• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

It just seems strange that something like this would be saved for the last remaining days before launch. It's not exactly anything mind blowing from what I've heard. It's basically territories with a slight twist. Dominion seems way more fun/interesting.

I wonder if it will have its own playlist like Dominion and CTF.

But without the leaks would we have even known about it right now?

So I'm listening to music but just watched the IGN unboxing of the LE and did I see right? Was there no instruction manual for the game? I'm going to assume the standard edition didn't get one either.

Welcome to 2012.

Homeboyd

To add; I think there's a big difference between how I play (99% of the time, solo) vs how a lot of you play (teams). So, yeah I get your point... and it will always be skewed when comparing these two types of players. It would suck having a team of 8 (or even 4) all quit and rejoin if a game is dead in the first few minutes. Not sure why this wasn't brought up but it certainly plays a huge factor.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I have come to the conclusion that I have a strong economic interest in the results of the US election.

You Americans better go out there and vote on Nov 6th.

i0yYPUIzDWrFd.png

Omni

Not really relevant, but last night I went through Halo Reach's campaign on Legendary with a friend over Live. I think my nostalgia goggles are starting to turn on because I really enjoyed it....

Drop in Drop out will indeed make it 'easier' for people to quit, and it will help the team that you just ditched because you weren't having a good enough time.

I'm hoping it results in better game experiences but I have an inkling there is potential for it to make things even worse. I guess we won't know until a few months into Halo 4 matchmaking.

I can't see how 343i could reliably test for such things either. Further what of black screens, host migrations, dropped objectives/weapons returning to spawn or disappearing and all that?

Hoping for the best but fearing the worst with drop in/out.

I have come to the conclusion that I have a strong economic interest in the results of the US election.

http://i.minus.com/i0yYPUIzDWrFd.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Romney is just way out of his league man..

[quote="Ozzy Onya A2Z, post: 43495126"]I'm hoping it results in better game experiences but I have an inkling there is potential for it to make things even worse. I guess we won't know until a few months into Halo 4 matchmaking.

I can't see how 343i could reliably test for such things either. Further what of black screens, host migrations, dropped objectives/weapons returning to spawn or disappearing and all that?

Hoping for the best but fearing the worst with drop in/out.[/QUOTE]

All valid points, not to mention how are the lobbies going to be set up? After a game will we go right into another match like CoD or?

v Thunder, you get a code before November 1st as Kaos just said :b

All valid points, not to mention how are the lobbies going to be set up? After a game will we go right into another match like CoD or?.

I know they said drop in/out working during lobby, searching and during the game with a cut-off time/score so you can't join games that are about to finish etc.

Beyond that I don't think they've demo'd or talked about that feature any further. I'd like to see the bulletins iron things like this out rather than rehash content like the last bulletin for the most part.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
There is no out, only brown Na'vi and Sangheili kimonos. You wanted this.
Oh God did I ever not. I hope Episode 4 of FUD knocks it out of the park because I'm sure I did some damage with Legends.

http://i.minus.com/i0yYPUIzDWrFd.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I feel like every time I pay attention to American politics, I shave a few years off my life. But it would be nice if they re-elected Obama, I suppose.

In a little over two weeks, we'll all be playing a new Halo game. It's been weird, wild ride guys, lot of hype, some meltdowns, drama, and even a half-dozen bannings, and I hope it's worth the wait.

and by "we'll all" I mean "all of us except Gui, lol that guy"

You know you love it. CQC camo player... screw sniper rifles. ;)
pNV8i.gif

lol I dont understand that... I know 4 resembles halo 3 more sort of but it adds a million more things than Reach did. Halo 4 is less than a halo game than Reach in my eyes. I haven't played it but the audio is more alien in halo regards than Reach ever was. I really liked 3 but I think its a step back to try to copy it so much. It looks like competitively this game is better though. But Reach was left by Bungie and 343 just let it sit for its last bit of life, will they do the same for 4 in 2 years when 5 is around the corner...not sure. I'm just glad for the campaign and for Chief...
As someone that's played Halo 4, I don't think it resembles Halo 3 at all. Not really Reach at all. It is wholeheartedly it's own beast.

I'd say it takes much more from the first two games in terms of gun kill times and generally faster pace of place than Halo 3.
Omg you guise. Only four hours and fifty three minutes until we get to celebrate Tunavi's birthday!
Sweet Sixteen!
Utxv1.png

had no idea it was big over there.
It's not lol. Asia doesn't play many FPS's.

Holy shit the ~week that Halo 4 comes out is gonna be legit. Wreck It Ralph the Friday before, Halo 4 comes out on Tuesday, taking a day or two off from classes to play it, and then fucking Skyfall on the Friday after Halo 4 comes out. HOLY SHIT.

The LE kind of looks like a joke after that unboxing.

Halo 3 LE unboxing.. the shit falls apart and there are scratches on my discs.

Never forget.

Oh and juices, read this post and felt the need to comment on backpack reloading. That shit went so far to making Halo 1 fast and skillful.. Shoot two Rockets, XXY to Pistol, face the other dudes shooting you and continue the fight immediately if your fingers are fast enough. Doesn't make sense, but I would love if that feature came back. Dexterity is a beast though so definitely gonna be using that B]

I wouldn't mind if Halo 5 added in reloading while sprinting. Fell in love with that after BL2.

v Hey David, UNKNOWN iXi is my gt <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom