• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was mostly using the DMR today, but on certain maps I've been leaning the BR. I'm getting used to the recoil and the firing cadence and I'm getting pretty decent with it.

Best game today was an intense CTF on Ragnarok I played with Lunchbox. 5 flag caps to 4. I got the CLUTCHEST Spartan Laser on these two guys in a Warthog, right before they were gonna get free reign to take our flag. I mean, just a split second more of machine gun fire and I was fucking dead.

Is the Spartan Laser slower to fire now? And does it not kill anymore? I hit a guy and his shields just popped >_>

DMR is what I've been leaning towards. Getting used to stuff still for the most part. BTB was okay.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ideal default would have Crouch(L3), Reload(B) and Sprint(X). It's annoying facing people would who can actively crouch and shoot.

JIP is also dicking around too much starting matches 4v5.

On Xbox Live. Game tells me to be on Xbox Live to play multi. lol what.
Had this happen to me after the match, threw everyone out the party, I had to switch Network back to Xbox Live.

m23

Seems like quite a few people aren't having fun with Halo 4. I'm having a blast, probably because I usually have a full party to play with most of the time, so no randoms to piss me off. I'm loving it so far, Dominion is awesome.

Trey

I must be the only one who's not having that much fun in matchmaking.

Must be. Shame, that. I'll run some games with you.

I like PV but it's straight up broken. The game is fun but Infinity Slayer in competitively invalid.

It's good fun though and I can accept that.

The UI is just awful. It's so bloated and slow.

I was going to do a 3 part review with Campaign, MP, and SPOPS/Theater/Forge but now I think I will just do it all at once. I'll try to write something up over the weekend. I'm in that strange half competitive half casual mix and I care about the story.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Seems like quite a few people aren't having fun with Halo 4. I'm having a blast, probably because I usually have a full party to play with most of the time, so no randoms to piss me off. I'm loving it so far, Dominion is awesome.
I am, but I'm trying to speak only about the issues I'm experiencing in case 343 is looking for feedback for things they could possibly fix.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Come on, there's like 100k people in Infinity Slayer.

Is asking for 1 fair match too much to ask? The last 2 days, I'm either donging or getting donged on.

volturnus

Banned
Because Oddball and King of the Hill are gametypes of the core game (5v5, standard settings, standard objective gametypes). Those are the kind of things that MM should be based around.

SWAT is a fringe gametype due to it's one-shot kill nature. Multi-team is fringe because of it's 3 or 4 team setup. Not saying that both of those aren't fun, but there is a reason that the playlists that currently occupy MM do so.

We already know a SWAT playlist is coming though, look out for tomorrow's bulletin.
Makes sense, though Oddball and King of the Hill could easily be in a Team Objective/Social Skirmish together.
Nice to know SWAT is coming soon, but I hope Multi Team does as well, since it compensates for the lack of Team Doubles and it's also quite fun.
Getting pooped on using the BR, anyone using Light Rifle in their loadouts?
I've been trying the Light Rifle for the last 10 matches or so, and every performance with it was worse than with the DMR.
The slower rate of fire+smaller clip seem to make quite a difference in Slayer games, but then again, the BR/DMR/LR are well balanced judging by the stats, so it's personal.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Abandon CTF is complete garbage. Side note: we had flag, guy killed DopeyFish who was carrying it, it goes through the geometry into a wall. We couldn't pick it up and lost a cap because of it. Sounds like 2004.

It takes more than one game, apparently.

That flag clip turned a sure victory into a sure loss

Yay

Havok

Hit the XP limit in just 22 DXP games. That's...a lot lower than I was expecting. It was about 4 hours and some change of playing, which isn't unusual for a good night.

Ramirez

I must be taking the crazy pills, this game has been a non stop dong fest for me, I love it.

I hit the cap at like midnight yesterday and played until 4:30, I don't give a fuq.

Ken

If i try to launch it from game it black screens and freezes my xbox. So at least you can launch it...

This happens to me too. I updated it last night without going through Halo 4 disc but have yet to see if that fixes the freezing.

Hit the XP limit in just 22 DXP games. That's...a lot lower than I was expecting. It was about 4 hours and some change of playing, which isn't unusual for a good night.

I've been playing all day yesterday and did not hit the cap. No DXP.

Ryaaan14

Banned

In Reach was the credit cap lifted at a set time? Or is it like a 24 hour wait?

Never had it happen before.

Havok

In Reach was the credit cap lifted at a set time? Or is it like a 24 hour wait?

Never had it happen before.
I'm not sure, actually. I've heard people mention something about setting the clock forward during Reach days, but I'm not sure if that was for the credit cap or not.
I've been playing all day yesterday and did not hit the cap. No DXP.
Yeah I suspect that the double XP thing is blowing it out of proportion, but when folks have 200 of those games stocked up (definitely not me), it's strange that the cap isn't higher.

After about 5 games, the game is pretty great so far. Only dislike at the moment is join in progress; was never a fan of it in CoD and I'm still not a fan of it here.

Oh yeah, Ordnance drop so far are eh. It's no fun running into 2 of 4 enemies with overshields.

I'll be up for more MP after some errands so if anyone wants to add me for games, send me a FR at Capcpom, the official gamertag of Capcom.

Why the name change?

Also is complex the big one?

Who else noticed how quickly weapons de-spawn, especially in campaign? For instance, there will be times when I kill a jackal sniper, run over to his body, and the gun is gone. Or when I drop a weapon to use another for an encounter (juggling) it just vanishes in like 20 seconds. Weapon juggling is also weird, the weapons bounce too much when they hit the ground. I was doing it with a saw and scattershot, and the saw bounced like 4 times off a cliff. Another thing, 343 loves to close doors behind you in campaign. I enter a large area, start getting shot so I try to move back into cover, and surprise! The door shut on me.

Also, Valhalla is bad. So bad. It plays like absolute shit in Halo 4, and you should all be ashamed for being excited for its return. It doesn't help that it's the only map that gets played in BTB either.

But I'm still having fun. UI blows though.

Havok

Core of the game is great, a lot of the extraneous stuff continues to baffle me.
Why the name change?

Also is complex the big one?
Complex is the large one with the white buildings. It's pretty funny to see it in 4v4 playlists.
Who else noticed how quickly weapons de-spawn, especially in campaign? For instance, there will be times when I kill a jackal sniper, run over to his body, and the gun is gone. Or when I drop a weapon to use another for an encounter (juggling) it just vanishes in like 20 seconds.
Yeah weapon despawn is super fast. Like 20 seconds in multiplayer, but a bit longer in campaign if you pick the weapon up at any point (that last part is assumed, previous Halos have worked that way, I believe). On BTB maps or even the 5v5 maps, you pretty much have no chance of getting back to your body before the despawn.

LOL, just smashed by controller after a DMR duel. 5 shots at the dude's head through a RED FUCKING RETICULE THE ENTIRE TIME and I get downed by a shot to the gut.

Piece. Of. Shit.

Trey

^Just a game, breh.

Who else noticed how quickly weapons de-spawn, especially in campaign? For instance, there will be times when I kill a jackal sniper, run over to his body, and the gun is gone. Or when I drop a weapon to use another for an encounter (juggling) it just vanishes in like 20 seconds. Weapon juggling is also weird, the weapons bounce too much when they hit the ground. I was doing it with a saw and scattershot, and the saw bounced like 4 times off a cliff. Another thing, 343 loves to close doors behind you in campaign. I enter a large area, start getting shot so I try to move back into cover, and surprise! The door shut on me.

30fps

Makes sense, though Oddball and King of the Hill could easily be in a Team Objective/Social Skirmish together.
Nice to know SWAT is coming soon, but I hope Multi Team does as well, since it compensates for the lack of Team Doubles and it's also quite fun.

I think that consolidating objective gametypes into a single hopper is a mistake. Everyone that is playing an objective gametype likes different ones, and a group hopper has always failed to work.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alright, the light rifle is definitely my thing. The triple burst and single shot in one was helping me out tonight. Still a bit frustrated that I can't pull away from the .500 mark on k/d. Maybe I'm running around too much or something.

Dominion is fun unless the banshee spawn camps you. Oddball is awesome unless your "teammate" is really working for the other team.

I just need to get better.

Question about campaign because I haven't finished it yet and I won't have time until next week probably.

Do you go to a Halo? I remember that pic from the menu a while back and I'm just curious.

Ramirez

LOL, just smashed by controller after a DMR duel. 5 shots at the dude's head through a RED FUCKING RETICULE THE ENTIRE TIME and I get downed by a shot to the gut.

Piece. Of. Shit.

Think it's just time to come to grips with the fact that you're a BK.

Higher Level:

You go to a research lab off near a Halo, but you don't go on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom