• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Alright, the light rifle is definitely my thing. The triple burst and single shot in one was helping me out tonight. Still a bit frustrated that I can't pull away from the .500 mark on k/d. Maybe I'm running around too much or something.

Dominion is fun unless the banshee spawn camps you. Oddball is awesome unless your "teammate" is really working for the other team.

I just need to get better.

I used the Light Rifle all day today after I unlocked it, and although it is fun as hell to use, I noticed that after I got used to the Light Rifle and got a DMR in my hands, I was deadly.

Also, Banshees make Dominion fun. There are MANY ways to control them.

Havok

Dominion is fun when half the games don't end in a minute and a half. Later on down the line when people know how to play it that'll hopefully be less of an issue.
The "teammate" thing happened to us tonight in Adrift CTF. Won 3-0 still but it wasn't fun.
I still wonder how that happened. He must have tried to JIP his teammates after their team had been paired with their random and that guy got put onto our team instead. Completely moronic. As soon as the search process begins, the system should lock the party.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I used the Light Rifle all day today after I unlocked it, and although it is fun as hell to use, I noticed that after I got used to the Light Rifle and got a DMR in my hands, I was deadly.

Also, Banshees make Dominion fun. There are MANY ways to control them.

Hmm, I'll have to switch back to the DMR and see if I'm a bit better. I just love the LR three round burst when doing hip fire though.

I just can't escape going even though. It's like a curse through my Halo career. I think I run head first into battles too much.

Ramirez

How about instead of ending the game, they just get an OS to aid them in capping a base? Dunno, not really a fan of the 30 second games though.

Ryaaan14

Banned
How about instead of ending the game, they just get an OS to aid them in capping a base? Dunno, not really a fan of the 30 second games though.

Dominion was all I played today, and in my experience so far the Last Stand mechanic works out incredibly well.

In fact I really have no gripes with Dominion at all, except for one small annoyance. When you capture a base and it freezes you in place for like 2 seconds even after you're finished capturing.

nillapuddin

You can't change the color of the CIO helmet's eyes. :(

not just that helmet, there are a handful of helmets and other armor pieces that have that glitched light on them

its pure white, Ive been posting about it for awhile but idk why its like that way
its been like that in the screenshots for months

McNei1y

I'm amazed it's been five years since we last played MCs story. I wonder how long it'll be until the next game. My guess is a year after next gen.

I really enjoyed the campaign/story.

Havok

Is it just me or are some of the rank ups to get items kind of arbitrary. Why not just give us certain things on the onset?
What, you don't think having to unlock backgrounds for your emblem (which may or may not even be in the game, who knows until you get within 5 or so levels of the unlock point) is rad? Don't worry, there are at least two packs of them spread across the progression system, so you'll have something to work for.

The melee in this game is utter trash. It feels like it extends half as far as it ought to. I can have a dude filling my entire 54" screen, dead on, and I'll still whiff short.

I'm amazed it's been five years since we last played MCs story. I wonder how long it'll be until the next game. My guess is a year after next gen.

I really enjoyed the campaign/story.

I'm personally thinking launch title for the next gen xbox. I've also had this thing in the back of my mind that the Halo 4 cutscenes are in fact running on demo next gen xbox hardware and they just render it all out for now.

It seems to me the studio, process, equipment and talent at 343i have been building, tooling and refining for all things, not just the 360. They have mocap, facialcap, actors, sound, high res models and textures from FUD, live action and cutscenes to writers, unified lore etc.

What if those very cutscenes are in fact an new game engine in progress for the next generation? It would leapfrog Halo 5, launch title for next gen xbox and have all the artwork, animation, engine assets etc ready to go while they were delivering Halo 4.

Personally if I was writing the blank cheque years ago for 343i I would have given this modus operandi as the company motto.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Is it just me or are some of the rank ups to get items kind of arbitrary. Why not just give us certain things on the onset?

It seems to be pretty good in terms of slowly giving you goodies though. Although I got the things I wanted very early on. Now I'm just stockpiling points.

One thing that annoyed me in Reach and is in Halo 4 is adding stars next to locked items and calling them new. They're not new if you can't have them yet. Add stars next to things I have unlocked.

Redford

aka Cabbie
The melee in this game is utter trash. It feels like it extends half as far as it ought to. I can have a dude filling my entire 54" screen, dead on, and I'll still whiff short.

It is pretty odd sometimes, but I remember wishing for a virtually non-existent melee lunge during Reach, so I am quite happy with it overall.

So much gunplay is incredible. BKs go for double melees only when appropriate.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind the armory + emblem unlocks. I think it's kinda fun to have to earn that stuff, though some of the requirements are bothersome.

Also: Slayer Pro is fucking fun.

Also Also: I'm playing solo if anyone wants to shoot me an invite.

It is pretty odd, but I remember wishing for a virtually non-existent melee lunge during Reach, so I am quite happy with it.

So much gunplay is incredible. BKs go for double melees only when appropriate.

Well, it matches the impotent grenade throws quite nicely for a double whammy that renders the shoot/grenade/melee trifecta at the core of Halo quite irrelevant in the face of mashy-mashy, shooty-shooty at all times.

Slayer Pro effectively makes Infinity Slayer obsolete to me. Though I could still use DMR/BRs placed on maps, it would be nice to get ammo from somewhere other than corpses.

I don't mind the armory + emblem unlocks. I think it's kinda fun to have to earn that stuff, though some of the requirements are bothersome.

Also: Slayer Pro is fucking fun.

Also Also: I'm playing solo if anyone wants to shoot me an invite.
I don't care about armour unlocks, but I am a bit annoyed at the emblem stuff. Mostly because I want to use the one I've been using for a while now but I don't even know if it's available for people who just got the game, and if so, what level it unlocks at. Every level I go without it in sight is just frustrating.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Remove the Mantis, make BTB non-Infinity and add in objective gametypes, remove Promethean Vision, and then you'd have maybe the best Halo.

There's a great game in here, but sometimes it's hard to see it. At least for me.

Fuck it, now I just quit out of games any time I start 0-2. If it's clear my DMR ain't doing damage in the room, why the fuck stay around?

I think I've played 100 games and finished maybe 24?

Ken

Remove the Mantis, make BTB non-Infinity and add in objective gametypes, remove Promethean Vision, and then you'd have maybe the best Halo.

There's a great game in here, but sometimes it's hard to see it. At least for me.

Remove Complex and Global Ordnance from Slayer Pro. Best playlist.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Well, it matches the impotent grenade throws quite nicely for a double whammy that renders the shoot/grenade/melee trifecta at the core of Halo quite irrelevant in the face of mashy-mashy, shooty-shooty at all times.

Considering Reach was one of your favorites I can see why this would be extra upsetting.

For everyone else the triangle has gone back to normal i.e. not poopy.

Also it sounds like your connection is to blame, there's literally no way to fault the game for the problems you've been having AFAIK.

Havok

Something on Waypoint: Is there really no way to see total kills, deaths, and assists for a player that isn't yourself? I'm looking a few peoples' service records now and you can see the kills for a single playlist in the "Most Played Variant" section, and you can see their commendation progress, but the commendation only shows the progress of the current level, not as a whole (and I'm not going to memorize the different levels of each commendation in order to calculate it). Why does the "Stats Summary" section not have this, instead making space to show how many Spartan Points someone has earned or the number of loadout items bought? Who cares?

Maybe it's not a great measurement, and maybe I'm a bad person for doing so, but I used to use that information a lot when people I wasn't familiar with in gaming-side Halo threads started spouting a bunch of bullshit so I could see if they knew what the hell they were talking about, or if I just didn't have someone on my friends list. If that information really isn't available, then Waypoint has done the impossible and is actually now less useful than it was before. I like how well it performs now, but man, I wish they would have parity with Bungie's site on the information they present.

I think it is an aim problem not a weapon problem. ;)

I think fuck you. :)

See, I know what the color red is, and when I see it on my reticule that is supposed to indicate a shot on target. Moreover, I know what hash-marks around the reticule look like, and they are present indicating a shot on target.

And you know what would also be cool? Not geting two-shot by a shotgun at BR range a respawn after I shoot a the dude with that very same shotgun at point blank.

Oh, and if the enemies couldn't walk through my grenade blasts like they were spring showers.

Ken

So what's special about Promethean weapons aside from looking like Forge pieces?

Covenant plasma weaponry was good at tearing shields and human weapons against unshielded enemies. Don't really get the specialty of the Promethean weapons aside from the special effects.

Hey, I'm happy for 343i. They certainly achieved what was clearly their goal. They made Halo as shitty and easily digestible as CoD.

Ironically enough, this will be the first Halo that actually deserves to be hilariously outsold by the CoD title of the same year.

So what's special about Promethean weapons aside from looking like Forge pieces?

Covenant plasma weaponry was good at tearing shields and human weapons against unshielded enemies. Don't really get the specialty of the Promethean weapons aside from the special effects.
They're strong, I guess. Light Rifle 4 shots, Bolt Shot can one shot, Incineration Cannon is the only thing that can one shot a Mantis, Binary Rifle one shots.

Redford

aka Cabbie

Light Rifle's reticule psyches me out like the H3 BR's did. Supressor is the Suppressor. =/ and the Boltshot is actually tricky to get the 1-shot with, which is excellent.

The power-weapons are cool both aesthetically and the way they would play in a normal, classic spawn system. Low ammo/mag size, basically skins for the Rocket Launcher but with their own unique quirks.

I do hope they are removed from PO.

These rage posts are amazing.

It was interesting how many people I heard in game-chat on launch night bitching like this, I just didn't understand, especially only two days in.

Ken

They're strong, I guess. Light Rifle 4 shots, Bolt Shot can one shot, Incineration Cannon is the only thing that can one shot a Mantis, Binary Rifle one shots.

I was hoping it'd be something more interesting than just being powerful. Kind of wish all of them had dual firing modes like the light rifle and boltshot.

heckfu

Banned
For a guy that hates Halo, bigshow is absolutely donging on Juices stream right now.

Hey, I'm happy for 343i. They certainly achieved what was clearly their goal. They made Halo as shitty and easily digestible as CoD.

Ironically enough, this will be the first Halo that actually deserves to be hilariously outsold by the CoD title of the same year.

Oooh me me, I want attention!

Killing people in this game is way easier than Reach, I don't understand your conniption fit.

Double post, I know... but what thread do I favor, I don't even know!

Another (better) angle from my warthog launch in MP.

PQ6iX.jpg

Incineration Cannon vs Warthog

Here is the other angle
Youtube

Let me know if that picture should be re-sized...

Ryaaan14

Banned
Double post, I know... but what thread do I favor, I don't even know!

Another (better) angle from my warthog launch in MP.

http://i.imgur.com/PQ6iX.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://youtu.be/nhNn1OEqunA"][B][U]Incineration Cannon vs Warthog[/U][/B][/URL]

Here is the other angle
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSiFlTW3h2g"]Youtube[/URL]

[I]Let me know if that picture should be re-sized...[/I][/QUOTE]

That is fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom