• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
This is the last one.

And I've watched two prior to this.

i really don't understand what you're going for, man.

Now i get it, so let me rephrase;

"I'm glad at the age of 21, finally able to vote (missed the last election by about 3 weeks), that I'm actually watching the debates"
--this is the first time in my life that i've watched debates. not just tonight, but the past three weeks in a row. I'm using the word time to cover these past few--

sorry for the misunderstanding

Jedi Otter

'Kay, so to answer my own question, I guess this fully confirms FUD is streaming only through waypoint.

Nkuxl.jpg

That's gonna look like shit on my 3mb internet speed... :\

m23

What the hell? Damn it, I got excited when they said "download code" in the unboxings, and now this? I have a good connection and all, but I do have bandwidth limits.

Does Waypoint even allow buffering?

I believe if you pop into full screen mode an pause then it will increase both the resolution and the playback reliability.

You could PM someone over at Waypoint but I doubt they'll answer from the "person in the know".

It's fairly standard in silverlight players and windows style hosting that Waypoint use though.

Anyone who blames a handicapped team for sticking around is myopic. You're just as able and free to quit as they are. That point is indisputable. Arguing that the onus is on them is unsound.

It's nice that Halo 4 seeks to ameliorate some of these issues.

Sanjuro

Anyone who blames a handicapped team for sticking around is being a selfish prick. You're just as able and free to quit as they are. That point is indisputable. Arguing that the onus is on them is unsound.

Yeah, I don't believe I've ever quit a game of Halo. I'll stick around and wait if I'm playing 1v4.

TCKaos

All these debates have done is convince me that my only hope is to write in Oddball on Swordbase.

It's the only sensible decision.

Homeboyd

Anyone who blames a handicapped team for sticking around is myopic. You're just as able and free to quit as they are. That point is indisputable. Arguing that the onus is on them is unsound.

It's nice that Halo 4 seeks to ameliorate some of these issues.
I agree. Just my personal opinion. I will never quit a game because I'm outmatched even if I hear someone screaming on their microphone for me to because it isn't "fun" for them anymore. I never could understand why they couldn't quit if they were that bored. No, I should quit because you want me to?

Doesn't matter anymore however, get JIP'ed!

I agree. Just my personal opinion. I will never quit a game because I'm outmatched even if I hear someone screaming on their microphone for me to because it isn't "fun" for them anymore. I never could understand why they couldn't quit if they were that bored. No, I should quit because you want me to?

I agree. :) I maybe quit one or two games ever and it was typically playtesting related. If they are bored, then they can quit.

Fire Juices.

Ughh I think its easier for ONE person to quit than four especially considering Halo is STILL p2p and there would be a much higher chance one of those four have host and you'd get blackscreens in the process of them quitting out. So good.

How do you not see this as being selfish? Because you don't want to quit out and start a new game you make four others run around a map searching for you and killing you over and over? For shame.

Wow! A sailboat!

No it's a schooner...then something like "a schooner is a sailboat".

So I have one question: why hasn't the "Extraction" gametype been officially revealed yet?

Here here, seconded. Hoping we see some details/footage before launch...

Ughh I think its easier for ONE person to quit than four especially considering Halo is STILL p2p and there would be a much higher chance one of those four have host and you'd get blackscreens in the process of them quitting out. Also in the same vein of your argument.

So good.

I always quit if there is a lot of time remaining and I'm the only one left. The other team deserves the win and to recycle back to the player pool.

If it's less fun for them all the better. They're the enemy, I'm supposed to be killing them, and they were probably taunting me in the pregame lobby knowing Reach's playerbase. I'm certainly not going to quit to give 10 year old teabagging BKs a better experience.

How do you not see this as being selfish? Because you don't want to quit out and start a new game you make four others run around a map searching for you and killing you over and over? For shame.

For some of us it is fun to force the other team to earn their win. Just because my teammates cop-ed out doesn't mean I will. Now if they ask me politely then I will quit out. I've had this happen once. Otherwise it is just a bunch of tryhards whining and saying how much I suck... lol. Then I assassinate one of them and they feel like an idiot.

I actually enjoy playing... 1v4 or otherwise. I'm not going to stop playing because my teammates decided they were going to.

Homeboyd

To be fair, and to Juices point, he's talking extremes. 8v1, etc... and also probably considering the 1 player is hiding. What I said above was what I typically experience in an uneven match (like a 4v2, or 8v5, 8v4, etc...). Yeah I've been on BTB teams where all but 1 person quits in the first minute of the match and it's 8 people trying to hunt down 1 person that is hiding and I get that it sucks, because it does. But after a couple minutes, I can usually tell if the person is hiding and whether or not I'm going to be jumping around for 14 minutes with nothing to do... at which point I could quit. I usually just goof around but I certainly understand people that would want to quit there.

I was referring to slightly less extreme uneven matches.

See above.

Damn you guys are all so damn selfish. "Fuck those other people, I'm staying in, the less fun they're having the better". "Fuck this one guy, just quit you little tryhard so we can move on, geez"

Thank you based Frankie for Join-in-Progress

Omni

'Kay, so to answer my own question, I guess this fully confirms FUD is streaming only through waypoint.

Nkuxl.jpg

Download from Youtube at HD, put all the episodes together in Windows movie maker. Done.

Karl2177

Not true, its included in the LE. Yet that doesn't add any value for me. I'd much rather have the FuD series all that money. Get dedi's instead. This would have a positive impact on something that actually matters, THE ACTUAL GAME OF HALO. The thing we will be playing thousands of games of in a few short weeks.

Added value.

Where the hell would that money go if it wasnt used for FuD? Into some top exec from M$'s pocket? Hell no way ahead of time they said lets put this much cash into Halo, lets divide it like this. Then they went and it was so.

There's more to the Halo universe than just the game nowadays, hence Frank's title is franchise manager. Are you gonna go out and complain because the Sabres decided to place some money in a documentary on some winning season, instead of spending the money to recruit some not shitty players?

JackHerer

Because surprises.

Also schedules.

It just seems strange that something like this would be saved for the last remaining days before launch. It's not exactly anything mind blowing from what I've heard. It's basically territories with a slight twist. Dominion seems way more fun/interesting.

I wonder if it will have its own playlist like Dominion and CTF.

Homeboyd

Damn you guys are all so damn selfish. "Fuck those other people, I'm staying in, the less fun they're having the better". "Fuck this one guy, just quit you little tryhard so we can move on, geez"

Thank you based Frankie for Join-in-Progress
You're talking extremes like Juices. i.e. down to the last man vs a full team. That's not what I was talking about.

Nkuxl.jpg

That sucks, we should get a download of it. It would only be fair considering we've almost lost every other perk of buying special.

ElRenoRaven

So I'm listening to music but just watched the IGN unboxing of the LE and did I see right? Was there no instruction manual for the game? I'm going to assume the standard edition didn't get one either.

So I'm listening to music but just watched the IGN unboxing of the LE and did I see right? Was there no instruction manual for the game? I'm going to assume the standard edition didn't get one either.

The book that has the hard plastic back is essentially the game's manual.

yea i guess im talking about extremes if its not too unbalanced i dont mind it even though i no longer consider it a real game.

but i've just sat in too many extra rounds of alraedy won 1flag chasing around 1 player because hes too stubborn to leave because he wants some credits.

thankfully well have drop in drop out and well just be avalanched with quitting bks in infinity slayer and other playlists?

going to cleanse so many kids lol.

TCKaos

Battlefield 3 came with a small insert and a mention that there's actually a manual on the disc as an extra. I shit you not.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
If you're going to join a game, Join to stay. That's how I play my games.

If you're not having fun, make it fun or quit. Play however you want. Don't expect me to invite you back if you leave.

Drop in Drop out will indeed make it 'easier' for people to quit, and it will help the team that you just ditched because you weren't having a good enough time. This will eliminate my past gripes with quitters as someone will now fill the empty slot, but eh.

I don't know what's more selfish.
For someone to ask someone to stay even if they're having a 'bad game', or for someone to ditch a team and make the game even worse for the remaining party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom