• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

I have the Intensity Shuttle, so I don't know if it has the same inputs as the pro, but it has Composite, Component, S-video, and HDMI all as inputs (and passthrough for all as well with mirrored outputs).

The pro comes with a breakout cable with tons of inputs for other consoles.

The Shuttle is really convienent, but USB3 is still so damn picky. If you don't have the correct mobo, you're SOL for being able to use it. :( Had to return it.

The cables are not a problem, but the signal is. N64 is 240p and the Blackmagic Intensity Pro isn't capable of that appareantly. Did only a quick search, but will search for it again, tommorow, because I'm too tired.

Thanks anyway guys. <3

feel

Have they fixed or changed anything about Halo 4? My real life friend asked me to log in and play with him tonight.. :(

I did not but I bet it was awesome. I was playing StarCraft and WC3 at the time.

For 3 way players on dial up all those years ago before broadband hit it was insanely playable. I've purposefully stayed away from Diablo III just in case I go into addiction territory and play the shit out of that game ;)

Here's a little Halo In Yo face, anyone else got some Bungie Pro videos they'd like to share?

Bomb Run with some stealth and solid teamwork (1min 30secs)

The long crouch walk to assassinate a shotgun enemy (26secs)

more people playing minecraft.

rip halo

cjCUX.png

Ozzy, thought it wasnt going to drop?

I'm not really surprised about slipping a spot, Minecraft has been going from strength to strength and with XMAS I think Minecraft was a lot cheaper to buy or kids getting MS points to buy on demand etc. Minecraft is only 1600 MS points after all.

I just wish XBL/Nelson would post the actual Unique User numbers so we had a better comparison across all the titles.

My guess is over say the next 1-3 months Halo will overtake Minecraft again but probably loose out to some other games. It won't regain #1 against BLOPSII though.

Pop

I'm not really surprised about slipping a spot, Minecraft has been going from strength to strength and with XMAS I think Minecraft was a lot cheaper to buy or kids getting MS points to buy on demand etc. Minecraft is only 1600 MS points after all.

I just wish XBL/Nelson would post the actual Unique User numbers so we had a better comparison across all the titles.

My guess is over say the next 1-3 months Halo will overtake Minecraft again but probably loose out to some other games. It won't regain #1 against BLOPSII though.

You don't say!!

Still no bulletin. Probably will be something like this, "guys we have big news coming, Soon".

Arnie

Minecraft is only 1600 MS points after all.

That's a lot of money for a mass market product on XBLA.

Digital trends on the marketplace sway against pricing over 800 points; games have to be really special to sell well at 1200points (Trials). To garner that much Xbox Live activity from a 1600 point game is seriously impressive.

That's a lot of money for a mass market product on XBLA.

Digital trends on the marketplace sway against pricing over 800 points; games have to be really special to sell well at 1200points (Trials). To garner that much Xbox Live activity from a 1600 point game is seriously impressive.

I'm impressed by how well Minecraft has done, really, not putting it down at all.

Its crazy how many people must play minecraft consistently and yet I dont know any of them. I know there must be entire communities of people who play and love and go through that game in the same way we do with Halo, but I am totally oblivious to that entire community.

Im surprised Halo 4 is third place, christmas has done it good.

Tawpgun

Minecraft on Xbox is kinda cool, but considering the PC version is much more advanced and DOESN'T require a god machine to run, I don't know why the Xbox version took off so much.

IHaveIce

Banned
Finished Thursday War just now, can't say I liked it.

The thing I looked forward to in Glasslands were the Spartans, to meet them again.
Do they come back in the sequel? Nope... :(

u4iX

I suppose if people play it more like a IRL social game it would be worth it.

But everyone here just plays FIFA and im still a scrub. What ever happened to everyone wanting to play Halo?

RIP Halo

Do you have Black Ops II? The League play is super satisfying if you miss actually caring about your personal record and score in an FPS.

Dax is doing the next one. I'll probably do the one after that.

If you have the art done by time this thread is over you can go ahead and do it. Unless you don't mind me posting a thread showing off your art for the first time. After whatever thread that has your art, all we're going to do is copy and paste your art no matter who does the threads.

Do you have Black Ops II? The League play is super satisfying if you miss actually caring about your personal record and score in an FPS.

Yea I really wish Kyle and Co. would get Blops 2 so we can dong like the old days. Cant you see Halo 4 isnt going to be fixed?

IHaveIce

Banned

Oh did COD also get shields, weapons on maps, arena style maps and removed instant respawns?

If it does I pick it up

u4iX

Oh did COD also get shields, weapons on maps, arena style maps and removed instant respawns?

If it does I pick it up

CoD4 had shields... But holding power positions on maps and flanking is actually more important in Black Ops II than Halo 4 in my opinion. The maps in Black Ops II are also some of my favorite since CoD4. Instant respawns are removed in 4v4 competitive League.

The only thing it doesn't have are weapons on maps, but if you think about it, Halo 4 almost suffers the same fate with POD being a "killstreak" and the quick weapon despawn times.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I suppose if people play it more like a IRL social game it would be worth it.

But everyone here just plays FIFA and im still a scrub. What ever happened to everyone wanting to play Halo?

RIP Halo

I wanna play but I have no competitive guys to play with. I just posted over in THC looking for people to run customs with. Will play tomorrow for sure. I'm also waiting for a no radar playlist. Save me Bravo!

MS dont care where Halo ranks anymore. They made their cash and thats all that matters to them. They know a Halo game will sell regardless of how many people play it months in.

Cod is to the 360 as Halo 2 was to the OG xbox.

Yes, RIP HALO at 3rd place overall.

Man, Minecraft has made so much money.

I'm not going to jump into the whole "RIP Halo" thing, and I'm not going to bother arguing that Halo 4's position on the chart is either caused by 343's changes, or by overall exhaustion of the franchise. There's no point. I don't think you can say either for sure.

What the position shows, though, is that, for whatever reason, people aren't playing Halo 4 with the same enthusiasm and numbers as they did Reach or 3, and that's not good news. You can't just shrug it off. When has another Halo game sunken this far so close to its release?

Hopefully soon we see some stuff by 343 to give players more incentive to play the game.

I'm not going to jump into the whole "RIP Halo" thing, and I'm not going to bother arguing that Halo 4's position on the chart is either caused by 343's changes, or by overall exhaustion of the franchise. There's no point. I don't think you can say either for sure.

What the position shows, though, is that, for whatever reason, people aren't playing Halo 4 with the same enthusiasm and numbers as they did Reach or 3, and that's not good news. You can't just shrug it off. When has another Halo game sunken this far so close to its release?

Hopefully we see some stuff by 343 to give players more incentive to play the game soon.

I believe with more casual players, Ie the ones who bulk up the numbers, that once they leave they wont come back. Plus im sure a lot of people trade games in when they stop playing them.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MS dont care where Halo ranks anymore. They made their cash and thats all that matters to them. They know a Halo game will sell regardless of how many people play it months in.

Cod is to the 360 as Halo 2 was to the OG xbox.

I think you're wrong on both of these. MS needs Halo to still do well. It doesn't help the franchise when less and less people want to play the game. However they can't really control Minecraft being as popular as it is.

Also, there has never been anything like CoD. I get what you're saying in terms of ranking on XBL but seriously, CoD is bigger than Beatlemania lol

Tawpgun

Loved CoD4, but not enough to get it for myself.
Played WaW beta, didn't like them going back to WW2.
Jumped on hype train for MW2, got burnt bad.
Never got a CoD game since.

I'd want to focus on FIFA as far as non-halo goes. I still play Halo IRL time to time.

I just miss that it used to be the premiere video game to play splitscreen.

FyreWulff

Or just buy a Macbook Pro as they have just about every connector, come with Final Cut Pro and basically never drop a frame as well as flash based storage for capture/editing performance.

If you're really into capture or editing a macbook pro is the shit for portability, reliability, features and performance.

ZUL3F.jpg

Roommate/coworker has a Mac Pro. Waiting for Apple to actually update the Mac Pros to native Thunderbolt before he updates it.

At that point I'll probably build another WinPC w/ Intel proc and Thunderbolt at the same time. I'd really like to continue supporting AMD but they've fallen so far behind now.. :(

u4iX

I think you're wrong on both of these. MS needs Halo to still do well. It doesn't help the franchise when less and less people want to play the game. However they can't really control Minecraft being as popular as it is.

Also, there has never been anything like CoD. I get what you're saying in terms of ranking on XBL but seriously, CoD is bigger than Beatlemania lol

http://blacktuskstudios.com/

Even though this studio has been rumored as creating "the next Halo" for Microsoft?

Rev3rb

When did Beatlemania fade away?

never.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Hopefully soon we see some stuff by 343 to give players more incentive to play the game.

Yes. Yes you can.

Look at how many Call of Duties are on there. Cmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom