• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always fun to see people JIP into a game, see they're on a significantly disadvantaged team and leave immediately.

JIP. Another well thought-out addition by 343i.

And look how much it's helping with those population numbers! Accessibility for the win, am I right?

Shadders

If virgin have exclusivity to the tournaments that is some serious bullshit.

I'm pretty sure it will just be until the Infinity Challenge has finished. Can't imagine they'd have signed over any long term rights.

EDIT: Then again, MLG dropped Reach like a bad habit.. Perhaps they offended someone at 343/MS?

MLG's directives and contracts also attempt and often obtain exclusive rights. Don't feel sorry for them, because they play the same game.

I'm not feeling sorry for MLG. But if anyone was going to run a tournament I think id much prefer it to be MLG. The fact 343i went with someone relatively unproven and obscure like Virgin instead of MLG is a strange move

Kuroyume

Banned
It's always fun to see people JIP into a game, see they're on a significantly disadvantaged team and leave immediately.

JIP. Another well thought-out addition by 343i.

And look how much it's helping with those population numbers! Accessibility for the win, am I right?

Wah wah wah

FyreWulff

I'm not feeling sorry for MLG. But if anyone was going to run a tournament I think id much prefer it to be MLG. The fact 343i went with someone relatively unproven and obscure like Virgin instead of MLG is a strange move

One company makes money, the other is constantly bailed out by outside money. Business wise, Virgin makes plenty of sense.

Also, it's pretty attractive when you can have a sponsor with enough money to let you do a Rod Roddy "A NEW CAR!" to one of your fans.

TheOddOne

You should play Spartan Ops on Cauldron and take a bubbling shit all over your screen to prove you hate the game as much as you say.
tumblr_mdye3uLBUF1rlrpvqo1_400.gif

No, thats me.

And every time you're JIP'd into a game, somebody had already quit out and those matches were going to be crap. Better an imperfect solution than no solution.

No. A game people enjoy playing and are less likely to quit out of would be a preferred solution. 343i has proven themselves incapable and/or unwilling to make such a game.

And if that fails, a public skill ranking that is severely affected by quitting. Like, lose a full level or more if you quit.

Nowise10

No. A game people enjoy playing and are less likely to quit out of would be a preferred solution. 343i has proven themselves incapable and/or unwilling to make such a game.

That has to be the most ridiculous statement I've read on here today.

Its like, are you really trying that hard to insult 343?

That has to be the most ridiculous statement I've read on here today.

Its like, are you really trying that hard to insult 343?

*shrugs*

It's a qualitative assessment of the talent of a dev studio based on their output to date. You're free to disagree if you wish, free country and all that.

Halo 4 has been collecting some dust for me so I just did an online co-op session with my missus.

A lot of fun. 4v4 is great when one person on your team you can speak with. The only issue is the framerate gets kinda dodgy, especially on the big maps. Stupid old hardware!

My girlfriend would have (like me) hated previous incarnations of Halo online, so it's a real testament to 4 that she enjoys it as much as I do. Now I know she likes it I'll be playing it a lot more.

kylej

Banned
It's nearly 11 on New Years Eve. My wife has gone to bed and I'm drinking a lukewarm can of Bud and browsing GAF.

My life is so rock and roll.

I'm currently on hour 12 of working and will continue until midnight. I will probably have a diet ginger ale at midnight. Ballin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom