• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvB

I'd love a new game.

I'd love a new feature.

I'd love some innovation.

I often think the same about football, perhaps they should add cyborg legs to the players or perhaps set a lion onto the pitch.
Perhaps replace the ball with a giant steel cube?

Arnie

I often think the same about football, perhaps they should add cyborg legs to the players or perhaps set a lion onto the pitch.
Perhaps replace the ball with a giant steel cube?

Assuming you're joking, this has to be the worst attempt at a slurp response I've ever seen.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How the fuck do people like this find their way into this thread? The game is named Halo for a reason. It has to be at least a little like Halo to count. :/

lol so dramatic.

"I don't even recognize you anymore babe. You're just not the same as you used to be. The way you kissed me last night, it...it just didn't feel like you. Please come back...come back to me! PLEASE!!...HAAAALLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Risen

Can't say I'm in love with the idea of more auto pick up objectives and ability to throw an objective across the map. Oddball is now Keep-Away or Monkey in the Middle. But hey... it sure is more accessible.

Tashi

Can't say I'm in love with the idea of more auto pick up objectives and ability to throw an objective across the map. Oddball is now Keep-Away or Monkey in the Middle. But hey... it sure is more accessible.

BTW that was me, not my little cousin. Well it was him playing but those messages were from me :lol

Omni

Is it just me or do the Gold (Orange??) visors look... odd?

edit: nvm back-tracked and see the outrage about it. I really hope that's just an early build. I was counting on using the gold visor in the game but wow that looks lke complete crap.

I think it's just because of the fact that they made the visors look 'translucent'. Plus aren't there some mixture visor colours? I would imagine that they'd look much better.

BigShow36

I can't drop the flag, it's nothing like Halo anymore!

Don't worry, being able to change your loadout, pick perks, unlock new weapons, experience bloom, and call in care packages will bring the feeling right back. You'll swear you're right back in the basement playing 4v4 Blood Gultch CTF on LAN.

Halo needs to evolve (CE, right?) and part of 343's design philosophy here seems to be focusing on choice few game types and really making them work well. From the impressions I've read and the footage I've seen, Halo 4 is a lot more fun than previous iterations. If that's at the sacrifice of customization, so be it. If you miss the old games, play them! You can drop flags to your heart's content. I won't be the first to say that flag juggling was more obnoxious than it was fun or "deep".

FLAGDROPPEDFLAGTAKENFLAGDROPPEDFLAGTAKENFLAGDROPPEDFLAGTAKENFLAGDROPPEDFLAGTAKEN

Both of these need to be in the game. Playing with headphones on is a horrible experience because I can't hear game chat over the in game sound.

You can alter game volume vs chat volume in the guide, broseph.

I can't drop the flag, it's nothing like Halo anymore!

kVNz4.gif

BigShow36

Halo needs to evolve (CE, right?) and part of 343's design philosophy here seems to be focusing on choice few game types and really making them work well. From the impressions I've read and the footage I've seen, Halo 4 is a lot more fun than previous iterations. If that's at the sacrifice of customization, so be it. If you miss the old games, play them! You can drop flags to your heart's content. I won't be the first to say that flag juggling was more obnoxious than it was fun or "deep".

FLAGDROPPEDFLAGTAKENFLAGDROPPEDFLAGTAKENFLAGDROPPEDFLAGTAKENFLAGDROPPEDFLAGTAKEN

Yes, the obvious solution was to not let people drop the flag anymore rather than tone back the announcer.

Don't worry, being able to change your loadout, pick perks, unlock new weapons and call in care packages will bring the feeling right back. You'll swear you're right back in the basement playing 4v4 Blood Gultch CTF on LAN.

God, remember picking armor abilities in Halo and Halo 2 and Halo 3? It's a good thing that was there and not merely an evolution of the series.

If you honestly believe you can't load up Ragnarok CTF and get those same tasty feelings you had from back in the day playing Blood Gulch in Halo, you're a crazy crazy lady.

Raide

Then you would also be one of the many that do not see very "deeply".

Kinda interested to see what effect it has on the MLG stuff with CTF. Some of the stuff done in the older Halo games was awesome with flag juggling. Really wondering how it will change things. Might actually make them more interesting! Hopefully. :D

Gui_PT

But you haven't played the game

Before reach came out, from the impressions I read and the footage I saw, I thought armor lock was AMAZING

JHall

So...

YOU HAVE THE BALL +10
BALL THROWN +10
BALL CARRIER +10
YOU HAVE THE BALL +10
BALL CARRIER +10

Is any better?

Does it show what playlist someone is in? It annoyed me in Reach that it just said "Matchmaking in Multiplayer" or "Matchmaking in Firefight" whereas Halo 3 said which playlist the peson was in.

Just says War Games I believe. He's played on Solace and Vortex and has 2 cheevos already ;_;

Tashi

It was so good. At a total loss for words, and that's pretty rare. You still coming to Texas in a couple weeks?

I thought I told you. I bailed out of a Dallas a while ago. Just wasn't in the cards financially. :/

IHaveIce

Banned

God damn, how would it be if guys like you would read some arguments concerning this? 343 can change CTF for matchmaking like they want if they want a new experience, but to scrap custom options for this mode is just stupid.

YourExWife.. gory gifs? really?..

On another note the Halo 4 Scanned trailer was just on German Television.

I've got friends who I know as soon as Halo 4 is out will be straight in custom games with everything turned off and just DMRs. Seriously, just go play Reach.

They've already been complaining that there aren't any small maps.
maybe because there aren't many small maps?

Karl2177

lol so dramatic.

"I don't even recognize you anymore babe. You're just not the same as you used to be. The way you kissed me last night, it...it just didn't feel like you. Please come back...come back to me! PLEASE!!...HAAAALLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Why did you dream cheat on me with Call of Duty?"
"That wasn't a dream"
m-night-shyamalan(2).jpg

EvB

I've got friends who I know as soon as Halo 4 is out will be straight in custom games with everything turned off and just DMRs. Seriously, just go play Reach.

Do you have any friends named Kyle(j)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom