• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversing this with an acquaintance of mine:

"Not sure if this info has been released but it has been confirmed that a Halo 2: Anniversary will be released and will feature the full Halo 2 multiplayer experience."

"I phoned Microsoft about so many XBL problems and the guy was talking to me about it on the phone if that has any credability."

Weird. This MS Rep. must be trolling. Idk.

Tashi, how are you doing? I don't think the Nor'easter was that bad after all. You getting snow?

Also, if anyone has room on their FL, feel free to add me. XxDeputyMoonman. Can't decide if I want to pay the 10 dollars to remove the X's or not. At work right now, but I should be on some this weekend.

EDIT: Anyone know who Deras1 is? I think he might be halogaf, but not sure.

kylej

Banned
What kind of startup?

improving business efficiencies, focusing primarily on the financial sector. I lead a team of people where we go into a company and build out fully custom client management/database solutions and integrate that into their workflow process, and also help launch and build different ties into their upcoming products. I deal with a lot of relatively high profile or very successful people at my day job, all I do is parlay my meetings there into this work at night. it's fun but can make for loooong days.

I thought you were involved in politics for some reason

nope, politics is for the birds. DC is a fun city though

improving business efficiencies, focusing primarily on the financial sector. I lead a team of people where we go into a company and build out fully custom client management/database solutions and integrate that into their workflow process, and also help launch and build different ties into their upcoming products. I deal with a lot of relatively high profile or very successful people at my day job, all I do is parlay my meetings there into this work at night. it's fun but can make for loooong days.
That's way more exciting than what I do selling watermelons on the side of the road.
I kid :)

Havok

Just had a CTF game with an idler present and he ended the game with 2 deaths, and one medal. He got extra points for sitting there the entire game doing nothing, being rewarded with a Distraction.

Halo 4: the game where even people who are doing literally nothing get fellated.

MrDaravon

Just had a CTF game with an idler present and he ended the game with 2 deaths, and one medal. He got extra points for sitting there the entire game doing nothing, being rewarded with a Distraction.

Halo 4: the game where even people who aren't playing get fellated.

Do you not get booted for idling in this one?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi, how are you doing? I don't think the Nor'easter was that bad after all. You getting snow?

Also, if anyone has room on their FL, feel free to add me. XxDeputyMoonman. Can't decide if I want to pay the 10 dollars to remove the X's or not. At work right now, but I should be on some this weekend.

EDIT: Anyone know who Deras1 is? I think he might be halogaf, but not sure.

Not getting a lot of snow but it's pretty windy. I'm honestly surprised my power hasn't flickered or anything. Don't wanna jinx it though. Shouldn't be that difficult to shovel the driveway.

orznge

Banned
yeah man all those people playing reach two years after launch were doing it because they were captivated by the ranking system. I can't tell you how enthralling it was to see a bar inch forward at a snails pace, hell I nearly peed myself with excitement when i played 600 games of halo and my half moon icon turned into a full moon icon

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just got matched into another 4v5 game. It was 4v5 the entire game. Why.

On a positive note: Oddball is really fun. Just played Slayer Pro, and that's really fun, too.

Game starts as 4v5 CTF on Solace, yet JIP doesn't get us a guy the entire game. Fuck.
lol, so we're not the only ones.

volturnus

Banned
So much random shit in this game. For every orgasmic five shot, or every neat triple on a game of Team Slayer Pro, there's a random weapon spawn, or some arbitrary ordnance, or an instantly respawning opponent. This game feels really different to Halo, to me, even if that core loop is somewhat similar.
I agree it might have a different tone, but I'm enjoying it so far. There's a lot of room for improvement, though.
I mean, Oddball and King of the Hill but no SWAT or Multi Team playlists?

I agree it might have a different tone, but I'm enjoying it so far. There's a lot of room for improvement, though.
I mean, Oddball and King of the Hill but no SWAT or Multi Team playlists?

Because Oddball and King of the Hill are gametypes of the core game (5v5, standard settings, standard objective gametypes). Those are the kind of things that MM should be based around.

SWAT is a fringe gametype due to it's one-shot kill nature. Multi-team is fringe because of it's 3 or 4 team setup. Not saying that both of those aren't fun, but there is a reason that the playlists that currently occupy MM do so.

We already know a SWAT playlist is coming though, look out for tomorrow's bulletin.

Made the switch to bumper jumper. It feels so much better. I still accidentally crouch quite a bit though.
I'm still adjusting. I switched from Boxer to BJ on Monday. It's a lot of fun playing Reach the night of 4's release and getting multiple messages from players saying I suck. Switching to a new controller scheme is brutal. I think BJ in 4 is the the best overall scheme. I prefer AA's on the ABXY buttons along with sprint.

malfcn

Couple of questions about Halo 3 (and general).
If there used to be 12 rings, what happened to them? (Especially if they Ark was rebuilding one).
Why didn't the array go online after Halo 1?
And was the only reason the array and galaxy wasn't destroyed because 004 wasn't complete?
Is the array still online?

m23

Couple of questions about Halo 3 (and general).
If there used to be 12 rings, what happened to them? (Especially if they Ark was rebuilding one).
Why didn't the array go online after Halo 1?
And was the only reason the array and galaxy wasn't destroyed because 004 wasn't complete?

Read Cryptum/Primordium. I think Halo Legends also explains it, the Origins video.

malfcn

And I don't trust the Flood and Covenant are finished. I know Covies are in 4, and Flood is only a gametype. The books go into all that too?

Booties

Banned

Didn't know you were a Six Sigma blackbelt.

I have had a K/D of 1.5 in every single Halo ever made. This is the first Halo game I've ever been sub 1.0 at any point.

And unless I can figure out why 80% of my kills are turning into assists, it's not going to change.

m23

And I don't trust the Flood and Covenant are finished. I know Covies are in 4, and Flood is only a gametype. The books go into all that too?

The covenant being in Halo 4 is covered in Glasslands/Thursday War...moreso in Thursday War.

If anyone does need a 1 month xbl code, PM me because I'll be sleeping soon so I might miss your response on the thread.

I was mostly using the DMR today, but on certain maps I've been leaning the BR. I'm getting used to the recoil and the firing cadence and I'm getting pretty decent with it.

Best game today was an intense CTF on Ragnarok I played with Lunchbox. 5 flag caps to 4. I got the CLUTCHEST Spartan Laser on these two guys in a Warthog, right before they were gonna get free reign to take our flag. I mean, just a split second more of machine gun fire and I was fucking dead.

Is the Spartan Laser slower to fire now? And does it not kill anymore? I hit a guy and his shields just popped >_>

List of changes I'd like to see:

1. More small maps. I'm already sick of playing Haven every other match of Infinity Slayer.

2. BTB Objective. Capture the Flag, KotH, hell throw in Dominion, that gametype is dying for more players to fully utilize all the weapons and vehicles.

3. Take out Promethean Vision. Not nerf, not change, just straight up remove it. This was a bad idea, 343i. Go up against a decent team with at least one of these guys, flanking/sneaking/surprise just goes completely out the window. You can see the whole damn map most of the time.

4. Change the lobby music, it's repetitive droning noise kinda kills the atmosphere.

Havok

Abandon CTF is complete garbage. Side note: we had flag, guy killed DopeyFish who was carrying it, it goes through the geometry into a wall. We couldn't pick it up and lost a cap because of it. Sounds like 2004.
Do you not get booted for idling in this one?
It takes more than one game, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom