of god.

nillapuddin

You could try centering the odd one out at the bottom, it might help the uneven visuals.

I crashed head first into the 24k post limit for the thread, and will be snagging your armor ability section as well, with permission. :) (Could you post a version with transparent background?)

It'll chop out a chunk of text.

no worries

PM'ing you link to entire transparent section

Would really like to know if its safe to go online with this yet, I mean its only 6 days so I don't think I would get banned. Then again its Microsoft so I don't know :/

Call Microsoft and sacrifice the store you bought it from and they'll probably exempt you...well, that would be the douchey way to go at least.

Monumental and wwmonkey, neither of you have had the opportunity to play SpOps yet? Can you tell us what you know about that? Are the first set of five already on the disc and ready to play, or have they already been released by 343?

wwm0nkey

Call Microsoft and sacrifice the store you bought it from and they'll probably exempt you...well, that would be the douchey way to go at least.

I don't know what store it came from, my friend just gave me some dudes email and I bought it from him.

Monumental and wwmonkey, neither of you have had the opportunity to play SpOps yet? Can you tell us what you know about that? Are the first set of five already on the disc and ready to play, or have they already been released by 343?

I haven't dared to go online yet.

While the first set might be on the disc, you still need to connect to Xbox Live to access them. No other way. I'll just wait the week to play them.

Moa

Season 1 is on the second disc.

Buddermilk

Neo Member
wwm0nkey, not sure if you saw me ask this before, but did you ever encounter the "Return to Battlefield' death barrier while exploring the campaign?

Oh yeah, Bregmann Roche and I just registered for the Fight Like a Girl 2v2 tournament, which is a fundraiser for breast and cervical cancer research. We should get some more HaloGAFers signed up. I think I saw Tashi and Hypertrooper talking about it?

It's $20, and happens on Saturday, November 17 (my birthday :-D).

http://www.flagtournament.com/
Why are you INCREASING our competition??? This goes against our "beat the worst" strategy for victory.

I take it that you and Bregmann will be competing in the Grifball portion of the tournament?
Griffball replaces Team Slayer in Halo 4.

Trey

wow. that was my biggest fear, i just couldnt believe 343 achieved those visuals and a solid framerate.

If co-op runs well online, then Halo 4 will be a successful pivot. Spops is the most extensive DLC content undertaking a console game has dared yet. A game with playable, TV-esque seasons. That MS money is long.

Akai__

Someone mentioned it already, but it seems like everybody forget about it or didn't care, but this Forerunner glyph appeared, when the ONI screen falshed, in the SpOps video:

9RX0m.jpg

I can't figure out, which letter or number it is. Played a little bit, with the video in After Effects and in Sony Vegas, but this is the best I got.

TheOddOne

You could try centering the odd one out at the bottom, it might help the uneven visuals.

I crashed head first into the 24k post limit for the thread, and will be snagging your armor ability section as well, with permission. :) (Could you post a version with transparent background?)

It'll chop out a chunk of text.
fry.gif

Karl2177

Good news and bad news from me today.

The good news first: My LE OST just shipped and it has a latest ETA of next Monday.

The bad news: My laptop won't boot. Which means the something-something that Tashi and I were working on is mostly gone. It also means that I lost all of the HaloGAF player data that I had collected. On the plus side, I believe it was only the boot sector that failed, so hopefully I can recover most of that when I get a new laptop.

How long till the Halo4orge OT goes up? :D

I was originally just going to wait and post it alongside the Halo OT, but if people want it up early I can totally do that. I'm heading out for now, but if people decide they want the Forge OT soon to hold them over I can put it up in a couple hours probably. It is pretty much done, just gotta do a couple reviews of it and tweak a couple things.

Raide

I was originally just going to wait and post it alongside the Halo OT, but if people want it up early I can totally do that. I'm heading out for now, but if people decide they want the Forge OT soon to hold them over I can put it up in a couple hours probably. It is pretty much done, just gotta do a couple reviews of it and tweak a couple things.

Don't rush just for me. :D

Just pop it up when you're ready and ForgeGAF will migrate over anyway.

wwm0nkey

I want to see if Monumental feels the same way about this as I do but I feel like Halo 4 has the best aiming system of any FPS out there, I have never been able to do twitch shots or anything like that but in Halo 4 the aiming is just so perfect that I just think about it and it happens. Its so spot on and its like nothing I have ever experienced and its kind of hard to describe but it just flows so nicely.

S1kkZ

I want to see if Monumental feels the same way about this as I do but I feel like Halo 4 has the best aiming system of any FPS out there, I have never been able to do twitch shots or anything like that but in Halo 4 the aiming is just so perfect that I just think about it and it happens. Its so spot on and its like nothing I have ever experienced and its kind of hard to describe but it just flows so nicely.

ok guys, please stop now. the wait is getting a bit painful with your glowing impressions here...

;)

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member

Sounds like 343i cranked the AutoAim to max settings =p

exYle

How long is the first season of Spartan Ops supposed to last? Also, any idea if Season 2 comes with the Season Pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom