• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

No I'm not. What I'm talking about is a tactic that while I agree is perfectly valid to use is annoying as all hell. I'm talking the guys who don't shoot and just hop around till you have to reload. Then at that point they unload. Those are the ones I'm talking about. I as I said understand it's perfectly valid. However it's annoying as all hell and it's made worse when you're working on one of their buddies and they come hopping around in the middle of the firefight causing the auto aim to drag to them instead of your target. As a result you end up having to reload when you might not have. Those are the one's that were pissing me off. Not those that shoot and hop granted they're annoying but at least they're shooting at you when doing the hopping.

As a side not to that I'll say half the time it's one of my teammates too. Since there's no friendly fire I've had them come hopping around while working on a guy and as a result of them hopping around in front of me half my shots go into them and not my target.

I've never ran across bunnies in Halo.

But really it comes down to aim, sounds like yours is off.

No I'm not. What I'm talking about is a tactic that while I agree is perfectly valid to use is annoying as all hell. I'm talking the guys who don't shoot and just hop around till you have to reload. Then at that point they unload. Those are the ones I'm talking about. I as I said understand it's perfectly valid. However it's annoying as all hell and it's made worse when you're working on one of their buddies and they come hopping around in the middle of the firefight causing the auto aim to drag to them instead of your target. As a result you end up having to reload when you might not have. Those are the one's that were pissing me off. Not those that shoot and hop granted they're annoying but at least they're shooting at you when doing the hopping.

As a side not to that I'll say half the time it's one of my teammates too. Since there's no friendly fire I've had them come hopping around while working on a guy and as a result of them hopping around in front of me half my shots go into them and not my target.

If they are hopping around and not shooting you you should have full shields...

Why dont you just shoot them and kill them?

I guess I'd need to see a video but it sounds like youre getting out dmr'd and you're upset. Jumping has been in every Halo...

It doesn't even have to be a movie. Dodging/using evasive maneuvers to avoid an object coming at you is real life. No one just "stands there" to acknowledge the accuracy of a projectile.

Don't misconstrue my point with support for what PsychoRaven is saying. I took issue with using movies as a barometer for what you can't and cannot do in videogames, given that each can essentially make up their own physics and whatnot.

MIMIC

Banned
Don't misconstrue my point with support for what PsychoRaven is saying. I took issue with using movies as a barometer for what you can't and cannot do in videogames, given that each can essentially make up their own physics and whatnot.

That wasn't my intent. It's just the first thing that came to mind.

FyreWulff

Forerunner screendump. Thanks to Nowise, I remembered the Blind skull existed. 170 images or so in this one (I'll go back through it later tonight and remove the ones that are too similar to each other)

http://imgur.com/a/FybUX#0

IeE1al.jpg

dm6hPl.jpg

6861Kl.jpg

iq1Nxl.jpg

233hwl.jpg

Solve all these problems by playing a real Halo game.

pistol_ingame.jpg

Forerunner screendump. Thanks to Nowise, I remembered the Blind skull existed. 170 images or so in this one (I'll go back through it later tonight and remove the ones that are too similar to each other)

Amazing. The structure of Requiem really shocked me playing through the Campaign; it was so mysterious and unique.

They got banned, really?

Ozzy is only here to try to suck up to the devs.

Funny I have more interaction with them through Waypoint than here, you know their official commercial site vs. personal posting here. You can drop the act now and get back on topic, perhaps the recent bans are a solid reminder of that. In light of this threads utter common decency I take it on myself to give them some kudos for remaining here.

On topic:

1. JiP has been great the last few nights. I had 3 games start as 5v3 and by the time the game matched and started we had 5v5 ready from the start. No one quit either. Nice tweaks going on.

2. Played Challenge CTF while 343i CTF is rotated out and the teamwork was solid, fast games and hardly any cheapness. Also might have one of the fastest Ragnarok flag caps around. Literally hog base to base cap from the start

Arnie

Join in Progress will never be a good addition to Halo, unless relegated to Social, because it consolidates that fiesta feeling that nothing you're doing actually matters, that this isn't a game against two teams, that it's an individual slog to personal glory that you can quit out on at any point, and thus join at any point. That the match is just there to service you. Ranked, or on a very fundamental level, competitive Halo should never be about that.

If you want a quick game of spunk bubble Halo with no hassles and minimal search times, you should just be able to opt for Social hoppers that include JIP, and many of the other countless additions that have ripped the very soul out of team play in Halo.

On another note, Psycho, I really don't understand your beef. Your complaint is that people are jumping and not firing, rather than jumping and firing, right? I'd rather the opponent not shoot at me. It's not as if jumping is any more effective if you don't fire, and most opponents jump anyway, it's standard procedure in Halo.

Pop

Funny I have more interaction with them through Waypoint than here, you know their official commercial site vs. personal posting here. You can drop the act now and get back on topic, perhaps the recent bans are a solid reminder of that. In light of this threads utter common decency I take it on myself to give them some kudos for remaining here.

Then why even put up with it here if you can't hang without constantly hovering over the report button. The bolded really puts this whole recently activities into perspective.

BACK on Topic:

Halo 4 could use less bunnies

Dirtbag

Interesting development with this whole MLG vs. Virgin(?) Gaming.
Is 343/MS this out of touch? Or am I?

I thought MLG and 343 were working together? I never know what to believe when it comes to PR from these idiots. Everything surrounding this game is so convoluted.

I thought MLG and 343 were working together? I never know what to believe when it comes to PR from these idiots. Everything surrounding this game is so convoluted.

What happened?

According to Sundance's tweet, 343i wants to work with them but they cannot do anything because Microsoft has an agreement with Virgin Gaming.

Whoops, looks like imgur never got the last 10 screenshots. Should be in there now. Direct link:

http://i.imgur.com/8XuiA.jpg
His armor looks so badass. So badass.

On the first chapter they talk about Jul Dama's Data pad, when you find a intact warthog dont run and drive just wait a little, when you find the hunters kill them then they talk again.

On the second chapter where a promethean kills two elites driving ghosts.

And where you are driving a warthog a make a high jump Cortana will start screaming like hell.
Wait. What do I have to unlock a dialogue there? Just watch? If so, I got the dialogue again. :/ Damn. I hope that isn't everything.

Then why even put up with it here if you can't hang without constantly hovering over the report button. The bolded really puts this whole recently activities into perspective.

BACK on Topic:

Halo 4 could use less bunnies

Funny I haven't hit a report button at all, not even once since being here. I had two PM's weeks ago with a mod and requested no action as things became civil again, one person was out of line back then. Everything this thread wants to scapegoat me with is completely their own posting content and fault. Karma is a jaded bitch.

Back to Halo chatter please.

Dirtbag

At worst MLG can't have HALO on the circuit tournaments period from what I seem to understand.
Then a MLG playlist is out the question. It's all up in the air.

Fuck this game.

Halo is probably the best game in the world at turning a story into a collective context and making personal achievement feel like a service.
Like many other blockbuster video games, Halo has extensive online community features: discussion forums, wikis, file-sharing)so that players can upload and share videos of their finest gameplay moments). But Bungie and Xbox have taken it much further than these traditional context-building tools. They've given players groundbreaking tools for tracking the magnitude of their collective effort and unprecendented opportunities to reflect on the epic scale of their collective service.

and it goes onto other stuff...

~From Reality is Broken.

Unfortunately not any longer, none of my actions feel important. I cannot share moments, I cannot find where I stand among others, I can only find useless stats while draggin myself through Waypoint that mean nothing cause every playlist is Social and I could have spent all my time in BTB. I see no major collective aggregate statistics.

Yup that's Halo

Does that process actually run through your head in that exact order seconds before getting into a boltshot duel?
Oh come on, Thruster pack is like the most inoffensive addition to Halo 4. If they scrapped AAs but kept Thruster pack as a default ability across the board I'd be okay with it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Sundance to Flamesword when asked about the type of support needed: "Support of any kind. Marketing, promotion, financial, you name it."

Maybe not an exclusive deal then...odd situation

Unfortunately not any longer, none of my actions feel important. I cannot share moments, I cannot find where I stand among others, I can only find useless stats while draggin myself through Waypoint that mean nothing cause every playlist is Social and I could have spent all my time in BTB. I see no major collective aggregate statistics.

Agree about really needing to get file sharing online. As far as enjoyment I just play for the game, not the stats. That said, however, I'm surprised ranking wasn't in the game on launch for some playlists. I'm also jealous of the COD YouTube and cod casting features.

Dirtbag

Sundance to Flamesword when asked about the type of support needed: "Support of any kind. Marketing, promotion, financial, you name it."

Maybe not an exclusive deal then...odd situation

Quite.

It just seems crazy to me that a new studio comes in and finds ways to piss off long standing fans of the series in almost every way imaginable. There are very few games with these type of followings.

WOW
Starcraft
Zelda
Street Fighter
Counterstrike
Halo

Imagine Street Fighter releasing a game and cock-blocking EVO from hosting a tournament. Absurd

http://i.imgur.com/IeE1al.jpg[/im

[img]http://i.imgur.com/dm6hPl.jpg[/im

[img]http://i.imgur.com/6861Kl.jpg[/im

[img]http://i.imgur.com/iq1Nxl.jpg[/im

[img]http://i.imgur.com/233hwl.jpg[/i][/QUOTE]

Love these, keep posting them if you continue to take the screen shots.

Danny 117

Just a few Halo 2 questions after a recent playthrough:

Was Truth counting on Arbiter/Miranda/Johnson to stop Delta Halo from firing so the Ark could be utilised?
It makes no sense that he jumps to earth to find the portal and then coincidentally they stop Delta Halo from firing, allowing the rings to be fired from the Ark (fail safe protocol).

Also, what would Gravemind have asked Cortana about in High Charity? And why would she be effected by an organic parasite?

Agreed. Worthy of a truly epic encounter with Master Chief.

Gets blown by a QTE Pulse Grenade.
It is my biggest critic argument of the story. He could have been such a great character in Halo 4...

Also, what would Gravemind have asked Cortana about in High Charity? And why would she be effected by an organic parasite?
It asks her about several things. One of them is the secret she's hiding. (The Index of Installation 04) The short story "Human Weakness" written by Karen Traviss, published in Halo Evolutions, deals with that matter. You should read it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Quite.

It just seems crazy to me that a new studio comes in and finds ways to piss off long standing fans of the series in almost every way imaginable. There are very few games with these type of followings.

WOW
Starcraft
Zelda
Street Fighter
Counterstrike
Halo

Imagine Street Fighter releasing a game and cock-blocking EVO from hosting a tournament. Absurd

Welll it's a little different. Competitive gaming is very important to Capcom and Street Fighter. It's kinda what the game is all about. I mean, SF2 is still played in tournaments. EVO is bigger for SF and Capcom than MLG is for Halo and 343. There could never be another MLG Halo event and how much would it really effect the Halo franchise?

FyreWulff

Just a few Halo 2 questions after a recent playthrough:

Was Truth counting on Arbiter/Miranda/Johnson to stop Delta Halo from firing so the Ark could be utilised?
It makes no sense that he jumps to earth to find the portal and then coincidentally they stop Delta Halo from firing, allowing the rings to be fired from the Ark (fail safe protocol).

The Ark was originally on Earth, so the way Halo 2 was setting things up made sense. I imagine a possible angle is that he left the index for Tartarsauce to activate, then was essentially heading for the equivalent of a nuclear bunker to ride out the activation of the rings.

Pretty sure that is just a rumor.

And even then, Black Ops 2 maps were probably finished well before launch also.

Pretty sure Kynan Pearson explicitly stated that Harvest was, like Haven, one of the earliest testing beds for game modes. He said that in the IGN video.

It asks her about several things. One of them is the secret she's hiding. (The Index of Installation 04) The short story "Human Weakness" written by Karen Traviss, published in Halo Evolutions, deals with that matter. You should read it.

That book was such a damn good read. I was hoping to see Soren-066 from Pariah in Reach lol

Dirtbag

Welll it's a little different. Competitive gaming is very important to Capcom and Street Fighter. It's kinda what the game is all about. I mean, SF2 is still played in tournaments. EVO is bigger for SF and Capcom than MLG is for Halo and 343. There could never be another MLG Halo event and how much would it really effect the Halo franchise?

Yeah its definitely not a true 1:1 in that regard, but it definitely just further alienates myself and the type of game I want to play and watch.
I don't know what MLG Halo means for the franchise, but MLG COD exists and they seem hell bent on matching COD's output.

It is my biggest critic argument of the story. He could have been such a great character in Halo 4...

Can you really win killing people off though? It almost always comes out cheesy.

u4iX

It's more towards the fact that MLG has tried to support Halo since 2003, and with MS signing an exclusive deal (allegedly) with Virgin Gaming, it feels like a big slap in MLG's face.

Not only is the community, every Halo community, not entirely happy with some aspect of the game, but now companies aren't happy with the way licensing is being handled by the people in charge of the game.

And how does it affect the franchise? Well, that will be seen down the line with Halo 5 sales, and outsider support of the franchise after seeing how MS and 343 has handled potential business partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom