• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi Otter

You could see and hear it. Well, you could hear it. Can't remember if you can rush to see it happening or not.

It literally flies right in front of/over you. Impossible to miss.

EDIT: Bollocks top of the page.

Dont fail me now;
N64TH.gif

Jedi Otter

Well yeah, but it's not is slipspace then is it?

I'm pretty sure you can see it exit slipspce if you rush near the end. I'll be playing H2:V soon, so I'll give it a go then.

Comes out of slipspace to the far left while you're using one of those flying-bridge things. So you're kinda on rails when it happens.
I think my memory of this stuff is ridiculous. Especially when I start to recite the lines from the game as they're being said. Yeah, Im that kind of person with movies. :\

But there were never any missions in 2 that I really ever relished playing in the same way.

Delta Halo? That mission is beast mate.

Cairo Station, Outskirts, Regret...ouch I have a number of missions I replayed the shit out of in Halo 2, more than 3 or Reach that's for sure.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

I'm pretty sure you can see it exit slipspce if you rush near the end. I'll be playing H2:V soon, so I'll give it a go then.

You can't see it exit slipspace but Cortana does notify of a slipspace rupture or some crap, then the screen shakes a lot and it flies by. *hasn't even played that mission in at least 4 years*

Ramirez

You know the condition.

Also of note, I found my extra patch and actually have Agro's in an envelope! Taken me long enough but it'll get to him.

That package is lost bro! I just want to send all of this stuff out at once.

Let it be known HaloGAF Ramirez Raffle winners, Heckfu is holding your prizes hostage.

So, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but apparently the FOTUS (unicorn helmet) is no longer exclusive to the Halo 4 console. Now it just reads an exclusive skin (a la limited edition)

From the MS Store website

I'm fuckin confused with all this armour exclusivity stuff.

EDIT; or has reddit lied to me? Was it clarified at any point?

Link? I am not sure where you are reading that but you are saying 2 things:
a. The FOTUS armor no longer comes with LE console
b. It is NOT exclusive to the LE console

blamite

I think it slips in from behind a building, so you don't see an effect or anything, but you can hear a slipspace noise before it appears.

DesertFox

OMG, I remember watching that all the time! Didn't Halo CE have game demos? I remember after my friends and I were done blasting each other's faces off, we'd have ridiculous fun playing the Fuzion Frenzy demo.

0.jpg
Lol I did this exact same thing. Me and my brother pulled an all nighter on Xbox launch day - and about 2 hours of it was the fusion frenzy demo

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
OMG, I remember watching that all the time! Didn't Halo CE have game demos? I remember after my friends and I were done blasting each other's faces off, we'd have ridiculous fun playing the Fuzion Frenzy demo.

0.jpg

what do you mean?

it totally had the full version of twisted system... i mean fuzion frenzy :p

Drove over 2.5 hours but it was worth it. Road tripped with two of my friends. Heckfu, come pick up your stuff whenever!

Hah, thats a bit of trip, but as long it was fun and worth it. I still can't find anything other than 20oz bottles... strangely enough they aren't even showing up on the mountain dew locator even though I have found em.

Rooster Teeth just shared this:

Hoover Dam

Its a Pokeball

Anyways, this number was '20'. I wonder where this is leading.. I can't help but think its too late for something like this to get people interested.

Booooo

Hopefully its an early one tomorrow.

FyreWulff

Is the argument/hunch here that they announce the DLC and the rough timeframe to reassure consumers that the season pass does have a true value with a measurable time frame?

Or are you stating that the the time frame is set to play out completely this close to launch to allow enough time for marketing of the next game/remake/expansion (which may simply be the Xbox 720 - not necessarily a Halo property per se).

The second option would actually make a lot of sense. Release Halo 4. Sell Map season/sparty pass (with guaranteed map packs on a tight schedule) and then you're free to promote the hell out of the Xbox 720 as soon as the last DLC has been pushed out (at that point they're betting they would have already made most of their money from season pass holders and they won't care about people waiting for the 720 cannibalizing their Halo dollars.)

EDIT - Using this argument can we deduce the announcement of the 720 will come sometime approximately a month after the final Halo 4 map pack? Which would give them just enough time to promote and launch by Thanksgiving.

My hunch is related to the fact that the DLC will be out and released early enough to sell to the most potential population. Consider the E3s Halo 3, Reach, and 4 were announced at, and the year they actually came out. Note MS wanting a two year cycle. Currently, my prediction is lining up. MS is very predictable. Remember "no purple"? Now look at all of Halo 4's maps and the DLC.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If FOTUS isn't console exclusive, major lulz @ the kids who paid $70+ for it on eBay.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
If FOTUS isn't console exclusive, major lulz @ the kids who paid $70+ for it on eBay.

Was probably just for the skin too lol.

And anyone else having an issue with the constant changing of the standard/LE/Console inclusions? It seems as though every week it's different.

Aren't A and B the same thing? Anywho link would be Here.

No, I guess what I should have said was
a. The FOTUS armor no longer comes with LE console Its purchased separately
b. It is NOT exclusive to the LE console but still comes with it

Either way, I see what you mean now but I think its just poor wording. Or, I'm wrong.

Was probably just for the skin too lol.

And anyone else having an issue with the constant changing of the standard/LE/Console inclusions? It seems as though every week it's different.

I don't think has been changed. I am selling mine on Ebay, if any of those kids bid on a skin I would refund them as will everyone else need to. You can't tell them its the armor and ship them a skin.

Well, at least I wouldn't.

Fuchsdh

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I don't think has been changed. I am selling mine on Ebay, if any of those kids bid on a skin I would refund them as will everyone else need to. You can't tell them its the armor and ship them a skin.

Well, at least I wouldn't.

Problem is, it being a skin or armour keeps changing.

We will really need to wait to get the final boxes before we know what we actually get.
Seriously, this is just stupid.

Finally caught up after a long day.

Here's Polygon's Halo MP Playtesting video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btk_LSfcUbU

This video is very much to my interest, being that it is a process that I want to be a part of. :) Thank you for this.

*squeal* Yay forge bulletin. inb4 kylej's "forge has better lightin"

RIP Pepsi; that one's for you GP.

And on a serious note, RIP to Scorcho. Fucking awful. :(

Hehehe... lol Pepsi. ;)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Polygon looks like a clusterfuck. It's trying to be Edge 2.0 so much it hurts.

Their $700k Microsoft bankroll lost them any credibility they had before they even launched.

Fuchsdh

Interesting picture of the back of the LE (That sentence is pretty bad... eh)

Looks like it comes with skins, not armour. Not sure if I was the only one confused about that.

Was pretty clear it was skins for a while now, but yeah not that surprising people are still confused.

The unboxing videos have me excited for the fictional content. Nothing as nice from a physical standpoint as Halsey's Journal, but still looks like some meaty canon bits to savor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom