• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakka

I bet your killcams are all fucked up too. Even in the US they are pretty inaccurate

half the time it shows the player facing a totally different direction. they're actually sometimes hilarious to look at. leaves me wondering why they added killcams in the first place.

I received no PMs

HaloGAF is hilarious (not always in a good way)

Halo 4 is okay

343i made bad choices and good choices and I'm sure they know that

I don't care about this meta community bullshit because this thread has been overrun by people who want to be heard too much and force their truth down your throat and iv lost interest in the day to day discussions here because iv read the same shit for the past 2 month on an incredibly small cycle

I want this place to be nice again but I doubt it's going to happen if I want to talk with the members of this group I like I already have a place for it.

On the topic of Adrift, I'm really starting to dislike it now. Just seems to have no flow. Reminds me of condemned. Half the time I'm looking for people and they are always a strafe away from a piece of cover.

Haven is still the best map in the game by far. Love the movement on it. timed respawns would do it a world of good, as well as some static ordnance.
Just stay in the red hallway next to the lift. Every battle I've been a part of always seems to end up there.

As corridor maps go, Adrift is certainly the better of them. Considering the competition however, that's not really saying much.

Tawpgun

But how to modify and use in-game options to give it flow...

hm...

be right back.

Well here's my main problems with it.

1. Remember that MLG or whatever match that ended 0-0 there? I think the map design leads itself to that since its a bunch of tight corridors opening up to bigger areas. But the main problem is there's nothing worth going for with the global ordnance system. Or at least there might NOT be and you won't know until it drops.

Best way to fix this, and a lot of maps, is to make the ordnance drops static. Make it so rockets spawn in the middle of Adrift. It's the perfect power weapon for that map since you gotta be careful using it in CQC. Make something cool spawn on the mancannon sides. The fact that you can turtle in your base until HOPEFULLY you get a sticky det (which is what happened) is kinda silly.

The main thing is, in previous Halo's map flow was driven by power weapon spawns. Sure you could so and so map area, but then you don't have control over one or more power weapons that the enemy can use against you. But with Halo 4's new ordnance system, we can't do that.

2. The lighting. Everything looks the same. There are some differences but they are SO. SUBTLE. Both of the bases look exactly the same to me, don't know which one is red or blue. If you put me in the middle structure, and I wasn't allowed to look at the top hallways (which are a bit color codes) I couldn't tell you which base was which. Nor which mancannon side spawns the scatter or sticky det. This is why a lot of map makers and MLG feel the need to put forge lights in a lot of their maps.

rakka

red base is the sunny one in adrift, blues the dark one. that's how i tell them apart :-/

in the corridors however it's harder , as you said lighting to differentiate is very subtle

Just stay in the red hallway next to the lift. Every battle I've been a part of always seems to end up there.

As corridor maps go, Adrift is certainly the better of them. Considering the competition however, that's not really saying much.

What corridor maps are you thinking of?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
What if the map just doesn't work for Slayer?

I would agree though that a good way of trying to control the flow would be to change the ordnance drops. Make them all in the central room or some shit lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I believe him. I got this in response to the Ozzy vs Heckfu 1v1 extravaganza:

j5WnLZKALANfT.png

LTTP but this is hilarious.

What if the map just doesn't work for Slayer?

I would agree though that a good way of trying to control the flow would be to change the ordnance drops. Make them all in the central room or some shit lol

The only thing Adrift works well with is KotH because it forces combat to different areas around the map.

Orbital, enough said.

Orbital was alright, but I think Rat Race was my all-time favorite corridor map.

The only thing Adrift works well with is KotH because it forces combat to different areas around the map.

Orbital was alright, but I think Rat Race was my all-time favorite corridor map.

nothing good ever happened on rat race

except for this one time where I grav lifted an enemy warthog into the path of their own teammate's rocket

that was pretty cool.

Dirtbag

Corridor maps kind of blow in halo. Unless you count Lockout as one, in which case it was one of the best in the series.

Halo shines in arena and open layouts.

Tawpgun

Corridor maps kind of blow in halo. Unless you count Lockout as one, in which case it was one of the best in the series.

Halo shines in arena and open layouts.

Lockout was good because the map movement on that map was subliiiime.

There's no cool movement in Adrift.

Dirtbag

Seriously, where the fuck are the forge maps in matchmaking?
I'm so tired of Adrift, and Solace has become my least favorite map given the garbage sight lines... leaving me with Abandon, Complex, Haven over and over.

There are only so many times I can enjoy Haven in a row. Step it up 343~!

Overdoziz

Banned
Except that KotH doesn't work well on segmented maps like Adrift. If you spawn on the other side of the map it simply takes way too long before you're able to challenge people in the hill. KotH can be an amazing gametype but the only times where I've actually enjoyed it much is in the MLG playlists. Their maps and setups for KotH are always great. Meanwhile Bungie gave us 30 second, random hills on huge and/or segmented maps.

What corridor maps are you thinking of?
Orbital, Countdown, Chiron, Chill Out, Construct, Rat Race, etc. I think the relative lack of grenade spam is what's helping me enjoy Adrift at the moment, so there's the obvious caveat to my previous statement. Plus I never played more than 2v2 on any of the CE maps, to further disqualify myself, lol.

Orbital, enough said.
lol.

Rat Race was excellent. I'm glad Reach went with Prisoner for the remake, since I never want to hate Rat Race.

Enfinit

Sorry, should have been more clear. I was agreeing with you - it's bullshit that the lag is so terrible that you can't make the jump. That is some game-breaking shit.

And I assumed you were outside of the US. I've heard some horror stories here about the non-US lag in Halo 4 :(

I'm in the US and I've had a couple of mishaps with the mancannons on Adrift. Especially in CTF when I'll be attempting to lift across with the flag, but apparently the added weight of the flag renders me too fat and I suicide. All that work for nothing.

Tawpgun

Had to fucking rage quit just now.

343, I don't know if you were blind to the issue of the camo sniper, or just didn't think it was a big deal enough to attempt to do anything about it.

You had the PERFECT opportunity to make camo a power up. I just don't get it. I don't rage quit often but good god.

orznge

Banned

343, I don't know if you were blind to the issue of the camo sniper, or just didn't think it was a big deal enough to attempt to do anything about it.

You had the PERFECT opportunity to make camo a power up. I just don't get it. I don't rage quit often but good god.

powerups enforce the archaic rule of "map control"

wwm0nkey

So the Murder Miners update will be out Sunday and they were only able to add one map but fixed a lot of the other ones. So who wants to play some Murder Miners Sunday?

Enfinit

I'm really curious to how an employee of 343i reacts when they get sniped by someone using Active Camo.

"Man, now THAT'S what I'm talking about!"

Louis Wu

woah, has anybody confirmed that this works? What's the occasion? How's it classified on Waypoint?

how exciting...this is more than the monthly reward :)
Worked for me. I have no clue what the occasion is. It's not classified as ANYTHING on Waypoint. (Just says you've unlocked a reward, 20k XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom